LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After the first few games, they'll nickname it, "earbleed" stadium.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I don't doubt it will be louder. But I've seen articles that try to hype up the new stadium as if it could be louder than Century Link. I don't want people to get their hopes up.

Link isn't even that loud when they don't pump in sound. Look at NFCCG. Barely broke 110 decibels. Announcers were even noting it wasn't as deafening as it usual is. NFL must have caught them and told them to not pipe in sound anymore.

We also got a 10-0 lead early and didn't trail until 4th qtr so that helped. Pretty sure the loudest point was Lynch's 40-yd TD. As for Levi's I think crowd noise will naturally be louder on the field because everyone will be closer proximity overall with its design, at least moderately closer than Candlestick.
  • slip
  • Veteran
The other day I watched Dirty Harry (1971) and saw the 9ers old home ground. I think its since been demolished.
Anyone have an idea of what single game ticket prices are looking like?
Originally posted by BimmerKing:

Whatever people like myself want to sell them for. Currently I am thinking 500 per ticket.
Originally posted by slip:
The other day I watched Dirty Harry (1971) and saw the 9ers old home ground. I think its since been demolished.

Yes, Kezar was demolished

Will all depend on how the team plays IMO. The first game should be real expensive and so will the first few. There are a bunch of people who paid a lot for SBL's that think they are going to be able to sell their tix for tons of money. But if the team has an off year I doubt the demand will be there to support the prices. Market always dictates. I mean look at last year even, we had that little down turn and Houston for SNF was the cheapest ticket of the year. Then we started looking better and ticket prices jumped at the end of the year.

Whatever people like myself want to sell them for. Currently I am thinking 500 per ticket.

This.

Depends on the game.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Will all depend on how the team plays IMO. The first game should be real expensive and so will the first few. There are a bunch of people who paid a lot for SBL's that think they are going to be able to sell their tix for tons of money. But if the team has an off year I doubt the demand will be there to support the prices. Market always dictates. I mean look at last year even, we had that little down turn and Houston for SNF was the cheapest ticket of the year. Then we started looking better and ticket prices jumped at the end of the year.

Agree except for how much has to do with the teams record. The new stadium is a new ballgame. If they suck for a sustained amount of time then I can see those tix dropping but this will be "THE" new place to be. The example you are talking about is a 50 year old stadium that sucked the day it opened.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Agree except for how much has to do with the teams record. The new stadium is a new ballgame. If they suck for a sustained amount of time then I can see those tix dropping but this will be "THE" new place to be. The example you are talking about is a 50 year old stadium that sucked the day it opened.

LOL 49er fans are the most fair weather fans of all. If we start 0-8 even the new stadium won't be enough to draw them in.

LOL 49er fans are the most fair weather fans of all. If we start 0-8 even the new stadium won't be enough to draw them in.

Well, if we go 0-8 then you might have a point, but I highly doubt that will happen. Many tix will probably be resold before the season even starts though.

As for most fairweather, I'd politely disagree. The Niners haven't been blacked out since the 70's and thats with Season Tix holders who DID NOT pay for an SBL. The same can't be said for teams all over the country and in particular the team across the bay.

"Whats yer deal?". Why are you always so down on the stadium all the time?
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM ]

Not sure about this much, but whatever price the second hand market dictates. The cheapest face value of tickets in the new stadium is $85.00 each, so I imagine that will be your starting point. There is a ton of new season ticket holders who have zero clue about re-selling tickets and will price them too low initially. Also, just because the face of all the tickets went up doesn't mean that the second hand market will go up a proportionate amount. My ticket prices doubled, but I doubt the the second hand market prices will double.
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Jan 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Not sure about this much, but whatever price the second hand market dictates. The cheapest face value of tickets in the new stadium is $85.00 each, so I imagine that will be your starting point. There is a ton of new season ticket holders who have zero clue about re-selling tickets and will price them too low initially. Also, just because the face of all the tickets went up doesn't mean that the second hand market will go up a proportionate amount. My ticket prices doubled, but I doubt the the second hand market prices will double.

I think there will be a huge demand though...especially early on. In my section I'm right next to a Club section with a base price of $325 per ticket. My base is $125. My hope is peeps see the drop in $$$ just one section over will help sell them when I need to.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Selling for $85 would be selling at a loss. You have to account for that $2000 SBL somehow.
Well, if we go 0-8 then you might have a point, but I highly doubt that will happen. Many tix will probably be resold before the season even starts though.

As for most fairweather, I'd politely disagree. The Niners haven't been blacked out since the 70's and thats with Season Tix holders who DID NOT pay for an SBL. The same can't be said for teams all over the country and in particular the team across the bay.

"Whats yer deal?". Why are you always so down on the stadium all the time?

I'm not down on the stadium. I'm stoked. Can't wait to go to a ton of games there and go see my brick on opening day.

I'm just realistic that is all. We have some of the worst fans. They have no idea when to cheer (cheer loud on offense) and in general just don't know anything about football or the team. Then when we sucked we gained a bunch of gang banger fans which just made game days dangerous. And now they took every lower bowl seat between the 20's in the house and gave them to a bunch of early FB/Google people who will know even less about football, probably not even come to the games or give them away to friends/clients and people expect this place to be loud? I have my doubts about that.
Share 49ersWebzone