LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
they should put the helmet as the midfield logo

Mushroom helmet ?
anybody know what that black rectangle located in the lower seat section of the tower side is? It looks out of place and Ive been stumped for weeks wondering. Looks about 15x8'.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
anybody know what that black rectangle located in the lower seat section of the tower side is? It looks out of place and Ive been stumped for weeks wondering. Looks about 15x8'.

Those are seats. They were the first seats installed on the day they had the press out for the ceremonial installment. They're black seats so I think they're going to eventually be replaced.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Those are seats. They were the first seats installed on the day they had the press out for the ceremonial installment. They're black seats so I think they're going to eventually be replaced.

No, they're gonna install more black seats. The Raiders will be announced as surprise co-tenants and they demand half the seats, all in the lower bowl, be black. This will delay the inaugural season to 2015. Sorry.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

They arent black seats. the seats installed for the ceremony were red. they are just covered with something. most likely black trash bags.

the first seats installed were red
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I found a clip of the ceremony and the seats are indeed red. I believe they're being covered up with some type of black tarp.

http://levisstadium.com/headlines/seat-installation-begins
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM ]
Another story on the turf. It should be arriving this time next week

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140329/sports/140329450

Dunn said he would be comfortable staging a game at Levi's within three or four weeks of installation, but the 49ers will coddle their turf until Aug. 2 when the San Jose Earthquakes host a soccer game against the Seattle Sounders FC in Levi's inaugural event
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM ]
Sweet
Going to be sweet seeing DJax flying down that new turf and Kap hitting him for 80+ yard TDs.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Going to be sweet seeing DJax flying down that new turf and Kap hitting him for 80+ yard TDs.

Originally posted by SportsFan:

As you well know by now this ain't happening. A lot of activity on the stadium floor of Levi's right now. They've got these long hose type things stretched clear across the field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
As you well know by now this ain't happening. A lot of activity on the stadium floor of Levi's right now. They've got these long hose type things stretched clear across the field.

Yeah, what's going on with that?
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Yeah, what's going on with that?

The hose I think was for a hydro-seeder which sprays grass seeds mixed with water and mulch. You can see it where the green surface is. They hit a couple spots around the perimeter. Now they're placing bags of something in a grid pattern all over the field. No clue what that's about. It might be fertilizer or something to prep for the sod, just guessing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The sod is due in on the 5th so things are coming together quickly.
Share 49ersWebzone