There are 180 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
I've been saying "the 49er's new stadium". It gets easier the more you say it, but is very clunky.
Originally posted by thl408:
I've been saying "the 49er's new stadium". It gets easier the more you say it, but is very clunky.

...which is why I've started just saying Levi's. Sounds weird now but everyone will get used to it and we won't think twice about it. If someone says they are going to catch a game at AT&T, peeps don't get confused and think they are going to buy a phone.

Just takes time to adjust.

Its kinda like kids. When you try to pick out a name you worry if it will sound right or wonder if its a good name or whatever. After a few years, you can't imagine what it would be like if those kids had any other name.

It's not like Candlestick Park didn't sound odd when it was built.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 13, 2014 at 12:37 PM ]
it should've been levi's field instead of stadium IMO it sounds better
Originally posted by lucky_49:

I thought about that too....

...but my guess all along is that they may be keeping the "Field" moniker open in order to name the actual playing surface....IE, "Bill Walsh Field at Levis Stadium".
Originally posted by lucky_49:

It shouldve been Levi Strauss Field. Levi's Stadium just sounds like it belongs to a guy named Levi..
Originally posted by Niners99:
It shouldve been Levi Strauss Field. Levi's Stadium just sounds like it belongs to a guy named Levi..

all i know is levis stadium is a lot better than 3com park or monster park
Levi's has grown on me...and when they don't fit anymore I just buy a new pair!
Originally posted by crabman82:

It was never called that. Always was and always will be Candlestick park.
Not saying I like any of these names, but I can imagine someone using one of several nicknames for the field:

"Field of Jeans" (mentioned a bunch already)
"The Zipper"
"Pants Park"

I'm good with just "Levi's" ...

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:

It was never called that. Always was and always will be Candlestick park.

i hear ya, but sadly it was.
Team president Paraag Marathe said during a media tour on Wednesday that crowd noise was a factor when designing Levi’s Stadium. An NFL-high 45,000 seats are located in the lower bowl with the first row of seats approximately 10 feet off the playing surface.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/levis-stadium-expected-be-louder-candlestick

That's the kind of stuff I like to hear. The only thing left is to close up the gaps on gamedays and it's perfect.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Team president Paraag Marathe said during a media tour on Wednesday that crowd noise was a factor when designing Levi’s Stadium. An NFL-high 45,000 seats are located in the lower bowl with the first row of seats approximately 10 feet off the playing surface.

That's the kind of stuff I like to hear. The only thing left is to close up the gaps on gamedays and it's perfect.

we need those gaps..or everybody's head will explode
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

to bad all that noise gonna escape do to the "openness"
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

to bad all that noise gonna escape do to the "openness"

C-Link, which is supposedly the loudest stadium in the league, has a giant opening on one side, which is just as big as our two openings. Yet dome stadiums, which are 100% closed in, can't match their noise level. Hmm...
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone