LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 338 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol you can even see the Nationals logos on the signs. Come on man...

I promise I didn't fall for that.
Wow! Its hard to believe that in under 7 months this stadium is going to be filled up with fans ready for the start of a great new season of 49ers football with huge expectations and high hopes.

It seems to me that with the 49ers players and coaches stepping onto the brand new pristine field, they may get the feeling that the stakes of championship football may be raised just a little bit more within the organization. I sure hope so.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Feb 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Just so we can get the focus back on what OUR stadium looks like....

Now for a proper comparison (after not looking at that other pick close enough):

This one is probably closer. :)

• VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Just so we can get the focus back on what OUR stadium looks like....

Now for a proper comparison (after not looking at that other pick close enough):

This one is probably closer. :)

Beer stops at every aisle? NICE!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.Jed York, the 49ers CEO and stadium overseer, agrees the net effect should be a cacophony of howling."It should be louder than Candlestick, for the reasons you point out," York said. "I don't know how loud it will get, though."http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

Who cares about what experts in the industry think?

Haven't you seen the Kaepernick thread?

I'm certain Jed thought about noise at some point during the planning for construction, with all the success Seattle has had
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM ]
Stadium not too loud, proof that it only has people on one side.

Stadium very dull and boring, proof is the rich people in the big box.

Stadium hard to get to, proof that it not in San Francisco.

Stadium ugly, proof that you can see the metal beams.

And on, and on, and on...
Originally posted by VDSF:
Beer stops at every aisle? NICE!

Didnt even notice that.. very nice.. facing the field too.. The open concourses is a awesome idea ...
Can't believe people are still hating even though we are about to get a brand new state of the art Stadium. Probably the same fans that think Seattle will repeat next year.
Did he say Walk in Beer FRIDGE?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIutgtzwhAc

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I took a tour of the stadium a couple of months ago. The problem is, the side of the stadium with the seats will be really loud. Unfortunately, the side of the stadium with the tower of luxury boxes is closed in, which will make it quiet. So one side of the field will be loud, the other not so much.
What do you mean "closed in"?

Unlike other stadiums, our luxury boxes will reflect the noise. Aren't all luxury boxes "closed in" by windows? Isn't that normal?

I think he means is that not a lot of noise will actually be generated from the "closed in" west side/luxury suites (obviously, that's where all the corp folks will be seated) but as you said, the design of the structure to reflect noise back onto the field makes up for that.

But that still doesn't make any sense. Is the point that there are MORE "closed in" luxury suites than normal? Or that these particular luxury suites will be QUIETER than normal for some reason?

Well, that's what I interpreted he was saying. I guess you'd have to ask him. From my experience, never seen suites that weren't "closed in" to some degree so I'm not sure why the distinction was made. Not sure that it's relevant either considering the flat glass surfaces of the tower is supposedly designed to enhance noise and reflect it back onto the field.
How impossible will it be to snag tickets to a game next year?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How impossible will it be to snag tickets to a game next year?

Will be real easy I would imagine. Lots of people expecting to make back some SBL money by selling. So there should be a lot on StubHub.
Share 49ersWebzone