There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I think that if everyone is expecting Levis Stadium to have any sound trapping / amplification properties, they are fooling themselves. While the glass on one side can reflect the sound, the large open sections of the stadium will allow a lot of sound to escape. In CenturyLink Stadium, the large overhanging traps re-direct the sound back toward the field. There are no such sources of reflection in Levis Stadium. No doubt, Levis can get loud. But it will not have the same kind of effect on the playing field as CenturyLink.

Sound is not going to flow out those sides. Does no quite work that way. Clink has large hole in the endzone.

I want people to think about a canyon, they dont need eaves and generally wide open on the sides yet still echo the sound and that's where sound amplification is achieved.

Are we getting clink? No. are we getting arrowhead? No are we getting louder? Yes , probably considerably louder and I'm guessing upper echaleon of stadiums.

Candlestick was able to get loud enough to make it a little difficult for Russell Wilson in our second meeting from what I heard and read after the game...now just imagine the fans and a wall closer to the field ....we are not trying to break records here...but it will definitely be louder

I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I think that if everyone is expecting Levis Stadium to have any sound trapping / amplification properties, they are fooling themselves. While the glass on one side can reflect the sound, the large open sections of the stadium will allow a lot of sound to escape. In CenturyLink Stadium, the large overhanging traps re-direct the sound back toward the field. There are no such sources of reflection in Levis Stadium. No doubt, Levis can get loud. But it will not have the same kind of effect on the playing field as CenturyLink.

Sound is not going to flow out those sides. Does no quite work that way. Clink has large hole in the endzone.

I want people to think about a canyon, they dont need eaves and generally wide open on the sides yet still echo the sound and that's where sound amplification is achieved.

Are we getting clink? No. are we getting arrowhead? No are we getting louder? Yes , probably considerably louder and I'm guessing upper echaleon of stadiums.

Candlestick was able to get loud enough to make it a little difficult for Russell Wilson in our second meeting from what I heard and read after the game...now just imagine the fans and a wall closer to the field ....we are not trying to break records here...but it will definitely be louder

I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.

I can't remember seeing anything saying it will be louder then clink...but we don't need to be that loud?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM ]
troll must be one of those dumpster diving losers in HP sad to lose the cans and bottles, his sole source of income, from the Stick
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
troll must be one of those dumpster diving losers in HP sad to lose the cans and bottles, his sole source of income, from the Stick

Haha so true :crying:
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,331
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

The #49ers will partner with Comcast & NBC Universal to deliver an unmatched fan experience at #LevisStadium. http://49rs.me/1aOyc4K
Originally posted by Jcool:
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

The #49ers will partner with Comcast & NBC Universal to deliver an unmatched fan experience at #LevisStadium. http://49rs.me/1aOyc4K

So the internet is going to be free for the first half then goes to $59.99 for the remainder of the game.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.

Link isn't even that loud when they don't pump in sound. Look at NFCCG. Barely broke 110 decibels. Announcers were even noting it wasn't as deafening as it usual is. NFL must have caught them and told them to not pipe in sound anymore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,932
Can't wait until it opens. 6 more months.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Jcool:
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

The #49ers will partner with Comcast & NBC Universal to deliver an unmatched fan experience at #LevisStadium. http://49rs.me/1aOyc4K

So the internet is going to be free for the first half then goes to $59.99 for the remainder of the game.


I really hate Comcast, but I watch CSN Bay Area all the time.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.

Link isn't even that loud when they don't pump in sound. Look at NFCCG. Barely broke 110 decibels. Announcers were even noting it wasn't as deafening as it usual is. NFL must have caught them and told them to not pipe in sound anymore.

Yeah I noticed it wasn't as loud during their divisional game vs NOLA either. I assumed it would get crazier in there since it's the playoffs but you're probably right, the NFL probably barred them from pumping noise during their playoff games.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.

Link isn't even that loud when they don't pump in sound. Look at NFCCG. Barely broke 110 decibels. Announcers were even noting it wasn't as deafening as it usual is. NFL must have caught them and told them to not pipe in sound anymore.

Yeah I noticed it wasn't as loud during their divisional game vs NOLA either. I assumed it would get crazier in there since it's the playoffs but you're probably right, the NFL probably barred them from pumping noise during their playoff games.

I never saw the decibel meter go over 108. Probably partially due to NFL telling them to stop pumping sound in, but there were also a good number of 49ers fans in the stadium that night, too. Makes a difference, methinks.

As far as how loud Levi's will be .... let's just wait and see. Let the CLink have their artificial "record". The 49ers don't need that kind of crap.
[ Edited by Beeker on Jan 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:
I never saw the decibel meter go over 108. Probably partially due to NFL telling them to stop pumping sound in, but there were also a good number of 49ers fans in the stadium that night, too. Makes a difference, methinks.

As far as how loud Levi's will be .... let's just wait and see. Let the CLink have their artificial "record". The 49ers don't need that kind of crap.

Levi's gonna be quiet. Rich dudes are just gonna be sitting in the Clubs anyways or Michael Mina's.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Beeker:
I never saw the decibel meter go over 108. Probably partially due to NFL telling them to stop pumping sound in, but there were also a good number of 49ers fans in the stadium that night, too. Makes a difference, methinks.

As far as how loud Levi's will be .... let's just wait and see. Let the CLink have their artificial "record". The 49ers don't need that kind of crap.

Levi's gonna be quiet. Rich dudes are just gonna be sitting in the Clubs anyways or Michael Mina's.

You may be right, Reign. I'm willing to wait and see.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Beeker:
I never saw the decibel meter go over 108. Probably partially due to NFL telling them to stop pumping sound in, but there were also a good number of 49ers fans in the stadium that night, too. Makes a difference, methinks.

As far as how loud Levi's will be .... let's just wait and see. Let the CLink have their artificial "record". The 49ers don't need that kind of crap.

Levi's gonna be quiet. Rich dudes are just gonna be sitting in the Clubs anyways or Michael Mina's.

Get the sand out of your vagina already ... geez.
After the first few games, they'll nickname it, "earbleed" stadium.