LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like the new stadium, it looks cool to me. Hope I get to go to a game sometime.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think building a stadium that other teams will fear coming into is important. Not just for winning, but also for enhancing the fan experience. The more you make the crowd feel a part of the game...the better the experience is. My other team (the Lakers) has the same problem. Staples Center sucks for noise (poor acoustics), and all the a*****es in the lower bowl don't want to cheer.

So in that regard, this stadium project was an opportunity missed. I know as a fan of the 49ers, I am quite nervous about going to Qwest Field because I know that stadium and its fan give the Seahawks a measurable edge. Why can they have that advantage, and not us?

Being open is great....until it rains, or gets cold...and no, the weather isn't that great in Santa Clara. My other wish for the stadium was that it could be designed to minimize the impact of the elements on the game. I won't get that wish either.

So that's my overall problem with the stadium. It fails to create a decent home field advantage, it prices out a lot of fans, it's a hassle to get to for many, and it's a milquetoast design (looks like Stanford stadium basically),

You do understand that the minimalist design is already going to be one of the most expensive stadiums in the NFL right?

Where exactly do you expect to come up with the funds to build this Clink II Stadium you prefer? It's part of rooting for a team in the Bay area. Don't like it? Too bad, we couldn't afford to build the kind of stadium you and those like you prefer in The Bay.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I like the new stadium, it looks cool to me. Hope I get to go to a game sometime.

This. I so wanna go to a game there after it opens.
Originally posted by WINiner:
You do understand that the minimalist design is already going to be one of the most expensive stadiums in the NFL right?

Where exactly do you expect to come up with the funds to build this Clink II Stadium you prefer? It's part of rooting for a team in the Bay area. Don't like it? Too bad, we couldn't afford to build the kind of stadium you and those like you prefer in The Bay.

Clink is a s**tty stadium but for the noise. There is nothing to it. Our stadium will be way better than that s**t.
Very cool live shot right now with the moon rising over the stadium with the American Flag in the foreground

http://levisstadium.com/live-view?q=live-view
Personally, I love the Stick and will miss it dearly. I am very sad to find out it's going to be demolished. Just a damn shame. I will miss the tailgates there and the back parking lot overlooking the stadium.

It's not bad too be honest with you. It's bad compared to modern stadiums of today but nothing beats that cold chilly feeling being there and knowing that amazing things happened there. I get chills every time I go to a game there knowing the legends that have played there.

Very sad. I was hoping it lasted forever and they did some renovations on her. Being at SC won't be the same as catching the games at the Stick.
dump or not....I love this place.

Originally posted by 9erempire:

good riddance
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The clam shell design with all of the boxes stacked on the west side allowed the designers to shift the upper decks of the bowl inward towards the field (more so than conventional bowls) which will make the opposition lined up on the east sideline feel like the fans are right on top of them. That will bring a pretty intimidating vibe when it's packed. And the weather in Santa Clara is perfectly fine.

So it never rains and never gets cold? The stadium doesn't appear to provide much shelter.

Seriously? We are worried about shelter in a stadium in the Bay Area?

Football is an OUTDOOR sport. Are you suggesting that every stadium in the NFL should be a dome or look like the clam in Seattle? Gillette is in freezing weather and is open. So is Invesco in Denver...and Metlife in New York...and those are the NEWER stadiums. I'm not even talking about Lambeau, Soldier Field, or many others.

This is probably the best climate in all the NFL...and we are talking about "protection from the elements"!?! Seriously? If your concern going to a game is "I can't go, I might get wet" then I think you shouldn't be going to a game to begin with.

Will it rain sometimes? Yes. Will it get cold? Maybe.....but NEVER as cold as it will be in most other NFL stadiums.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Seriously? We are worried about shelter in a stadium in the Bay Area?

Football is an OUTDOOR sport. Are you suggesting that every stadium in the NFL should be a dome or look like the clam in Seattle? Gillette is in freezing weather and is open. So is Invesco in Denver...and Metlife in New York...and those are the NEWER stadiums. I'm not even talking about Lambeau, Soldier Field, or many others.

This is probably the best climate in all the NFL...and we are talking about "protection from the elements"!?! Seriously? If your concern going to a game is "I can't go, I might get wet" then I think you shouldn't be going to a game to begin with.

Will it rain sometimes? Yes. Will it get cold? Maybe.....but NEVER as cold as it will be in most other NFL stadiums.

It's funny how he can critique the new stadium, but Candlestick gets super cold/windy, however that's ok

Originally posted by 9erempire:

Definitely a dump. Will not miss.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Clink is a s**tty stadium but for the noise. There is nothing to it. Our stadium will be way better than that s**t.

I think it is better in the long run to not have a team that 100% depends on home field noise to make it to the playoffs. It makes your players play better on the road, because the home games aren't an epic difference compared to the road games.

Seattle's Clink allows them to play with emotion and juice, but like any high, they can get dependent on it, and then when they are faced with the road, they don't know what to do to find that adrenaline rush that they find at Clink. And then in the Super Bowl no more artificial adrenaline rush, so no chance.

I am glad my team doesn't depend on adrenaline highs to win games in the NFL.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I think it is better in the long run to not have a team that 100% depends on home field noise to make it to the playoffs. It makes your players play better on the road, because the home games aren't an epic difference compared to the road games.

Seattle's Clink allows them to play with emotion and juice, but like any high, they can get dependent on it, and then when they are faced with the road, they don't know what to do to find that adrenaline rush that they find at Clink. And then in the Super Bowl no more artificial adrenaline rush, so no chance.

You may think that Brian, but I think it's quite obvious that the seahawks have proven this advantage you speak of is nonexistent. They are a team that has won at home, and crumbles in the playoffs any time they have to play on the road.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You may think that Brian, but I think it's quite obvious that the seahawks have proven this advantage you speak of is nonexistent. They are a team that has won at home, and crumbles in the playoffs any time they have to play on the road.

He said the same thing.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He said the same thing.

I only glanced over that second part. My bad. lol
Share 49ersWebzone