LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it's kinda funny how many who wanted a giant dome stadium are saying our new one lacks any character...lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it's kinda funny how many who wanted a giant dome stadium are saying our new one lacks any character...lol

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

IMO, stadiums are never purpose-built with character, even the quirky neo-retro baseball ones of the past 25 years ...they have planned and designed features sure, but a stadium's "character" like a person's character is acquired with time--be it from location, weather, team fortune, the fanbase or all of the above...even the concrete mausoleum in oakland has 40+ years of built-up "character" that i'm certain none of its builder/architects foresaw when they contructed it from a giant crater in the ground to be strictly utilitarian and multi-purpose
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
IMO, stadiums are never purpose-built with character, even the quirky neo-retro baseball ones of the past 25 years ...they have planned and designed features sure, but a stadium's "character" like a person's character is acquired with time--be it from location, weather, team fortune, the fanbase or all of the above...even the concrete mausoleum in oakland has 40+ years of built-up "character" that i'm certain none of its builder/architects foresaw when they contructed it from a giant crater in the ground to be strictly utilitarian and multi-purpose

i think baseball stadiums have a lot of character, they are gorgeous to look at and offer great fan experience. now having said that, they dont hold olympic events, world cup soccer games etc. footballbstadiums serve a different purpose and our stadiums tech friendly features will set the trend.

The potential for character off Great America Parkway in Santa Clara...let's see. There is the bottom of Alviso, the swampy end of the Bay that also serves as a landfill and sanitation plant. Directly around the stadium site, you have a railroad, Great America, Marvell, Santa Clara Convention Center and a BMX biking site. The architecture of Levis Stadium looks just like the office buildings around it. It looks more like a hospital than a football stadium.

For those who say football stadiums shouldn't look like baseball stadiums...What about Lucas Oil Stadium?

Then in 2013, we get this:

Fugly. It already looks dated. I'm sure they could've made the stadium environmentally green and classic looking. This just looks like the metal stairs at a school. It looks like the frame and beam support structure for another stadium.
[ Edited by Psinex on Aug 6, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Yea, I kinda agree. Levi's stadium may have all the technological advances when it opens in 2014, but it isnt aesthetically pleasing, thats for sure. Im not saying that we shouldve adopted a Jerry Jones theatrical theme, nor do I care for those techno style Euro football stadiums, but our new stadium is damn ordinary. Im sure it'll look pretty with all the bells and whistles when it's all said and done, but 10 years from now when it's not so new I doubt anyone will be presenting it as the "model" design that all stadiums should be like.

I guess the high prices in Cali restricted our mgmt from going big, and thats ok. But lets not kid ourselves and pretend Levi's will set the bar higher for future stadiums.

PS - I dont buy the hype that the stadium is designed to keep the noise level high. Wouldnt bet on getting any of the opposing offenses offsides anytime soon.
What our stadium represents is a hallmark achievement in getting a new stadium up in California. That in and of itself is remarkable. Add to that it is for the esteemed 49er franchise in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley. It is LEED certified, net neutral to the grid, with unprecedented WIFI bandwidth and mobile applications. It is simplistic yet functional in design with a soft white modern minimalist feel to it yet bearing our glorious red color. It is uniquely modern, succinct, and picturesque with cutting edge amenities all inclusive. This is the Bay Area where location is everything and the purchase price of the edifice is not predicated upon the building itself but by the surrounding environment. This is exactly what was expected and is exactly why Super Bowl 50 is being held here
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
What our stadium represents is a hallmark achievement in getting a new stadium up in California. That in and of itself is remarkable. Add to that it is for the esteemed 49er franchise in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley. It is LEED certified, net neutral to the grid, with unprecedented WIFI bandwidth and mobile applications. It is simplistic yet functional in design with a soft white modern minimalist feel to it yet bearing our glorious red color. It is uniquely modern, succinct, and picturesque with cutting edge amenities all inclusive. This is the Bay Area where location is everything and the purchase price of the edifice is not predicated upon the building itself but by the surrounding environment. This is exactly what was expected and is exactly why Super Bowl 50 is being held here

In addition most likely the MOST EXPENSIVE AREA to put a stadium outside of Dubai..... I live right around the corner so I can care less about Aerial views as long as my team winning....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They should re-name it Tooth Pick Park.
"Boo hoo! It's not pretty enough for me! " lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
"Boo hoo! It's not pretty enough for me! " lol

LOL.
Originally posted by Psinex:

The potential for character off Great America Parkway in Santa Clara...let's see. There is the bottom of Alviso, the swampy end of the Bay that also serves as a landfill and sanitation plant. Directly around the stadium site, you have a railroad, Great America, Marvell, Santa Clara Convention Center and a BMX biking site. The architecture of Levis Stadium looks just like the office buildings around it. It looks more like a hospital than a football stadium.

For those who say football stadiums shouldn't look like baseball stadiums...What about Lucas Oil Stadium?

Then in 2013, we get this:

Fugly. It already looks dated. I'm sure they could've made the stadium environmentally green and classic looking. This just looks like the metal stairs at a school.

Have you been to Lucas ?

The inside feels like your at a hockey/Basketball game (hallways and corridors)..outside is cool but the inside sucks

It's going to be the opposite for Levi...outside not spectacular but when you get inside..it's going to be awesome.
I just realized one of those "impressive" ariel views is of the oakland coliseum.
Lets wait until its 100% complete before we judge the beauty of it... To build a billion dollar stadium in California, after waiting this long is good enough for me. Some of you guys are being high maintenance. Maybe the fan experience will be so good the so called beauty of it won't matter
MAN am I sick of the complaining about the stadium not being pretty enough.

I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about what the stadium looks like from outer space. I care what it looks like when I'm sitting in my seat watching a game. I care how easy it is to get a hot dog and how much of the game I'm going to miss if I make a run for the bathroom.

The stadium was designed the way it was to make it WIDE OPEN...exposed to the elements in a way few stadiums are. Ya know WHY they can do that? They can do it because we have some of the best weather in the world right here in the Bay Area. Almost never too hot. Never really cold. Perfect humidity.

The facade would block that open feeling. That's why they don't have one.

Those other stadiums you showed above are in freakin Denver (snow), Oakland (seriously?), Indianapolis (snow), Green Bay (snow) and North Carolina (snow).
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone