There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by 4ML:
Got a DVD of top 10 plays at Candlestick in the mail today from the Niners

Anyone else got it...or am I the last one to get this lol

Yes, I got mine on Wednesday. Pretty cool DVD.
Originally posted by 49ersfansorsure:

Tried playing it on my ps3 but it won't let me play all the highlights. I has a sadz
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Tried playing it on my ps3 but it won't let me play all the highlights. I has a sadz

Anyone mind uploading it and sharing it for their broke, 49er brethren?
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by fister30:
I love these articles that say it's nearly complete. At the bottom of the latest article, a small disclaimer about how they need to do all of the electrical, plumbing, all 68k seats, and the concrete walkways outside and inside of the stadium....

At least it should be done by this summer.

Damn you dumber than I thought. They clearly don't need to install 68k seats still.

This is what was in the article, just pointing out something funny. Still butt hurt I see. It will be ok comrade, you will live to fight another day.

Link to article?

I had same problem. Seems like the main page controls are f**ked. I could get Bowman's pick and The Catch to play.

Felt like an idiot for not being able to figure it out.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Seattle's stadium wasn't that loud in the playoffs because they couldn't pump in the noise like they do normally. Someone must have been watching for it, the dB meter got nowhere near the 137 mark.

I thought it was because there were alot of 9er fans....more so than our other regular season games.

But in their playoff game against saints week before noise level was the same again - nowhere near 130
FWIW, by observation you can see that most of the seats are in and I can guarantee that most the electrical and plumbing is done. Looking at the photos from the latest press tour, inside it looks like they're in the later stages of finish work (paint/wall & floor coverings) and beginning to start-up and "commission" all of the building systems. It's getting close.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I had same problem. Seems like the main page controls are f**ked. I could get Bowman's pick and The Catch to play.

Felt like an idiot for not being able to figure it out.

Yeah it's f**ked. You try it on a computer?
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Pretty sure it's the same one on 49ers.com
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Pretty sure it's the same one on 49ers.com

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Farewell-Candlestick-The-Catch/d524c136-3c61-4067-bea1-7399afa70f3a
??? this? or not idk
Originally posted by lucky_49:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Farewell-Candlestick-The-Catch/d524c136-3c61-4067-bea1-7399afa70f3a
??? this? or not idk

Naw I was mistaken, my bad. Not on 49ers.com
I've been lurking on here for a while and just registered recently, but I got the DVD in the mail as well. It's tricky, but I figured out how to play all the moments on my Playstation. Entering number 1 is the Bowman Pick 6, 2 is the #10 moment, 3 is #9, etc.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

it's going to be sick at night when all the lights as well as all things cosmetic are put in. look how the suites light up already.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy

He writes for a newspaper, and of course this makes him an acoustics expert. OK.

Did you used to take care of elephants? Because you are an expert at shoveling crap around.

Barrows wrote a similar piece a few months ago and like this one, I felt it lacked insight and source. Maiocco's article (which pertains to a similar subject, Levi's acoustics, noise factor) is much more factual, insightful, and includes more substance.

Yeah wtf Barrows saying it's going to be quiet, whereas everyone else is saying it's going to be loud as hell?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy

He writes for a newspaper, and of course this makes him an acoustics expert. OK.

Did you used to take care of elephants? Because you are an expert at shoveling crap around.

Barrows wrote a similar piece a few months ago and like this one, I felt it lacked insight and source. Maiocco's article (which pertains to a similar subject, Levi's acoustics, noise factor) is much more factual, insightful, and includes more substance.

Yeah wtf Barrows saying it's going to be quiet, whereas everyone else is saying it's going to be loud as hell?

Barrows' piece is all opinionated, it's not really based on any factual info or inside sources. Basically because it doesn't appear loud and capable of containing sound to him, or built architecturally exact to the Link up in Seattle, therefore it will be quiet.

He even said that Levi's doesn't have any spaces that traps noise even when there's an enormous glass tower of suites and press boxes dominating the entire west side of the field that numerous stadium officials have stated that it was designed in part to contain noise and reflect it back onto the field . Acoustics expert he is not.