LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
This new stadium layout looks like it came out of the playbook of Jimmy Raye.

No creativity, no imagination.

New stadium = 2 yd run up the middle

and punt

How can you say that? Most stadiums all the decks go all the way around, this one only the lower does. All the Suites and Clubhouse is one side. Thus making it unique and different-now if you mean you want a Star Wars theme park then yeah-but the fancier the plumbing the easier it is to clog and maintain. There are other things that I am sure while not visible on the outside will be evident to those who attend the games or the stadium.
Originally posted by WildBill:

How can you say that? Most stadiums all the decks go all the way around, this one only the lower does. All the Suites and Clubhouse is one side. Thus making it unique and different-now if you mean you want a Star Wars theme park then yeah-but the fancier the plumbing the easier it is to clog and maintain. There are other things that I am sure while not visible on the outside will be evident to those who attend the games or the stadium.

ultimately it going to be on the fans in attendance and the team to make the new stadium special, but having some sort of new trademark would be cool. maybe a 50 ft bronze sculpture of joe montana dropping back with a giant gold-plated football. at the other end of the stadium you could have a similar statue with bill walsh with his headset on reviewing notes from his gold-plated clipboard.

as long as there arent any tough shadows for ted ginn to drop punt or kick returns in, i think i could live with it. jk ginn.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Anyone else think Lucas Oil Stadium looks like warehouse?

More like a factory

I love the green tinted glass, though. I hope ours has some of that on it.

This is what it reminds me of.
Is that like a grass field at the top of one side?
Originally posted by Joecool:

I believe it's to do with some environmental cooling thing or something.

I read something vaguely about it.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I believe it's to do with some environmental cooling thing or something.

I read something vaguely about it.

-9fA

It's something that is very popular now-a-days. I believe it's called a green roof. The dirt and plants keep the building cooler, therefore requiring less energy to condition the place. They are also usually used as something like a mini park, where people can sit and stuff. A nice escape from the business environment usually going on below.
Originally posted by SportinWood:

and punt

Looking at the numbers compared to newer stadiums like Heinz, Linc, LP, Raymond James, Qwest, we stack up pretty well, if not better. We have a lot of suites and clubs compared to most of those I mentioned. The 9ers are really packing a lot into that 17 acres of land compared to 22+ acres, so to me I believe the seats are going to be closer and more closed in, which could make for better noise! Still think the overall design is pretty bland, but they will probably make up for it with all the new tech and innovations. I still believe they belong in SF, but I'm beginning to accept the SC plan, especially with LA looming.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Jun 18, 2010 at 10:04:43 ]
So..............any news?

I'm waiting for the day when I wake up, turn on the news, and see footage of York digging up some dirt or something to officially start construction.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Looking at the numbers compared to newer stadiums like Heinz, Linc, LP, Raymond James, Qwest, we stack up pretty well, if not better. We have a lot of suites and clubs compared to most of those I mentioned. The 9ers are really packing a lot into that 17 acres of land compared to 22+ acres, so to me I believe the seats are going to be closer and more closed in, which could make for better noise! Still think the overall design is pretty bland, but they will probably make up for it with all the new tech and innovations. I still believe they belong in SF, but I'm beginning to accept the SC plan, especially with LA looming.

Stadiums are like a box of Chocolates...oops wrong quote
Glitzy Stadiums like those in Dallas etc are like a trophy girlfriend or wife. Looks good on the outside but no substance, high maintenance, etc.

The niners stadium May (until done won't really know) turn out to be everything a fan actually wants and needs in stadium.

Glitzy Stadiums like those in Dallas etc are like a trophy girlfriend or wife. Looks good on the outside but no substance, high maintenance, etc.

The niners stadium May (until done won't really know) turn out to be everything a fan actually wants and needs in stadium.

But knowing the Yorks, they will lock up all the bottles of water.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

But knowing the Yorks, they will lock up all the bottles of water.

The Dolphins just installed a cool system in their stadium. They sent all the season ticket holders these PDA's to take to the game. While in the stadium you can use them to look over game stats, look up player profiles, watch replays of any play during the game, all sorts of cool stuff.

Can't wait!!

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 14, 2010 at 17:57:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone