LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by Seadoc:
Imagine how quite it will be in this ugly, high school looking stadium.. Then imagine the high ticket prices, the 3 hour drive, and worst of all watching a running back trying to play QB.

Where you getting 3 hours from Seacock?

You would think a seagull would know how long it takes to drive to the south bay. Also, most fans are from the south bay anyway.

And Wilson is the one and only quarterback in the league who is 100% dependent on his running ability. Without that, Wilson and the Seagulls would be nothing.
the levi's sign is up
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the levi's sign is up

no wai!
I really do not understand how, after all the architech designs they looked over, they picked this pile of crap.
Originally posted by NinersGiants:
I really do not understand how, after all the architech designs they looked over, they picked this pile of crap.

don't worry you can't afford it anyway
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
don't worry you can't afford it anyway

I still have to look at it every Sunday...

Im sure a lot of Cowboy fans can't afford to go there either, but at least they got a badass stadium.
[ Edited by NinersGiants on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM ]

Whats wrong with it?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I didn't see this on the front page... Maybe I missed it. If not, kind of interesting. About the noise level (or lack of) at Levi's stadium.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/04/5971845/levis-stadium-wont-set-any-records.html

so not only is the new stadium hella ugly, it wont be loud either.

I really think people are overlooking the fact that we will have the most lower bowl seats of any NFL stadium. Is it 70% of the seating is lower bowl? Thats why college stadiums generate so much noise, because its all coming close to the field. The noise might escape some from the open air design, but we'll get a boost from the amount of fans on field level.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Whats wrong with it?

It looks plain now, it'll look better when they paint it.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NeonNiner.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I didn't see this on the front page... Maybe I missed it. If not, kind of interesting. About the noise level (or lack of) at Levi's stadium.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/04/5971845/levis-stadium-wont-set-any-records.html

so not only is the new stadium hella ugly, it wont be loud either.

I really think people are overlooking the fact that we will have the most lower bowl seats of any NFL stadium. Is it 70% of the seating is lower bowl? Thats why college stadiums generate so much noise, because its all coming close to the field. The noise might escape some from the open air design, but we'll get a boost from the amount of fans on field level.

This. Having 2/3 (approx. 45,000) of the capacity seated in the lower bowl means that most of the noise is going directly back onto the field; the crowd noise generated from the fans in the lower bowl will be directly on the opponents' backs. It's a very interesting and sweet concept.

Levi's doesn't compare to Clink, obviously, considering Seattle designed it to trap the noise in but the prospect of having the largest lower bowl in the NFL and improved sound engineering/acoustics should make it an upgrade over Candlestick and Candlestick can get loud if the fans do, they just choose not to most of the time.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This. Having 2/3 (approx. 45,000) of the capacity seated in the lower bowl means that most of the noise is going directly back onto the field; the crowd noise generated from the fans in the lower bowl will be directly on the opponents' backs. It's a very interesting and sweet concept.

Levi's doesn't compare to Clink, obviously, considering Seattle designed it to trap the noise in but the prospect of having the largest lower bowl in the NFL and improved sound engineering/acoustics should make it an upgrade over Candlestick and Candlestick can get loud if the fans do, they just choose not to most of the time.

gonn' start the first wave @ levi's, lol
The irony is, what makes century link stadium so loud is also what makes it so uncomfortable for its fans. Also, it is important to note that Kansas City has already broken Seattle's record once this season and will probably break it again, and Kansas City has an open stadium.
Originally posted by vermonator:
The irony is, what makes century link stadium so loud is also what makes it so uncomfortable for its fans. Also, it is important to note that Kansas City has already broken Seattle's record once this season and will probably break it again, and Kansas City has an open stadium.

Well, I expect the majority STH and new regulars socioeconomic demographic of Levi's to definitely shift to the South Bay...if it's anything like the crowds @ sharks hockey games (magnified to 60k+) watch out
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This is just sad. The stadium is like most of the building in Santa Clara or San Jose…functional with no style or pizzazz. A stadium is part of a city's skyline and is a major component in establishing a cities identity. It also will establish a team's identity.

In today's NFL people want more then functional and if I am going to have to pay a seat license plus deal with a 50-100% increase in season tickets I sure as hell better get more then just a functional stadium.

With this stadium I do not see a Super Bowl coming to the Santa Clara anytime soon

pump those breaks man! i don't think stadiums win championships...

Ya wanna re-think this statement now?
Another thing nobody is talking about is all the glass used for the press boxes and luxury suites, which is more then any other stadium. Glass reflects sound and naturally amplifies it. Of course glass has its breaking point, but should make for a lot of interesting noise.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone