LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's still going to be much better than candlestick so maybe just quit your bi******
Originally posted by kray28:
I think building a stadium that other teams will fear coming into is important. Not just for winning, but also for enhancing the fan experience. The more you make the crowd feel a part of the game...the better the experience is. My other team (the Lakers) has the same problem. Staples Center sucks for noise (poor acoustics), and all the a*****es in the lower bowl don't want to cheer.

So in that regard, this stadium project was an opportunity missed. I know as a fan of the 49ers, I am quite nervous about going to Qwest Field because I know that stadium and its fan give the Seahawks a measurable edge. Why can they have that advantage, and not us?

Being open is great....until it rains, or gets cold...and no, the weather isn't that great in Santa Clara. My other wish for the stadium was that it could be designed to minimize the impact of the elements on the game. I won't get that wish either.

So that's my overall problem with the stadium. It fails to create a decent home field advantage, it prices out a lot of fans, it's a hassle to get to for many, and it's a milquetoast design (looks like Stanford stadium basically),
are you really a 9er fan ..talking about my house and future home like that ?

Been to a few stadiums and the Stick will always be my love...it's not that bad

and for the new stadium..9ers want a family friendly experience and want people want to watch games and not go home deaf
Man I was really hoping to be able to go to a game at Candlestick before they shut the old girl down but fate has conspired to keep me from being able to. I don't care how out of date she is, it is the stadium of the team that taught me to love football.
The clam shell design with all of the boxes stacked on the west side allowed the designers to shift the upper decks of the bowl inward towards the field (more so than conventional bowls) which will make the opposition lined up on the east sideline feel like the fans are right on top of them. That will bring a pretty intimidating vibe when it's packed. And the weather in Santa Clara is perfectly fine.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Man I was really hoping to be able to go to a game at Candlestick before they shut the old girl down but fate has conspired to keep me from being able to. I don't care how out of date she is, it is the stadium of the team that taught me to love football.

Better take a lot of pictures, because a couple of days after the season is over, their going to blow that mother up.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The clam shell design with all of the boxes stacked on the west side allowed the designers to shift the upper decks of the bowl inward towards the field (more so than conventional bowls) which will make the opposition lined up on the east sideline feel like the fans are right on top of them. That will bring a pretty intimidating vibe when it's packed. And the weather in Santa Clara is perfectly fine.

So it never rains and never gets cold? The stadium doesn't appear to provide much shelter.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

and for the new stadium..9ers want a family friendly experience and want people want to watch games and not go home deaf

I like Candlestick. The new stadium is what I have a problem with.
So it never rains and never gets cold? The stadium doesn't appear to provide much shelter.

It's football. Play it outside no matter the weather. And it's not like this is New England.
why is kray so mad ITT

About the noise issue. The stadium appears to have poor acoustics in that it is shaped basically like a parabolic cavity (think of a headlight) which will direct sound up and away and keep very little of it in. It will be the anti-Qwest/C-link.

Overall, it's one of the most unimpressive designs of the new NFL stadiums going up.

There is also a giant wall on one side of the stadium where noise will bounce off from half the stadium down onto the field.
Also, the opening doesn't necessarily mean sound is lost. If you look at Century Link, it has a giant opening on one side, just like our stadium, which might actually help the acoustics. Acoustics is one of the most complicated subjects. More complicated than rocket science.

I think our giant wall is going to create very impressive acoustics. Remember, sound travels as waves. Century link is designed to catch deeper bass sounds, but it looks like ours will allow us to catch the higher pitch sounds.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]

Originally posted by Ballistic:
why is kray so mad ITT

Cause he can't afford tickets in the new stadium.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I like Candlestick. The new stadium is what I have a problem with.

The Stick has awesome history, but it's an outdated dump.
I think building a stadium that other teams will fear coming into is important. Not just for winning, but also for enhancing the fan experience. The more you make the crowd feel a part of the game...the better the experience is. My other team (the Lakers) has the same problem. Staples Center sucks for noise (poor acoustics), and all the a*****es in the lower bowl don't want to cheer.

So in that regard, this stadium project was an opportunity missed. I know as a fan of the 49ers, I am quite nervous about going to Qwest Field because I know that stadium and its fan give the Seahawks a measurable edge. Why can they have that advantage, and not us?

Being open is great....until it rains, or gets cold...and no, the weather isn't that great in Santa Clara. My other wish for the stadium was that it could be designed to minimize the impact of the elements on the game. I won't get that wish either.

So that's my overall problem with the stadium. It fails to create a decent home field advantage, it prices out a lot of fans, it's a hassle to get to for many, and it's a milquetoast design (looks like Stanford stadium basically),

Couldn't disagree more.

The only thing you can say about it from an intimidation standpoint is that it won't be LOUD.

Being a part of the game? It will have the largest lower bowl in the entire NFL..IE more fans closer to the field than any other stadium. Stacked decks move the ENTIRE crowd closer so even the cheap seats are closer than most other stadiums.

The ability to order food from you'r phone so you can stay in your seat to do everything but use the restroom.

The open design is with the gameday experience in mind. How can you be critical of the fan experience if you've never experienced the stadium as a fan?

Weather not great....what on earth are you talking about. It AVERAGES 10-15 degrees warmer than Candlestick. The weather will usually be fantastic. Just out of curiosity, do you live here? What freakin elements are you talking about? Did you expect a dome? For the record tho...people i the concourses will be shielded from the rain, but for the rest...were you expecting a dome or something? The roofs like in Seattle? We live in the bay area. The biggest advantage of that is WEATHER.

If you are worried about a little rain from time to time this is the wrong sport for you.

Higher ticket prices? FANTASTIC. That will make is safer for me to take my kids to a game.

Hassle to get to? It'll likely be EASIER to get to for many.

It just seems like you are determined to hate it. Its all good if thats what you want...just don't paint it as something else.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
why is kray so mad ITT

Cause he can't afford tickets in the new stadium.

LOL.

1. I have probably been a 49er fan longer you've been alive.
2. What does being a fan have to do with liking/hating the stadium?.
3. The stadium is unimpressive in comparison to the stadiums other teams are getting.
4. I am not the only one with this opinion (3).
5. Again, nothing about winning, or liking the team...the stadium still sucks.

Is critical thinking inversely proportional to homerism? Right now Candlestick Park is probably the worst NFL stadium in America...that doesn't affect winning though, because the Niners have huge winning legacy they established there, and many including myself love the Stick, not for what it is physically now, but for the legacy it symbolizes.

So criticizing the shortcomings of the stadium isn't a knock on the team, and it doesn't make me a "bad fan". It just makes me someone who has a different opinion than a blind clueless homer like you.

You don't like Candlestick physically, but you like the legacy it has. No brand new stadium has a legacy, that takes time.

Try again
Share 49ersWebzone