There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.




Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

Right.

It should be like going to a park. Get rid of all the glitz and glamor and Disneyland-like crap that blocks your view.

They designed it to be open and flowing, so people can watch a football game in a spacious atmosphere, rather than entering some futuristic space ship on a trip to Alpha Centauri.

Whenever someone tries to make something look "futuristic", it turns out looking really stupid 20 years later.

The place looks fun.
It doesn't have to look like the Cobra "Terror Dome" that I used to play with as a kid. I'm past that stage.
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

Yeah, I worry about that too.

I think there's a reason why most other NFL stadiums built recently are more vertical. Like Seattle's.

But, as someone who really likes the open views of the bay, the good eats, and bars with views of the field at AT&T Park, there's a lot I like about this stadium design.

I just wish it was a little more vertical, and had more inspired architectural design. Like maybe at least one curve somewhere....
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.




Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

That's nice and all. But nothing still changes my mind that we have a very vanilla plain stadium design. If you're going to spend almost a billion dollars on a stadium, at least use an ounce of creativity.

I read somewhere that almost half of the money is going into making sure it can withstand a big earthquake.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?

They were talking on the radio today about how there's some college stadium (I think ) that has all the suites on one side, like our design has. They were saying some think it works against the noise factor because the noise isn't evenly spread. I don't know if that design is like ours with so many seats in the lower bowl, but it's the first thing I've heard of like that. To me the larger lower bowl makes sense, but so does this new theory, too.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 10, 2010 at 01:18:30 ]
The three largest stadiums in the country, all open air models...

1. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
2. Big House, Michigan (second temporarily due to renovations)
3. The Horseshoe, Ohio State

http://www.collegecharlie.com/stadiums.html


Obviously, this is slightly an apples to oranges, BUT, new digs would beat Candlestick any day. I support the new digs in SC.
Originally posted by Swankypro:
The three largest stadiums in the country, all open air models...

1. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
2. Big House, Michigan (second temporarily due to renovations)
3. The Horseshoe, Ohio State

http://www.collegecharlie.com/stadiums.html


Obviously, this is slightly an apples to oranges, BUT, new digs would beat Candlestick any day. I support the new digs in SC.

Swanky
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks

Every time i see that thing, it reminds me of a factory.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks

Every time i see that thing, it reminds me of a factory.

-9fA

It is. They make good offense and records there.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks

I was there last year for the Niner game. The stadium is almost as ugly as the fans. The stadium has more class though...

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks

I was there last year for the Niner game. The stadium is almost as ugly as the fans. The stadium has more class though...

LB

I was there as well, i thought it was cool
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.

Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

Right.

It should be like going to a park. Get rid of all the glitz and glamor and Disneyland-like crap that blocks your view.

They designed it to be open and flowing, so people can watch a football game in a spacious atmosphere, rather than entering some futuristic space ship on a trip to Alpha Centauri.

Whenever someone tries to make something look "futuristic", it turns out looking really stupid 20 years later.

The place looks fun.
It doesn't have to look like the Cobra "Terror Dome" that I used to play with as a kid. I'm past that stage.

I think looks wise it may not look cool looking like others, but from the pics and descriptions, it'll be more enjoyable for the fan that goes to the game. Things that seem subtle that others don't think about or notice. Like if you are in the upper levels, you won't be as far up, you will lower and thus closer to the field.

Other things like more restrooms (coupled with what-8 to 900 less seats, mean you are in and out of there to make sure the you don't miss the as many plays. Concession stands better designed for the fans so they miss as much of the plays.
Hopefully it'll be made of material that makes it louder.

Which just occured to me, which side will the opponents be? The average fan wants the niners on the there side so they can see the players, but if the opponents are on the clubhouse suite side, we won't be able to wreck havoc with crowd noise as much.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?

They were talking on the radio today about how there's some college stadium (I think ) that has all the suites on one side, like our design has. They were saying some think it works against the noise factor because the noise isn't evenly spread. I don't know if that design is like ours with so many seats in the lower bowl, but it's the first thing I've heard of like that. To me the larger lower bowl makes sense, but so does this new theory, too.

Crowd noise would be a major factor. With a quarter of the stadium locked of due to crowd noise would not succeed. No point in not using the crowd noise advantage when only 75 of the stadium can support it. Its best to either amp up the revenue by adding a couple of redesigns. The stadium pictured in my opinion makes no sense.

but of course I may be wrong.
San Jose 49ers!!! (if the name does change)

I love San Francisco 49ers though!!!
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
San Jose 49ers!!! (if the name does change)

I love San Francisco 49ers though!!!



it's NOT! get that through ur thick head people! "San Francisco 49ers" is a registered trademark that cannot be impinged by even the city of San Francisco since IT IS THE TEAM ITSELF that owns the name/has the choice to change it if they wish (which they don't).