There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by Muggins:
No the grass is/was being grown at a different location. They are prepping the dirt for the incoming sod.


http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140329/sports/140329450

The sod should be on it's way as it looks like their finished grading.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 9, 2014 at 3:43 PM ]




http://levisstadium.com/headlines?type=photos-audio
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Muggins:
No the grass is/was being grown at a different location. They are prepping the dirt for the incoming sod.


http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140329/sports/140329450

The sod should be on it's way as it looks like their finished grading.

Yup. There was nothing done to the playing field today . . . I saw the sprinklers going a couple of times to keep it damp.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yup. There was nothing done to the playing field today . . . I saw the sprinklers going a couple of times to keep it damp.

There is a patch of grass at the base of the uprights closest to the gigapixel cam.
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yup. There was nothing done to the playing field today . . . I saw the sprinklers going a couple of times to keep it damp.

There is a patch of grass at the base of the uprights closest to the gigapixel cam.

I keep a patch of grass by my goal post too.
Or red/orange seats that have like 10 different shades? lol
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yup. There was nothing done to the playing field today . . . I saw the sprinklers going a couple of times to keep it damp.

There is a patch of grass at the base of the uprights closest to the gigapixel cam.

I keep a patch of grass by my goal post too.

They have some of the stadium lights on tonight. Sprinklers are going.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM ]
I can help on the grass situation since I was there today working on the controller. It is hooked to temporary power and got fried due to surges (and people plugging and switching the extension cable being run to it). There will be a new module there tomorrow.

The samples of grass are just sitting on the sand right now. If everything goes well with getting more permanent power, the sod will go in Friday or Saturday. The sand that was originally put down was too "loose" so they had to bring a bunch of fiber in to help it be more compact. The sprinklers are just running round the clock to make sure the sand is compacted properly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I can help on the grass situation since I was there today working on the controller. It is hooked to temporary power and got fried due to surges (and people plugging and switching the extension cable being run to it). There will be a new module there tomorrow.

The samples of grass are just sitting on the sand right now. If everything goes well with getting more permanent power, the sod will go in Friday or Saturday. The sand that was originally put down was too "loose" so they had to bring a bunch of fiber in to help it be more compact. The sprinklers are just running round the clock to make sure the sand is compacted properly.

Thanks, uba.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for LayTheWoodall.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I can help on the grass situation since I was there today working on the controller. It is hooked to temporary power and got fried due to surges (and people plugging and switching the extension cable being run to it). There will be a new module there tomorrow.

The samples of grass are just sitting on the sand right now. If everything goes well with getting more permanent power, the sod will go in Friday or Saturday. The sand that was originally put down was too "loose" so they had to bring a bunch of fiber in to help it be more compact. The sprinklers are just running round the clock to make sure the sand is compacted properly.

Thanks, uba.

Thanks for the info! That's some great insight
Glad to help. I am just waiting for vendor appreciation day :)
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I can help on the grass situation since I was there today working on the controller. It is hooked to temporary power and got fried due to surges (and people plugging and switching the extension cable being run to it). There will be a new module there tomorrow.

The samples of grass are just sitting on the sand right now. If everything goes well with getting more permanent power, the sod will go in Friday or Saturday. The sand that was originally put down was too "loose" so they had to bring a bunch of fiber in to help it be more compact. The sprinklers are just running round the clock to make sure the sand is compacted properly.

Thanks for the update. Hard Intel. Do you work out there often?
so thgat green stuff they mixed into the sand was fiber then? hmm
Originally posted by THEB:
so thgat green stuff they mixed into the sand was fiber then? hmm

That makes sense. I thought it was some nutrient to help the grass.