LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reign wants my seats .. section 315 b***hes.
Originally posted by tjace:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

The home sideline is the one with the Suite Tower. The entrance to the field and the home locker room is on the opposite side so that the players run all the way across the field when doing player intros.

Nah look at about 1:15. When the 9ers are supposed to come out to the field, they're looking at the tower meaning they're on the other side. Unless we could make a real * move and enter the field right through the Away sideline.
The suite side in the 9ers side (West).

Locker rooms are the away side (East)
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

The home sideline is the one with the Suite Tower. The entrance to the field and the home locker room is on the opposite side so that the players run all the way across the field when doing player intros.

Nah look at about 1:15. When the 9ers are supposed to come out to the field, they're looking at the tower meaning they're on the other side. Unless we could make a real * move and enter the field right through the Away sideline.

They enter through the away sideline. The inflatable helmet gets set up at that entrance and they run across the field to the Suite Tower side.

The visitor locker room is on the Suite Side so they enter the field from there...

IE, the locker rooms are located on the oposite side as their sidelines.

This was confirmed to me by my tour guide when I took the stadium tour.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Reign wants my seats .. section 315 b***hes.

Meh 4k is about as much as they worth. I will just wait a bit until they drop. I suspect I will eventually just buy into club seats though.

And you see the teams on the field. The 49ers are on the west sideline under the shade of the Suite Tower. Smart. The opposing team is on the east sideline baking in the sun as the sun dips west after halftime. Jim Harbaugh specifically requested the west side for his team, told the architects what he wanted even though they put the 49ers' locker room under the east stands.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130830/sports/130839979#page=0
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How impossible will it be to snag tickets to a game next year?

There was a few on ebay. I manged to get tickets to three games from a reputable seller (KC, PHI, WAS). Pretty hyped! At a decent price too, since we dont know all the extra charge fees that there gonna add on..Cant wait till the schedule comes out...
[ Edited by awol36 on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Come on Brian.....Is my sarcasm meter broken? Since it seems to be I'm going to address this.....

1. Stadium not too loud, proof that it only has people on one side.
Since I live in Utah I've had the pleasure of attending games at Rice-Eccles Stadium, a stadium with one large suite tower along the western sideline(field runs directly north and south). Stadium is a bowl design with the 3 level tower above the western seats. Stadium only seats 45,000 and it is deafening on 3rd down even with the southern end of the stadium being almost entirely open due to a detached section left over from the original stadium.

I'm sure there are many other more viable examples but if Levi's is anything like RES and you add 30,000 more seats, trust me it is going to be incredibly loud.

Stadium very dull and boring, proof is the rich people in the big box.
Sarcasm meter is okay I think because what stadium doesn't have rich people in boxes?

Stadium hard to get to, proof that it not in San Francisco.
Get over it. it's less than 40 miles away, I drive 20 to RES for Utes games. If it is really a hassle make a weekend out of the bigger games and spend Saturday night in SC and then drive home after the game on Sunday.

Stadium ugly, proof that you can see the metal beams.
This one just makes me lol

That's great info. And yes, your sarcasm meter is totally non-functional.

Time is running out.

A countdown clock ticking down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until July 11 sits on a desk right as you enter the portable offices of Levi's® Stadium design-builder Turner Devcon; you can even see the not-so-subtle hint through the window.

Wait... why July 11?

The 49ers new yard will have its ribbon-cutting ceremony this summer, but it doesn't host its first sporting event until Aug. 2, when MLS' San Jose Earthquakes welcome the rival Seattle Sounders FC to town.

"This is the equivalent of setting your alarm clock 10 minutes fast," 49ers project executive Jack Hill said. "They did this to stress a sense of urgency."

PHOTO GALLERY: Stadium Progress

Hill, a veteran of NFL, NBA and MLB stadium constructions, said the use of a countdown clock is standard practice.

"Some crews don't like them because of the constant pressure," Hill said. "I was on an arena project one time and snuck it into the contractors' conference room late one night. It got a lot of comments, but we left it up.

"Personally, I like the reminder."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Levis%C2%AE-Stadium-Builders-Eye-Countdown-Clock/bdccb2b1-780e-4b3d-8286-bf488874b545
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 154 more days
Soooo.... rough timeline:

July 11 : deadline for completion/ribbon-cutting ceremony

late-July : 49ers Fan Fest? / tciket package giveaway to STH

Aug 2 : "soft opening" exhibition game between SJ Quakes and sounders (see how a 2/3rds capacity crowd is handled by the amenities, i.e. concessions, vendors, restroom & plumbing, etc)

mid-late Aug? : 1st 49ers exhibition game, kinks seen from soccer match are hopefully remedied...rough idea of how gameday traffic/parking will be

Sept: inaugural game

Also, until the end of Oct, Great America theme park next door is still open, so gotta see how th combo of weekend crowds and gameday traffic/parking will be

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Soooo.... rough

Also, until the end of Oct, Great America theme park next door is still open, so gotta see how th combo of weekend crowds and gameday traffic/parking will be

Great America will be shut down on game days. Besides, nobody goes there anymore like they used to. This will be a nonissue. lol
oh ok gotcha...

...think the team/NFL will pay the owners of GA to hire temps and open it out of season when SB 50 goes down in 2 years? for the 2 week lead-upto the game, for the out-of-towners i mean....dunno if dallas did the same with the 6 flags next to jerry-world for SB45, but then again they had weather issues (among others) IIRC, so prob not
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Great America will be shut down on game days. Besides, nobody goes there anymore like they used to. This will be a nonissue. lol

havent been to GA since they got rid of stealth, best ride ever, friggin idiots
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

havent been to GA since they got rid of stealth, best ride ever, friggin idiots

stealth is at sunsplash

at GA they have a new ride called the golden bullet or the silver bullet or something like that and it's awesome
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

That looks f**kin' awesome! Can't wait for this!!!

Whoa, they're using Bermuda grass? -That's the EXACT sod they use at University of Phoenix Stadium. Sounds good, we're gonna be playing on familiar turf in the Superbowl that means.
Share 49ersWebzone