Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
quick question, so the only way to get season tickets at this new stadium is to get PSL's? It wont be like at the stick where I can be like "I would like season tickets" and then just pay the 1500 per seat or whatever it might be? you HAVE to put 20 grand down first?

Is this a serious question? Think logically about what you just asked. If what you asked were the case why would any of us pay the 2k, 4k, 6k plus PSL?

LOL.

Correct.

That's actually what happened in Oakland. A number of fans got the PSLs and when they couldn't seell anymore they started selling tickets without the PSL attached. Upset alot of fans.

same thing will happen here too. niners fans have money usually but theyre not stupid. 20k for the right to pay 2k a year for tickets sounds f**kin ridiculous to me

No it won't.

That was a trainwreck in Oakland.

A few reasons WHY that won't happen here....

1) PSLs and SBLs are now a much more accepted reality. Fans already know this going in as they are attached to ALL new projects. We have been spared this because our stadium is 50 years old.
2) There is now a secondary market. SBLs can be sold. PSLs could not. Some in Pittsburg are worth 10x what they were purchased at while others have gone down in value.
3) In Oakland it was the same crappy stadium with Mount Davis attached. This is a brand now state of the art stadium.
4) The PSLs sold by the Raiders only lasted 10 years (and as I said before, could not be sold...or even transferred). 49ers SBLs last 40.
5) The SBLs are ALREADY nearly sold out...and THIS season isn't finished yet. The closer we get to the stadium opening the closer they will get to selling 100% of the tickets.
6) You're #s are off.

I was looking at this the other day. I have 2 seats. 5K ea for the SBLs and $125 per seat per game. On gamedays, my seats will cost me $250. I looked on Stubhub tho for tickets to the Seattle game later this year. I wanted to know what a big time game might sell for. In a similar section at CANDLESTICK, those tickets are going for $400 plus. Each. My seats are 20 feet from the Club seats which START at $325 per (and that's 49ers price, not Stubhub price). Selling tix to ONE game might pay for 3 or 4 other games.

Seriously? Ridiculous?

Sound like a pretty good decision to me.
if you can justify that to yourself go ahead man lol

Never understood NFL season ticket holders. The game is such a great TV experience, and so disjointed in person. To pay tens of thousands of dollars for seats doesnt seem worth it. Im glad people like to do so, because it helps pay for the team, and creates the stadium environment, but for that kind of cash? Ill watch on my big screen. I guess the cost is the main issue.

Im sure the new stadium will help though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Never understood NFL season ticket holders. The game is such a great TV experience, and so disjointed in person. To pay tens of thousands of dollars for seats doesnt seem worth it. Im glad people like to do so, because it helps pay for the team, and creates the stadium environment, but for that kind of cash? Ill watch on my big screen. I guess the cost is the main issue.

There's nothing like being there at the game. But, I agree, I've grown so used to watching it on tv, it's the only way I go.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

There's nothing like being there at the game. But, I agree, I've grown so used to watching it on tv, it's the only to go.

...and the NFL is well aware of the "TV Experience" problem. They will do everything in their power to make the game experience in the stadium better just so that they can compete.

To me, its a win-win.

As for why people buy season tickets....you are assuming people who get season tix use them all. If they go to 3 or 4 games a year, they cab sometimes pay for those games by selling the games they DON'T go to....IE, go to a few games a year FOR FREE. The SBL is a different issue....but those now have a secondary market and can be sold themselves.
quick question, so the only way to get season tickets at this new stadium is to get PSL's? It wont be like at the stick where I can be like "I would like season tickets" and then just pay the 1500 per seat or whatever it might be? you HAVE to put 20 grand down first?

Is this a serious question? Think logically about what you just asked. If what you asked were the case why would any of us pay the 2k, 4k, 6k plus PSL?

LOL.

Correct.

That's actually what happened in Oakland. A number of fans got the PSLs and when they couldn't seell anymore they started selling tickets without the PSL attached. Upset alot of fans.

same thing will happen here too. niners fans have money usually but theyre not stupid. 20k for the right to pay 2k a year for tickets sounds f**kin ridiculous to me

No it won't.

1) PSLs and SBLs are now a much more accepted reality. Fans already know this going in as they are attached to ALL new projects. We have been spared this because our stadium is 50 years old.
2) There is now a secondary market. SBLs can be sold. PSLs could not. Some in Pittsburg are worth 10x what they were purchased at while others have gone down in value.
3) In Oakland it was the same crappy stadium with Mount Davis attached. This is a brand now state of the art stadium.
4) The PSLs sold by the Raiders only lasted 10 years (and as I said before, could not be sold...or even transferred). 49ers SBLs last 40.
5) The SBLs are ALREADY nearly sold out...and THIS season isn't finished yet. The closer we get to the stadium opening the closer they will get to selling 100% of the tickets.
6) You're #s are off.

I was looking at this the other day. I have 2 seats. 5K ea for the SBLs and $125 per seat per game. On gamedays, my seats will cost me $250. I looked on Stubhub tho for tickets to the Seattle game later this year. I wanted to know what a big time game might sell for. In a similar section at CANDLESTICK, those tickets are going for $400 plus. Each. My seats are 20 feet from the Club seats which START at $325 per (and that's 49ers price, not Stubhub price). Selling tix to ONE game might pay for 3 or 4 other games.

Seriously? Ridiculous?

Tailgating is half the fun. I love sitting in the parking lott, the smell of BBQs everywhere. Drinking some beer. Great way to spend a Sunday.

Then for big games, there is nothing like it. Not every game is like that (Colts game this year was pretty boring cause we stunk up the joint). The Saints playoff game. Sitting at home was nothing like being at the Stadium. The atmosphere was electric. If I could relive that day over and over I would. Game was so much fun.
Tailgating is half the fun. I love sitting in the parking lott, the smell of BBQs everywhere. Drinking some beer. Great way to spend a Sunday.

Then for big games, there is nothing like it. Not every game is like that (Colts game this year was pretty boring cause we stunk up the joint). The Saints playoff game. Sitting at home was nothing like being at the Stadium. The atmosphere was electric. If I could relive that day over and over I would. Game was so much fun.

The first game that did that to me was the catch II. I had never heard anything so loud or felt so much energy coming from that many people before. I haven't missed a Niner home game since.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]

LOL.

Correct.

No it won't.

6) You're #s are off.

Seriously? Ridiculous?

Yeah....the last two years I had the chance o be in the stadium for the Saints playoff game and the Packers playoff game. I'm so glad I went live. There is a good chance last years Packers game could be the last ever playoff game played at the 'stick. I hope not, but if they don't catch the 'hawks that ain't a bad playoff goodbye
Looks like Montana project finally getting off the ground. I think I know where I want to have my birthday dinner for the next 40 years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/politics-government/ci_24390621/santa-clara-unveils-development-plans-near-niners-stadium

EDIT:

Image below is of the "Santana Row" style mall that would be built over the Golf Course, not the Montana project.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Looks like Montana project finally getting off the ground. I think I know where I want to have my birthday dinner for the next 40 years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/politics-government/ci_24390621/santa-clara-unveils-development-plans-near-niners-stadium

EDIT:

Image below is of the "Santana Row" style mall that would be built over the Golf Course, not the Montana project.

they need to get rid of that golf course, f**kin waste of space
Thanks for sharing Marvin. Will be amazing when it's all done. Should be quite the entertainment area with the stadium, hotel/sports bar, mall, great america and the convention center. Not to mention all the hotels already there plus the soccer fields and the new parking garage will make it a nice area.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Thanks for sharing Marvin. Will be amazing when it's all done. Should be quite the entertainment area with the stadium, hotel/sports bar, mall, great america and the convention center. Not to mention all the hotels already there plus the soccer fields and the new parking garage will make it a nice area.

Add a brothel and we're set

EDIT:

Awesome pics. Hope it gets done too!
Looking at the City center layout and the Montana project...it doesn't look like they line up correctly ?
use that land slated as potential mix use residential community and make it a parking lot to tail gate and when not in use as that a farmers market or swap meet. Parking problem done.
All of this development going in around the new stadium is very exciting. Another benefit to being located in Santa Clara. Any stadium location that could've happened in San Francisco would have had extremely limited developmental opportunities. At least to the same degree of what's taking place in Santa Clara
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Looking at the City center layout and the Montana project...it doesn't look like they line up correctly ?

I thought the exact same thing.

Also...if you look at the rendering it doesn't seem to match the layout.
Share 49ersWebzone