LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There's going to be tailgating.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The chance of no tailgating is something we don't need to worry about. The chance of limited tailgating within a reasonable distance to the stadium is a possibility. Until the golf course gets leveled for the shopping/restaurant/parking project, we're in bad shape. If and when that ever happens.

Ya.. going to be interesting to see where we are and the atmosphere.

Once the canopy is up, the flag is raised, and the tailgate playlist is bumping, I feel like it ain't gonna matter one little bit WhereTF we are. No what I'm sayin?
Originally posted by kray28:
About the noise issue. The stadium appears to have poor acoustics in that it is shaped basically like a parabolic cavity (think of a headlight) which will direct sound up and away and keep very little of it in. It will be the anti-Qwest/C-link.

Overall, it's one of the most unimpressive designs of the new NFL stadiums going up.

Good, go be a Seahawks fan then. You can enjoy the loud noise rattling the glass on the empty Super Bowl trophy case.

Acoustics dont make you a winner. The 49ers are 16-3-1 at home under Jim Harbaugh. Our home field advantage is being really good.
About the noise issue. The stadium appears to have poor acoustics in that it is shaped basically like a parabolic cavity (think of a headlight) which will direct sound up and away and keep very little of it in. It will be the anti-Qwest/C-link.

Overall, it's one of the most unimpressive designs of the new NFL stadiums going up.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

lol

Oh no we're doomed, how will we ever win a super bowl?????
f**k building a stadium to artificially enhance crowd noise, we don't need that kind of crap to win home games.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
f**k building a stadium to artificially enhance crowd noise, we don't need that kind of crap to win home games.

Thank you! I don't want the Niners to have to depend on the crutch that they do up in Seadderall. Can you imagine how bad they'd be if they didn't have the noise advantage they do?

Seattle wins at least 2-3 games because of their stadium, while imo it is an unfair advantage it is also a crutch and a detriment to the team. They are ill prepared when it comes to having to play away from home and is likely one of the main reasons they "Struggle" when on the road. I don't think they struggle, I just think that's the team they are when they don't have their advantage.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Especially when they find out the door that says "to field" from the visitors locker room goes out to the parking lot.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Kray.. thanks for your input.. For the 100th time. None of us care what you think.

Because you obviously speak for every poster there is. One thing I've learned is that people who take the time to tell you that they don't care what you think...do in fact care.

LOL. Thanks for playing, munch.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Good, go be a Seahawks fan then. You can enjoy the loud noise rattling the glass on the empty Super Bowl trophy case.

Acoustics dont make you a winner. The 49ers are 16-3-1 at home under Jim Harbaugh. Our home field advantage is being really good.

LOL.

1. I have probably been a 49er fan longer you've been alive.
2. What does being a fan have to do with liking/hating the stadium?.
3. The stadium is unimpressive in comparison to the stadiums other teams are getting.
4. I am not the only one with this opinion (3).
5. Again, nothing about winning, or liking the team...the stadium still sucks.

Is critical thinking inversely proportional to homerism? Right now Candlestick Park is probably the worst NFL stadium in America...that doesn't affect winning though, because the Niners have huge winning legacy they established there, and many including myself love the Stick, not for what it is physically now, but for the legacy it symbolizes.

So criticizing the shortcomings of the stadium isn't a knock on the team, and it doesn't make me a "bad fan". It just makes me someone who has a different opinion than a blind clueless homer like you.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM ]

LOL.

2. What does being a fan have to do with liking/hating the stadium?.
3. The stadium is unimpressive in comparison to the stadiums other teams are getting.

Is critical thinking inversely proportional to homerism? Right now Candlestick Park is probably the worst NFL stadium in America...that doesn't affect winning though, because the Niners have huge winning legacy they established there, and many including myself love the Stick, not for what it is physically now, but for the legacy it symbolizes.

So criticizing the shortcomings of the stadium isn't a knock on the team, and it doesn't make me a "bad fan". It just makes me someone who has a different opinion than a blind clueless homer like you.
It's not a shortcoming to NOT design a stadium to be designed for specifically making it loud for opposing teams.

LOL.

2. What does being a fan have to do with liking/hating the stadium.

No, but it doesn't mean we are blind homers for actually liking the stadium design either.

Call me crazy, but I like stadiums that, you know, look like stadiums. They don't need to look like something that crashlanded in Roswell New Mexico (Arizona), a giant sphincter (Atlanta), or some crappy piece of modern art (Minn). Stadiums that look like stadiums don't go out of style.

I also really don't give 2 sh*ts what the damn thing looks like from the outside for froma blimp. What matters to me is the in-game experience. The design of the stadium is to be a open as physically possible. Unfortunately, that isn't something you can ever experience until you are actually IN the stadium.

Also....I don't need the fan noise.

Yes, its a nice homefield advantage...but teams that have that advantage tend to suck on the road and never win anything. Some of the loudest stadiums in the NFL...Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta, Minn....a combined ONE SB championship.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think building a stadium that other teams will fear coming into is important. Not just for winning, but also for enhancing the fan experience. The more you make the crowd feel a part of the game...the better the experience is. My other team (the Lakers) has the same problem. Staples Center sucks for noise (poor acoustics), and all the a*****es in the lower bowl don't want to cheer.

So in that regard, this stadium project was an opportunity missed. I know as a fan of the 49ers, I am quite nervous about going to Qwest Field because I know that stadium and its fan give the Seahawks a measurable edge. Why can they have that advantage, and not us?

Being open is great....until it rains, or gets cold...and no, the weather isn't that great in Santa Clara. My other wish for the stadium was that it could be designed to minimize the impact of the elements on the game. I won't get that wish either.

So that's my overall problem with the stadium. It fails to create a decent home field advantage, it prices out a lot of fans, it's a hassle to get to for many, and it's a milquetoast design (looks like Stanford stadium basically),
^^^ Sounds like you never even been to Santa Clara...The stadium hasn't even opened yet...Gezzz
[ Edited by awol36 on Sep 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone