LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Minny's stadium looks effing incredible. It looks like the kind of place I'd want to go just to enjoy the design. Even CenturyLink looks like a more modern design than ours. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have a nice new stadium to enjoy, but if you're going to do it, why not do it 100% and make it the best? f**king thing costs a billion+, anyway.

Thanks for the explanation Psinex. Cool stuff.

I think its looks terrible.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Jcool:
Minny's stadium looks effing incredible. It looks like the kind of place I'd want to go just to enjoy the design. Even CenturyLink looks like a more modern design than ours. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have a nice new stadium to enjoy, but if you're going to do it, why not do it 100% and make it the best? f**king thing costs a billion+, anyway.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Minny field is gonna have weird f**king shadows all over it.
all they showed is a gay ass sketch of the viking stadiums....not hardly any mention of ours...and ours is going to open next year.

As for minny's new stadium....it's a place to play football, not a fashion show. Geez, sometimes these owners get too fancy with their thinking.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
all they showed is a gay ass sketch of the viking stadiums....not hardly any mention of ours...and ours is going to open next year.

As for minny's new stadium....it's a place to play football, not a fashion show. Geez, sometimes these owners get too fancy with their thinking.

gonna laugh when their owner gets indicted, their satdium deal falls through, and the team moves to LA in 2016
They mentioned our stadium a ton of times. They even showed some pictures of it too
Stadium in context to the surrounding area, and WHY it blends with rather than overwhelms its neighbors:

Originally posted by Jcool:

This...

It the new trend of stadiums that look like Modern Art and in 10 years will look like an old iMac...trendy and completely out of style.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Actually they had a cam during a re-entrance from commercial with shots of the current stadium construction.
Teams known for having loud home stadiums: Chiefs, Seahawks, Saints, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans, Colts. Total combined Super Bowl wins in the last 18 years....2.

Dont get too caught up in acoustics.

Originally posted by Psinex:
That new Minnesota stadium they showed on the broadcast looks amazing. I'm jealous.
That place is going to be loud as hell.

Maybe all that glass will cave in Metrodome style all over a Viqueens-Packers game
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That new Minnesota stadium they showed on the broadcast looks amazing. I'm jealous.

Maybe all that glass will cave in Metrodome style all over a Viqueens-Packers game

How nice .. it looks so bright in there with all that glass and sunlight coming in. Oh..wait .. this will be in Minnesota. So it will be covered with snow or dark and raining out 80% of the time. Dumb asses.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The stadium is not designed to keep sound in. Apart from the green roof luxury box side, it's completely wide open like a bowl. And you know that the luxury boxes are not going to be cheering loud.

As an audio engineer, I can tell you that the best way to reduce the amount of sound reflections in a studio is by building walls that are at different angles. So if anything, the new stadium looks like it was built to reduce sound. If the architects were trying to trap the sound inside, they wouldn't have had those big plaza openings on the north and south side of the stadium.

The big hoods on the top of C-Link trap the sound and reflect it back down towards the field. The crowd shouts
and makes noise, the sound travels straight across to the other side of the stadium, it keeps bouncing around
from one side to the other.

I'm gonna laugh if the new stadium is hella loud

The one thing we have going for us is that we are positioned on the side where the suites are and the opponent is positioned where about 70% of the fans are and I think that could play into our favor if they use their lungs. Our visitors could have about 45000 fans screaming on their backs and I would hope some of that noise would reflect off the suite tower but I am sure our audio expert would discount that as minimal if any effect. I do think having the majority of the fans to the opponent's back might play a part though
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:

I bet they will add some sort of plexi glass (or rubbery) type of material to make sure the caving in never happens.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Stadium in context to the surrounding area, and WHY it blends with rather than overwhelms its neighbors:

That's cool, the stadium fits right in
Share 49ersWebzone