LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AUniner:
* The 49ers expect to start laying the grass at their new stadium Aug. 5, an event that Harbaugh eagerly anticipates. "It will be like a pool table, a billiard's table. Matt Greiner's the finest groundskeeper there is. This will be like Augusta's fairways."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/harbaugh-notes-coach-to-scout-qbs-fales-carr-says-49ers-seeking-no-3-wr.html#storylink=cpy

August 5 for new turf. How does that play with Preseason ready to kick off and the Regular season only a month away??

That's gotta be a typo . . . You'd think they'd want it in this spring to get the roots nice and strong by September
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
That's gotta be a typo . . . You'd think they'd want it in this spring to get the roots nice and strong by September

Yeah it is in 2-3 weeks.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yeah it is in 2-3 weeks.

major typo cause the Quakes game is Aug 2nd
* The 49ers expect to start laying the grass at their new stadium Aug. 5, an event that Harbaugh eagerly anticipates. "It will be like a pool table, a billiard's table. Matt Greiner's the finest groundskeeper there is. This will be like Augusta's fairways."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/harbaugh-notes-coach-to-scout-qbs-fales-carr-says-49ers-seeking-no-3-wr.html#storylink=cpy

August 5 for new turf. How does that play with Preseason ready to kick off and the Regular season only a month away??

thats wrong, its april not august
Barrows has fixed it now - well done Webzone. April makes me feel a lot better. We would lead the league in knee and ankle injuries otherwise.
Barrows has fixed it now - well done Webzone. April makes me feel a lot better. We would lead the league in knee and ankle injuries otherwise.

The NFL has a requirement for number of weeks a new field must be installed before a game can be played on it. Levis is right up against that requirement.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

The NFL has a requirement for number of weeks a new field must be installed before a game can be played on it. Levis is right up against that requirement.

I guess that rule doesn't apply to the raiders and their infield replacement and the resodding of fields in between the hashes. Usually stadiums will do those in just 2 weeks with a bye or away game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, when I read that I thought it was definetly a typo. No way their laying the field in August.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, when I read that I thought it was definetly a typo. No way their laying the field in August.

That was just a bad typo because there's a SJ 'Quakes game in Levi's like August 4th (maybe 2nd?). Whatever the case, field will be getting installed in about a week.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by mayo49:

That was just a bad typo because there's a SJ 'Quakes game in Levi's like August 4th (maybe 2nd?). Whatever the case, field will be getting installed in about a week.

Glad it's in April and not in August. It's been a long enough wait already. Can't wait to see the grass layed down.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM ]

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I guess that rule doesn't apply to the raiders and their infield replacement and the resodding of fields in between the hashes. Usually stadiums will do those in just 2 weeks with a bye or away game.

Definitely an exception due to the multi-sport venue aspect (which used to apply to many more teams/stadiums)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Remember back in the day when we lost to Dallas in the NFCCG it rained like hell all week and they slapped some new sod down that week.
I want some gold grass.

At least in the endzones.
I hope the tradition of red endzones for the playoffs continues at Levi's
they should put the helmet as the midfield logo
Share 49ersWebzone