There are 194 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fister30:
I love these articles that say it's nearly complete. At the bottom of the latest article, a small disclaimer about how they need to do all of the electrical, plumbing, all 68k seats, and the concrete walkways outside and inside of the stadium....

At least it should be done by this summer.

Well if they're 80% complete, that means 20% still needs to be finished. lol
  • THEB
  • Veteran
they dont have to do "all the electrical, plumbing and seats" most of that is already done
Anybody else get the top Candlestick moments dvd in the mail today? f**king thing will only let me select the pick at the Stick highlight
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love these articles that say it's nearly complete. At the bottom of the latest article, a small disclaimer about how they need to do all of the electrical, plumbing, all 68k seats, and the concrete walkways outside and inside of the stadium....

Well if they're 80% complete, that means 20% still needs to be finished. lol

This
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Anybody else get the top Candlestick moments dvd in the mail today? f**king thing will only let me select the pick at the Stick highlight

I got it

Damn you dumber than I thought. They clearly don't need to install 68k seats still.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Haven't tried to play it. It is just sitting on my counter lol.
I love that the article discusses expansion in the year that the stadium hosts the Super Bowl in 2016 -- expansion that will close the gaps the stadium currently has. That would amplify the noise like crazy I assume.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love that the article discusses expansion in the year that the stadium hosts the Super Bowl in 2016 -- expansion that will close the gaps the stadium currently has. That would amplify the noise like crazy I assume.

Yes. We were talking before how we would like to see some blockage of those open areas with some mechanical fans or something. Kind of like a lotus flower.

The expansion for the super bowl would be temporary from what I read. Seats on the concourse. This is the same area where they would have standing room seating like they do at the cowboys stadium, but won't be considered till they see how things go after year one.

The open areas can be also filled with an additional suites numbering 30-40. Everything will depend on, though they didn't say it, on demand and need, (the waiting list I would imagine, etc.

Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy

He writes for a newspaper, and of course this makes him an acoustics expert. OK.

Did you used to take care of elephants? Because you are an expert at shoveling crap around.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy

He writes for a newspaper, and of course this makes him an acoustics expert. OK.

Did you used to take care of elephants? Because you are an expert at shoveling crap around.

Barrows wrote a similar piece a few months ago and like this one, I felt it lacked insight and source. Maiocco's article (which pertains to a similar subject, Levi's acoustics, noise factor) is much more factual, insightful, and includes more substance.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Seattle's stadium wasn't that loud in the playoffs because they couldn't pump in the noise like they do normally. Someone must have been watching for it, the dB meter got nowhere near the 137 mark.

I thought it was because there were alot of 9er fans....more so than our other regular season games.

Originally posted by WildBill:

The expansion for the super bowl would be temporary from what I read. Seats on the concourse. This is the same area where they would have standing room seating like they do at the cowboys stadium, but won't be considered till they see how things go after year one.

The open areas can be also filled with an additional suites numbering 30-40. Everything will depend on, though they didn't say it, on demand and need, (the waiting list I would imagine, etc.

Well from what I read, when they were asked about consideration for the expansion being permanent, the answer was "yes." Either way, I hope they do whatever needs to be done to give the team the best competitive home-field advantage.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Damn you dumber than I thought. They clearly don't need to install 68k seats still.

This is what was in the article, just pointing out something funny. Still butt hurt I see. It will be ok comrade, you will live to fight another day.
Share 49ersWebzone