Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
quick question, so the only way to get season tickets at this new stadium is to get PSL's? It wont be like at the stick where I can be like "I would like season tickets" and then just pay the 1500 per seat or whatever it might be? you HAVE to put 20 grand down first?
Is this a serious question? Think logically about what you just asked. If what you asked were the case why would any of us pay the 2k, 4k, 6k plus PSL?
That's actually what happened in Oakland. A number of fans got the PSLs and when they couldn't seell anymore they started selling tickets without the PSL attached. Upset alot of fans.
same thing will happen here too. niners fans have money usually but theyre not stupid. 20k for the right to pay 2k a year for tickets sounds f**kin ridiculous to me
No it won't.
That was a trainwreck in Oakland.
A few reasons WHY that won't happen here....
1) PSLs and SBLs are now a much more accepted reality. Fans already know this going in as they are attached to ALL new projects. We have been spared this because our stadium is 50 years old.
2) There is now a secondary market. SBLs can be sold. PSLs could not. Some in Pittsburg are worth 10x what they were purchased at while others have gone down in value.
3) In Oakland it was the same crappy stadium with Mount Davis attached. This is a brand now state of the art stadium.
4) The PSLs sold by the Raiders only lasted 10 years (and as I said before, could not be sold...or even transferred). 49ers SBLs last 40.
5) The SBLs are ALREADY nearly sold out...and THIS season isn't finished yet. The closer we get to the stadium opening the closer they will get to selling 100% of the tickets.
6) You're #s are off.
I was looking at this the other day. I have 2 seats. 5K ea for the SBLs and $125 per seat per game. On gamedays, my seats will cost me $250. I looked on Stubhub tho for tickets to the Seattle game later this year. I wanted to know what a big time game might sell for. In a similar section at CANDLESTICK, those tickets are going for $400 plus. Each. My seats are 20 feet from the Club seats which START at $325 per (and that's 49ers price, not Stubhub price). Selling tix to ONE game might pay for 3 or 4 other games.
Sound like a pretty good decision to me.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]