There are 169 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Just wondering, why aren't domes louder than clink? They have no noise escaping at all right?

Good question. No secret Seattle has a beast sound and speaker system. But it really is interesting that two of the loudest stadiums in the league are open air outdoor stadiums (Link, Arrowhead). Superdome in NOLA is the only dome stadium that comes close.
cuz the other dome teams all pretty much suck except for the saints

also, even when seattle played in the thunder dome it was considered one of the loudest fan bases
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Just wondering, why aren't domes louder than clink? They have no noise escaping at all right?

Good question. No secret Seattle has a beast sound and speaker system. But it really is interesting that two of the loudest stadiums in the league are open air outdoor stadiums (Link, Arrowhead). Superdome in NOLA is the only dome stadium that comes close.

I found it interesting that in the two playoff games in Seattle whenever they showed the decibal level for noise it was around 110-113, they never mentioned or showed it being louder than that. You can make the case that a lot inner fans were there for nfccg which could've neutralized the noise but I doubt saints fans outnumbered and travelled better for their game. And the noise level was around the same as Niners game.

But in the regular season clink made it over 130 numerous times.

Interesting that in playoffs it was no way near loud as it was during regular season. Even announcers expressed this observation...am I missing something?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

I found it interesting that in the two playoff games in Seattle whenever they showed the decibal level for noise it was around 110-113, they never mentioned or showed it being louder than that. You can make the case that a lot inner fans were there for nfccg which could've neutralized the noise but I doubt saints fans outnumbered and travelled better for their game. And the noise level was around the same as Niners game.

But in the regular season clink made it over 130 numerous times.

Interesting that in playoffs it was no way near loud as it was during regular season. Even announcers expressed this observation...am I missing something?

130 was marketing by the team to bring more fans in to be louder etc...its a gimmick and its working great
joe staley should start the joe show again and show us around the new stadium

How does a trombone get so loud? It's "open" on one side right? But it blurts out a sound that is louder than what you put in because of the way the waves resonate.

Sound in a dome resonates all over the place. Even at C-Link, the domes are on the top, pushing the sound down, but nobody is screaming straight up, so it creates more of a deeper bass sound.

At Levi's, we will have a giant wall, that will direct the sound DIRECTLY onto the field. The wall is made of hard material and it will deflect higher frequencies because of that. I think it might even "sound" louder than C-Link because of the higher frequencies.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

How does a trombone get so loud? It's "open" on one side right? But it blurts out a sound that is louder than what you put in because of the way the waves resonate.

Sound in a dome resonates all over the place. Even at C-Link, the domes are on the top, pushing the sound down, but nobody is screaming straight up, so it creates more of a deeper bass sound.

At Levi's, we will have a giant wall, that will direct the sound DIRECTLY onto the field. The wall is made of hard material and it will deflect higher frequencies because of that. I think it might even "sound" louder than C-Link because of the higher frequencies.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

idk bout all that lol

thats some wishful thinking
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I have been researching the other top 5-10 loudest stadiums in the NFL and their design, and trying to compare ours to theirs. So far, I have found at least somewhat reason to believe our design should give us a very loud stadium. The part about the large lower bowl is true. It will help.

If you look at stadiums like Carolina's, or New York's MetLife, they have a large amount of upper (triple) deck seating which pushes fans further from the field. Our design does not do that. It has very little triple deck seating. (Seattle's field from what I can tell doesn't have ANY triple deck seating. It's all packed into two decks.)

The only thing that I wonder about with our stadium are the two gaps on the side, and my question is whether that will let significant noise escape. I want a ridiculously loud stadium by design. I want our rivals to hate playing there.

One thing's for sure, it should certainly by design by louder than this:

Two staples of building a louder stadium is bringing the fans closer to the field and dome and/or reflective surfaces/towers. Centurylink incorporates both very well, creating a very intimate atmosphere for the fans and those large canopies above the seats keeps the noise on the field which galvanizes an already great defense.

Stadiums like Metlife and BOA wouldn't be able to come close to Centurylink, even with larger capacity; they're design is akin to a large, open cereal bowl; the multiple levels of suites, press box, and club areas separates the lower bowl from the upper decks. The upper decks are like miles away from the field and naturally, all that noise is going swoosh, right into the air.

I like how Levi's gets away from that; by placing the press box and luxury suites on one side, it allows everyone to be closer to the field, the action, a larger lower bowl and gives most a good view. The upper decks are like right on top of the field so there's an intimidating factor there for opposing teams. Also, since Levi's is right in the middle of a neighborhood and next to various companies, Jack Hill mentioned how the tower is built to contain much of the noise so that helps.
http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/2013/10/02/video-a-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-the-49ers-new-stadium/

Interestingly, those two gaps are still open though (wish they'd close them during games).

All in all; it should be a pretty loud venue. Probably not as loud as Seattle (let's face it, that place was built to be loud to the max degree), but still pretty defeaning and rocking especially during the playoffs and when Seattle comes to town for their yearly visit.

I have to believe it wouldn't be all that hard to close them up on game days. If they don't, perhaps a push for it from the fans might make a difference?
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers aren't expected to play first regular-season game at Levi's Stadium until Week 2. Will likely be Sunday night game.

Originally posted by lucky_49:
#49ers aren't expected to play first regular-season game at Levi's Stadium until Week 2. Will likely be Sunday night game.

Primetime b***hes.
Originally posted by lucky_49:

Is it week two yet?

This is awesome, our first two NFL games will be on NBC, damn it feels good to be an elite franchise again.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/18-Things-We-Learned-about-Levis%C2%AE-Stadium/3fcd4958-3631-461c-a6ca-46c0f6152c8a
BUILT TO CONTAIN THE SOUND BABY!
Share 49ersWebzone