LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Most people assumed they would do a soft open like this. LOL @ all the people upset over this.

No kidding. This is such a positive that it boggles the mind that such a petty attitude is the response here.

Having the MLS game first allows for:

1. Working out the kinks of crowd control, vendor services, parking, etc. with a lower profile game
2. Revenue for the team to pay off the loan sooner
3. Revenue for season ticket holders who can sell their seats for the MLS game

I agree with having the soccer game, but why does it seem like Seattle is always up in our grill trying to spoil everything? The Sounders are a good team, why the heck do we have to play them? Seattle is going to brag that they got the first win at Levi's stadium if we lose that game.
Well they will host college football, probably concerts, soccer, etc to get as much money back as possible. Won't be exclusive to the 49ers because they have a lot of money to pay back. That being said I would prefer a Seattle team not breaking in our stadium before us. That just seems wrong.
calm down people I was expecting the quakes to brake in Levi's all along (tho I thought it'd be against LA for the "clasico" that recently has been @ stanford)

think about it: would you rather have all the teething issues of a new stadium identified and fixed with a smaller soccer crowd or have all the s**t hit the fan in a Niners preseason game with twice as much people?

another issue that made this inevitable is the delays that have pushed back the quakes' own new stadium to 2015 (I think their sched next yr got screwed up because of it, with the 1st half majority on the road)

so yeah, even if you hate soccer and want the irrelevant "honor" of having the 1st event at Levi's be Niner football, the signs and hints that it would in all likelihood be a quakes soccer game instead have been there for months and we all really shouldn't be surprised. they do play just down the road, and once Levi's is built it would be stupid of them to go to stanford or anywhere else in the Bay Area for their "big attendance" games
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
So who all wants to go to the soccer game? I say we all go Niner'd out!

I'll be there, but I'll be sporting my quakes gear! Go Earthquakes!

Nice. How many people in attendance at a normal game?

Well at Buck Shaw Stadium (Santa Clara University) it holds 10,300. It's usually sold out or close to it. Once a year they've been playing at Stanford Stadium vs their rival the Galaxy. That place holds 40,000ish and it probably gets 3/4+ full. They might get close to that for this quakes game since it's the first chance for a lot of people to see Levi's.
best comment I saw:

"Just getting Seattle teams used to losing @ Levi's"
Don't worry guys

There will be a season ticket holder event in July
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't worry guys

For a tour of the stadium?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't worry guys

Probably a goodies handout with the tix like they had this year
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't worry guys

Probably a goodies handout with the tix like they had this year

Yup..they have to do that...if not , that's fkd up
I don't like how the seats look look all dark red

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

DonnieDarko doesn't like dark seats.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
You just wait, next thing you know, the Raiders can't fix their stadium woes and come here as a tenant

That's actually a possible and logical resolution. But i think the city of oakland are making small progress for a new stadium there. Also, the raiders seem the only oakland team that actually wants to stay in oak.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
You just wait, next thing you know, the Raiders can't fix their stadium woes and come here as a tenant

That's actually a possible and logical resolution. But i think the city of oakland are making small progress for a new stadium there. Also, the raiders seem the only oakland team that actually wants to stay in oak.

I don't think it's logical to those of us that had to pay for SBLs if their season ticket holders are going to be able to go there without having to pay that SBL. How will that work. Their season tickets should cost twice as much as ours with half the money coming to the 49ers. I'd be happy with that. Obviously the 49ers would never refund any money we've already paid for the licenses but the possibility of the raiders coming there and their season holders not having to pay SBL's is irritating.

The stadium is built for two teams as far as locker rooms, etc..
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think it's logical to those of us that had to pay for SBLs if their season ticket holders are going to be able to go there without having to pay that SBL. How will that work. Their season tickets should cost twice as much as ours with half the money coming to the 49ers. I'd be happy with that. Obviously the 49ers would never refund any money we've already paid for the licenses but the possibility of the raiders coming there and their season holders not having to pay SBL's is irritating.

The stadium is built for two teams as far as locker rooms, etc..

yeah, the Niners & Quakes
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

DonnieDarko doesn't like dark seats.

no i just dont like dark red. reminds me of the az cardinals
Share 49ersWebzone