Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
For those of you still wondering about the loudness of Levi's Stadium, this piece should answer all your nagging questions:

The biggest revelation, however, will occur at kickoff time: Even though Levi's Stadium will have about 1,000 fewer seats than Candlestick, it will be much louder. During a construction tour earlier this year, project co-director Robert Rayborn pointed out something to me that I had not even considered.

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why, as we stood in the lower bowl. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower--essentially, a large 12-story building--on the west side of the field. That means two things:

One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower.

And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground--because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes on that side of the field.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramifaction is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower on the west side of the stadium, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.

Rest of the article: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

I so hope this is true. I would love it to be just like any team going to Seattle, for them to come to our house.

A few of us already had that theory

Plus the new stadium will have the largest amount of lower bowl seats in the NFL. Usually the majority of seats are 2nd or 3rd deck, but our lower level, right on top of the field, will have the majority of the seating.

so we get a fancy cheater stadium like seattle? im down

This makes me happy
Good about time the seacawks get a taste of their own medicine.
Originally posted by 49erSonicXL:

On behalf of San Francisco fans, the Yorks are morons for failing at a local stadium.

Go Niners!

cause the new one is so far away

On behalf of San Francisco fans, the Yorks are morons for failing at a local stadium.

Go Niners!

Oh I thought that was the Yorks in a hot air balloon flipping YOU off.

Go Niners!

...and you thought you were going to get a buch of back slaps and high-fives.

That middle finger is Jed York giving it to the SF Board of Idiots, politicians, power brokers, and sports-hating members of the intelligentsia who fought the 49ers every step of the way when trying to get something done in SF, the same ones who said a new stadium for the Giants would never work, and who arrogantly thought there was no possible way the 49ers would ever leave their precious little utopia on the Bay.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Go Niners!

That middle finger is Jed York giving it to the SF Board of Idiots, politicians, power brokers, and sports-hating members of the intelligentsia who fought the 49ers every step of the way when trying to get something done in SF, the same ones who said a new stadium for the Giants would never work, and who arrogantly thought there was no possible way the 49ers would ever leave their precious little utopia on the Bay.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
For those of you still wondering about the loudness of Levi's Stadium, this piece should answer all your nagging questions:

The biggest revelation, however, will occur at kickoff time: Even though Levi's Stadium will have about 1,000 fewer seats than Candlestick, it will be much louder. During a construction tour earlier this year, project co-director Robert Rayborn pointed out something to me that I had not even considered.

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why, as we stood in the lower bowl. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower--essentially, a large 12-story building--on the west side of the field. That means two things:

One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower.

And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground--because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes on that side of the field.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramifaction is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower on the west side of the stadium, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.

Rest of the article: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

I so hope this is true. I would love it to be just like any team going to Seattle, for them to come to our house.

A few of us already had that theory

Plus the new stadium will have the largest amount of lower bowl seats in the NFL. Usually the majority of seats are 2nd or 3rd deck, but our lower level, right on top of the field, will have the majority of the seating.

so we get a fancy cheater stadium like seattle? im down

This makes me happy
Good about time the seacawks get a taste of their own medicine.

Good for you guys. Will this mean you'll stop accusing us of pumping in crowd noise?

Go Niners!

well then ......

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Go Niners!

Yea right… How is that Hunters Point project going that former mayor Newsom was trying to shove down our throats?
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 12, 2014 at 6:41 AM ]
Caption this...

I'll make them an offer they can't refuse... You're spilling it!
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by vermonator:
Caption this...

I'll make them an offer they can't refuse... You're spilling it!

The epitome of a power hungry ego maniac politician. It frightens me that he has set his sights on governor of California.

Go Niners!

Yeah, that's all on the Yorks for not building another mistake in that hell hole of a neighborhood.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Go Niners!

cause the new one is so far away

Thank you. Dude is acting like the new place is located in LA or something.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Good for you guys. Will this mean you'll stop accusing us of pumping in crowd noise?

No. Cause you do. Watching game yesterday only about 30% of your fans actually cheer. No different than any other stadium. Yet somehow it is a miracle that it is louder than most stadiums.
prepping for demolition....

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
prepping for demolition....

Its weird that its actually about to be gone.

Its sad that they couldnt have turned it into a bay area sports museum or something. It always seems like a crime when they tear down historic landmarks like this. I guess if they can tear down Yankee Stadium, no park is safe. Other than the Astrodome...
Share 49ersWebzone