Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yeah. following the stick protocol. Which is a similar situation we have here.
a few reason why i think parking is for club seats only.
- No evidence and not one person is 100% sure on the subject
- Invoices come out next month and we haven't even been entertained with prepaid parking option (but we can sign up for Michael Mina's)
- The 49ers only have one parking lot that is their own (Great America Lot)
- 49ers didn't offer prepaid parking outside of their own parking lot at the stick
- 49ers did workout a deal with surrounding private business property to let people park on Gamedays like what they did in SF (Motor Home/Business)
- Trying to organize prepaid parking for all of the different surrounding lots will be more work then it's worth.
but if im wrong then hooray..cause i want to tailgate..but i doubt it
forgot the most important one: Not enough parking spots to Ticket holders.
So you are under the impression that outside of club seats Tailgating will be next to impossible?
Also you must have missed the article that came out a few weeks back that said the 49ers exceeded the number of parking spots that they originally planned on getting. What they got was more than enough for all season ticket holders to get a parking spot.
Peeps gotta get over the "no tailgating" thing. That was someting that came out a LONG, LONG time ago and was connected to the construction of the worlds largest parking lot....at the site of the 'stick.
That hasen't been the case for a long, long time. The only places right now that I've heard there will be no tailgating is the Parking structure across the street (flames indoors=bad idea) and the golf course (open flames and methane fumes=spontaneous combustion)
Also...you are correct...there will actually be MORE parking spots than there are at Candlestick. They secured EXTRA seats by sweetening the pot to those businesses so they made more money on gamedays.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM ]