There are 230 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I could have sworn when I signed the contract it said the SBL is for the life of the stadium. Not 30 years.

It wasn't clear so I called to ask and they told me its 30yrs and then after that if there are $300M in renovations then SBL null and void
Originally posted by iLL49er:
I could have sworn when I signed the contract it said the SBL is for the life of the stadium. Not 30 years.

It wasn't clear so I called to ask and they told me its 30yrs and then after that if there are $300M in renovations then SBL null and void

What do you mean by >300M then SBL is null and void? So at that point we wouldn't get first dibs on seats?
What do you mean by >300M then SBL is null and void? So at that point we wouldn't get first dibs on seats?

that is my understanding yes...i guess they'd do a new set of SBL's and rape us again
in exhibit C on page 7 under (i) here it is...

"Life of the Stadium" means for so long as the Stadium is used for Events/Games; provided that, if at some time following the thirtieth (30th) anniversary of the date of the first Event/Game, the Stadium undergoes a renovation or rebuilding that costs in excess of $300,000,000, then "Life of the Stadium" shall not include the period from and after such renovation.
in exhibit C on page 7 under (i) here it is...

"Life of the Stadium" means for so long as the Stadium is used for Events/Games; provided that, if at some time following the thirtieth (30th) anniversary of the date of the first Event/Game, the Stadium undergoes a renovation or rebuilding that costs in excess of $300,000,000, then "Life of the Stadium" shall not include the period from and after such renovation.

Hmmm. Was not aware of that.

You are probably right. If after 30 years they have to put 300+ million into it they would re-issue PSLs.

At that point I will be 65. Most likely I would then enjoy watching games on my couch more than going to the stadium (or I will be dead).
No biggy. Pretty standard. I'll be 72 at that point and I'm pretty sure they'll offer current season tix holders first dibs as they did this time around.

I paid 5K per seat, so $166 a year at most (that number drops if they don't renovate in year 31) doesn't seem like that bad a price.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No biggy. Pretty standard. I'll be 72 at that point and I'm pretty sure they'll offer current season tix holders first dibs as they did this time around.

I paid 5K per seat, so $166 a year at most (that number drops if they don't renovate in year 31) doesn't seem like that bad a price.

no its not, but what infuriated me was calling me and asking if i'm willing to pay $5k to enter a restaurant

get a grip jed..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Both Levi's Stadium signs are up at the park, I'm jacked. Sorry, back to the SBL discussion.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]

no its not, but what infuriated me was calling me and asking if i'm willing to pay $5k to enter a restaurant

get a grip jed..

Yeah...that ones pretty hard to defend. LOL.

get a grip jed..

Was it the 49ers who called you? I thought the in restaurant tailgate thing was a separate entity running it and just using the 49ers name.

Was it the 49ers who called you? I thought the in restaurant tailgate thing was a separate entity running it and just using the 49ers name.

its sanctioned by the team to have us pay $5k to enter this sh!thole

the SBL's were by far the most expensive SBL's of any team that has ever done them.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, but you get free food and drinks and there's going to be dancing girls.

the SBL's were by far the most expensive SBL's of any team that has ever done them.

Incorrect.

I also looked at the market for PSLs on a few teams.

In a section somewhat comparable to mine (235, 5k per license) the Giants PSLs were selling for between 4K and 10K per seat. At Hines Field (Steelers) it was 22,500 for 2 seats.

Look, I get it's expensive. I just think we need to get over the sticker shock and realize we as fans have been spoiled by stagnant ticket prices at the 'stick. This is what the rest of the country has been looking at for seats in the newer facilities.

EDIT: Oops..I was wrong...that was 22.5K PER SEAT. There was another is a section close for 11K as well.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
...and moreover,

Look what people are selling SBLs in section 234 for which is right next to my section and farther from the the field.

10K per SBL and thats before the damn stadium is even open.

Who knows if those even sell, but that's what we are talking about here.

The 49ers aren't outragous in their pricing. You can dislike the entire SBL concept then that's fine, but municipalities won't build these things anymore. The money has to come from somewhere.

To be completely honest, the prices were much CHEAPER than I anticipated when the entire project was announced.
...and moreover,

Look what people are selling SBLs in section 234 for which is right next to my section and farther from the the field.

10K per SBL and thats before the damn stadium is even open.

Who knows if those even sell, but that's what we are talking about here.

The 49ers aren't outragous in their pricing. You can dislike the entire SBL concept then that's fine, but municipalities won't build these things anymore. The money has to come from somewhere.

To be completely honest, the prices were much CHEAPER than I anticipated when the entire project was announced.

Marvin, where u seeing this? I would like to know what my current PSL section is going for.
Share 49ersWebzone