There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
i wouldnt say it was designed to trap noise. It was designed to be more of a college atmosphere with the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
That tower wasn't built to trap noise lol. It was designed to make rich people comfortable. The glass is angled up.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.

My point still stands. It most likely wasnt designed with "lets make this b***h loud as f**k!" as the number one design criteria. The niners were going for a great experience, so they looked at other venues and decided having a large ass lower bowl would be best. The obvious benefit to thiss is tmost of the crowd is closer to the field which will make the venue louder than candlestick.

Edit: now that I think about, they did design it with the intention to be loud as an underlying criteria. Let's make these jeans loud!

i think itll be pretty damn loud for three reasons. one: the lower bowl is huge and will be closer to the field. two: that big ass glass wall will reflect noise like crazy and amplify everything and three: the team playing in the stadium is the best in the league so fans should be jacked up about that. if they can be as loud as they were at the final candlestick game all year long our homefield advantage will be insane

Glass wall won't reflect down.
i wouldnt say it was designed to trap noise. It was designed to be more of a college atmosphere with the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

That tower wasn't built to trap noise lol. It was designed to make rich people comfortable. The glass is angled up.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.

My point still stands. It most likely wasnt designed with "lets make this b***h loud as f**k!" as the number one design criteria. The niners were going for a great experience, so they looked at other venues and decided having a large ass lower bowl would be best. The obvious benefit to thiss is tmost of the crowd is closer to the field which will make the venue louder than candlestick.

Edit: now that I think about, they did design it with the intention to be loud as an underlying criteria. Let's make these jeans loud!

i think itll be pretty damn loud for three reasons. one: the lower bowl is huge and will be closer to the field. two: that big ass glass wall will reflect noise like crazy and amplify everything and three: the team playing in the stadium is the best in the league so fans should be jacked up about that. if they can be as loud as they were at the final candlestick game all year long our homefield advantage will be insane

It will reflect in all directions
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Right, It would have been cool if the suite tower angled out from bottom to top reflecting more noise towards the field. But from what I can tell it doesn't and I ain't mad.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by Beeker:

beeker laughing at a beaker

It wont have to. The vast majority of the crowd noise will be coming from the side opposite the tower. The sound passes across the field, bounces off the wall, and straight back where it came from.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
It wont have to. The vast majority of the crowd noise will be coming from the side opposite the tower. The sound passes across the field, bounces off the wall, and straight back where it came from.

Gonna bounce up. And those rich pricks aren't gonna make any noise. Only noise will come from the endzones. And where will that bounce off of?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

beeker laughing at a beaker

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

That's Russell Wilson dropping back to pass in our new stadium.

A slight angle unseen to the eye can be enough to direct the sound any way you want
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I believe I see Marvin's seats are installed

I will go to this stadium.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

A slight angle unseen to the eye can be enough to direct the sound any way you want

Well if you shine a laser at a large angle towards a wall you can still see the laser dot. The only way you can see something is if light scatters to your eye. Thus, even at a 179 degree angle light is reflecting off the wall and straight back at you. To expand on that, if you were to stand underneath the glass wall and yell at it or shine a laser at it some light and sound would reflect directly back to you.

In conclusion, we have to ask ourselves what will reflect sound the best. A large wall made of glass and steel or a bunch of patrons and seats that make a myriad of angles. The fact that we have a 12 story building instead of a ton of seats, people, and clothing will mean that a lot of the sound is reflected rather than absorbed and thus a portion of that will all be sent to the field no matter its origin. Its partly a question of reflection and partly a question of absorption, and that big ass building will not be absorbing a lot of the sound.

The other part that is of significance is the upper bowl, which mostly likely sits 30 to 40 feet closer to ground level, this means the upper bowl will be a larger contribute to the field level sound. Also, it's safe to assume that most of their sound made that gets reflected off the glass wall will be angled towards the field. It will be of some significance.

It's a trip that those in Santa Clara approved this, in the midst of Santa Clara municipal funds being incorrectly used and San Francisco residents stomping to keep the stadium local. Here's a bit of an updated pic from us in San Fran for ya.

Went along the Santa Clara junk of a stadium the other day, and it looks like a hollow sided pile of cement. All the structures around look half-developed and put together like a bunch slabs! You have a view of absolute garbage for miles. I was in the area for a while a couple months ago, there's nothing there.

Mercado Center is GARBAGE.
Stores on Old Mountain View-Alviso Rd. are GARBAGE.
Stores on Agnew Rd. are GARBAGE

Go Niners!
Originally posted by 49erSonicXL:

It's a trip that those in Santa Clara approved this, in the midst of Santa Clara municipal funds being incorrectly used and San Francisco residents stomping to keep the stadium local. Here's a bit of an updated pic from us in San Fran for ya.

Went along the Santa Clara junk of a stadium the other day, and it looks like a hollow sided pile of cement. All the structures around look half-developed and put together like a bunch slabs! You have a view of absolute garbage for miles. I was in the area for a while a couple months ago, there's nothing there.

Mercado Center is GARBAGE.
Stores on Old Mountain View-Alviso Rd. are GARBAGE.
Stores on Agnew Rd. are GARBAGE

Go Niners!

haha sucks for you!!!! :)