There are 243 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by mod:
I feel like a broken record... but who cares when you're in it

cant argue with that. additionally should we get a few magical seasons in quick it will be legendary - ugly or not.

There is more complaining about the looks of Levi's Stadium in this thread than Candlestick has received in the past 20 years...
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
There is more complaining about the looks of Levi's Stadium in this thread than Candlestick has received in the past 20 years...

right?

right?

But it's not pretty enough!

right?

I never complained about The Stick in the 30 years I went. Well maybe a couple times, but that's it. I loved that place..
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

right?

I never complained about The Stick in the 30 years I went. Well maybe a couple times, but that's it. I loved that place..

If they gave me a cup holder, I'd sit in my seats for another 20 years, no problem. lol
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I also don't understand peoples fascination with the alien vessel looking stadiums. I think they are ugly as hell, will go out of style in 20 minutes, and are being built in places that NEED to go way over the top to attract people. The best part of the new Santa Clara stadium is simply that it's in Santa Clara. It's built wide open because of the weather.

I don't understand it either.

IMO, the 49ers new stadium has a chance to bring a more classical look back into style, kinda how Camden Yards made the MLB stadiums built in the late 60s/70s look terribly outdated.

Santa Clara weather..oh groovy...BTW, IMO The Stick looks way better than this does at this point, waay better..It has some curves you know?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

right?

If they gave me a cup holder, I'd sit in my seats for another 20 years, no problem. lol

I'm with you bro..I got no clue how many beers went down the seat levels over the years. I remember times in big games that were close it was like a waterfall; when Joe would make a big play or our D, everyone would jump kicking over their beers...beer holders would have been nice, but where to hang em?
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Took some photos after seeing it in person on Tuesday. Pretty awesome just to have the chance to watch it in progress:

wow, that just couldn't be uglier.

How can this style of building cost so much money?!? It looks like how you build a stadium if you were going for, "economical"...If they could drop this on Hunters point with all the views, some grass, f*g, rain..now even then, this ugly bas**rd might look good..
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

right?

I'm with you bro..I got no clue how many beers went down the seat levels over the years. I remember times in big games that were close it was like a waterfall; when Joe would make a big play or our D, everyone would jump kicking over their beers...beer holders would have been nice, but where to hang em?

Do the same thing they did at the oakland coliseum. Put a snap on piece on the tops of the armrests of the seats in the row in front.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
How can this style of building cost so much money?!? It looks like how you build a stadium if you were going for, "economical"...If they could drop this on Hunters point with all the views, some grass, f*g, rain..now even then, this ugly bas**rd might look good..

that's what i'm thinking.
bunch of steel beams like a big warehouse is framed. the suite building's a big box divided with a ton of metal studs. nothing elaborate at all. standard stuff.
i know nothing's cheap but, comparatively, i don't see how levi's stadium matches the price. looks like cheap, practical, modern pre-fab junk. about as inspirational as a big, water heater factory and business headquarters.

• MarkD
  • Veteran
It's called structural steel building and that is how things are built this century. You don't use concrete or brick like they did in the past. You definitely don't use it in California because of the earth quake risk.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:
It's called structural steel building and that is how things are built this century. You don't use concrete or brick like they did in the past. You definitely don't use it in California because of the earth quake risk.

They'll probably dress it up a little, but it still looks incomplete.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM ]
I think with Levi Stadium its all about the inside gameday experience. I love that it will have the largest lower bowl in the league but I am still trying to figure out how this design can cost a billion+ $. That free WiFi must really be expensive in California. Oh well I'm sure when its all finished and The Faithful get in there and call it home none of it will matter! GO NINERS!!
I, for one, have no problem with Levi Stadium. If you think Candlestick looks better, then Dude, you need some new glasses.
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I think with Levi Stadium its all about the inside gameday experience. I love that it will have the largest lower bowl in the league but I am still trying to figure out how this design can cost a billion+ $. That free WiFi must really be expensive in California. Oh well I'm sure when its all finished and The Faithful get in there and call it home none of it will matter! GO NINERS!!
It's not the design that makes it so expensive, it's the price of property in Silicon Valley and the Insurance rates that go along with it, such as, liability and work comp, which are the highest of any other state.
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone