Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
For those of you still wondering about the loudness of Levi's Stadium, this piece should answer all your nagging questions:

The biggest revelation, however, will occur at kickoff time: Even though Levi's Stadium will have about 1,000 fewer seats than Candlestick, it will be much louder. During a construction tour earlier this year, project co-director Robert Rayborn pointed out something to me that I had not even considered.

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why, as we stood in the lower bowl. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower--essentially, a large 12-story building--on the west side of the field. That means two things:

One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower.

And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground--because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes on that side of the field.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramifaction is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower on the west side of the stadium, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.

Rest of the article: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

I so hope this is true. I would love it to be just like any team going to Seattle, for them to come to our house.

A few of us already had that theory

Plus the new stadium will have the largest amount of lower bowl seats in the NFL. Usually the majority of seats are 2nd or 3rd deck, but our lower level, right on top of the field, will have the majority of the seating.

so we get a fancy cheater stadium like seattle? im down

What I would like to know is where is the visiting team going to be placed? From all intents and purpose it would be best to place them on the deck side while the niners are placed on the tower/luxury box side.

I think the tunnel to the 49ers locker room goes through a club like the one in Dallas, center field on the tower side.

No, IIRC, both teams will enter from the tunnel on the east side (visitors side).

Actually I read the 49ers locker room is on the east side and they'll enter and exit the field on the east but their sideline will be the west side.

The visiting locker room is on the west side as I recall.

That wouldn't make sense, with all the renderings of the players walking through the high priced sections as stated just above

They might enter from the east in the very beginning , then stay on the west side until the game is over ?

There are clubs and "high priced areas" on both sides of the field. The home locker room is on the east side. I'm sure of that. The 49ers inflatable helmet will be on the east side near the 50 and that's where the team will enter the field. They'll run out from there and stand on the west sideline.

I had already read this somewhere and it was confirmed when I was on the stadium tour.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
How hot does it get in Santa Clara in the fall?

The weather is as close to ideal as you could want in that area.

So, they'll be warm in the sun while we're freezing in the shade.

At no point is it sunny in the Bay Area and it's "freezing" in the shade. lol

Besides, that's how it's been at candlestick for the past 40 years.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
California freezes?

/idaho
Originally posted by BrianGO:
How hot does it get in Santa Clara in the fall?

The weather is as close to ideal as you could want in that area.

So, they'll be warm in the sun while we're freezing in the shade.

At no point is it sunny in the Bay Area and it's "freezing" in the shade. lol

Besides, that's how it's been at candlestick for the past 40 years.

Santa Clara may have the best weather in northern cali. I'm going to guess its in the high 70 most of September through November. San Diego north.
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
Santa Clara may have the best weather in northern cali. I'm going to guess its in the high 70 most of September through November. San Diego north.

lol Nothing in the Bay Area is _____ north. It's just how it is here.

San Jose is the Los Angeles of Anaheim
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Does anyone know if they just spread new grass seed and do the field that way or do they bring in those rolls of turf already pre-grown?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Does anyone know if they just spread new grass seed and do the field that way or do they bring in those rolls of turf already pre-grown?

Today, the 50-yard line is loaded with shipping containers, trucks and port-a-potties to support the 1,100 construction workers buzzing around the site. But the grass is already growing on a turf farm about 90 minutes away, and should be rolled out next March.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/super-bowl-50-will-be-smartest-stadium-nfl
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They just put up the Levi's Stadium sign up in front of the stadium. Looks good.
They just put up the Levi's Stadium sign up in front of the stadium. Looks good.

Gonna drive by tomorrow and check it out

Ah. Not really sure what you're talking about.

I said the same thing to myself when I saw you call Santa Clara "San Diego north". Santa Clara is nothing like San Diego.

I said the same thing to myself when I saw you call Santa Clara "San Diego north". Santa Clara is nothing like San Diego.

sigh.

San Diego is known for having perfect weather. IMO, Santa Clara has near perfect weather, hence the "San Diego North" reference. The analogy was to "perfect weather," not beach front property or exact weather type.

Why do you always come out of the woodwork to respond to my posts?

sigh.

San Diego is known for having perfect weather. IMO, Santa Clara has near perfect weather, hence the "San Diego North" reference. The analogy was to "perfect weather," not beach front property or exact weather type.

Why do you always come out of the woodwork to respond to my posts?

lol

Your post was at the top of Niner Talk and quoted me. Why would I not respond? lol And honestly, man. Other than this conversation, I can't say I've ever noticed your name before. Or even remember talking to you about anything.

And BTW, your comparison to San Diego is still ridiculous. The Bay Area is known for having perfect weather. There's no need to compare it to anything. lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Gonna drive by tomorrow and check it out

Lucky bum.
Share 49ersWebzone