There are 219 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
When are they putting in the damn seats?

before the 2014 season
link?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
When are they putting in the damn seats?

before the 2014 season
link?

http://SCStadiumProgress.html/timeline
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Your evil, Chaz.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
functional stadium. ugly stadium.
Originally posted by xcfan:

It is in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley and we are hosting Super Bowl 50. Owners and media are thrilled to be in the Bay Area for a game of this magnitude by unanimous vote. Nuff said.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It is in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley and we are hosting Super Bowl 50. Owners and media are thrilled to be in the Bay Area for a game of this magnitude by unanimous vote. Nuff said.

it's a great stadium--when you're inside, using it--but, from the outside, it's ugly.

it's a great stadium--when you're inside, using it--but, from the outside, it's ugly.

lol, Stadium isn't finished yet

cool story bro

I drive past it every day. I see it from outside my office down on Lafayette. After 20 years of waiting for a new stadium, I can't help but feel disappointed by what HNTB is making over there. It is about as utilitarian as I've ever seen a stadium look. It leaves nothing to the imagination, precisely because there is no imagination involved with it.

Straight metal beams painted in white, concrete, no curves anywhere. You could probably recreate it accurately using a standard Lego set. One side of it looks like one of the Silicon Valley companies nearby. Candlestick and Pac Bell Park have a lot more personality than this stadium. They could have hired HOK, the company that built Pac Bell Park. I've accepted the fact that Levis Stadium is going to look about as exciting as a public restroom.

Originally posted by Psinex:
I drive past it every day. I see it from outside my office down on Lafayette. After 20 years of waiting for a new stadium, I can't help but feel disappointed by what HNTB is making over there. It is about as utilitarian as I've ever seen a stadium look. It leaves nothing to the imagination, precisely because there is no imagination involved with it.

Straight metal beams painted in white, concrete, no curves anywhere. You could probably recreate it accurately using a standard Lego set. One side of it looks like one of the Silicon Valley companies nearby. Candlestick and Pac Bell Park have a lot more personality than this stadium. They could have hired HOK, the company that built Pac Bell Park. I've accepted the fact that Levis Stadium is going to look about as exciting as a public restroom.

I would right back at your assessment, but hey you're entitled to your opinion. If you notice, both ballparks you cited as having "more personilty" are/were baseball parks (we all know candlestick originally conceived as one) and baseball by nature is a sport that encourages the appreciation of ambience and a more lesiurely atmosphere than the more hectic, violent game of football where nearly all of one's attention will be riveted to the game action....tailgating might be the the only occasion for most when they would appreciate a built-for-football stadium's exterior aesthetics--that and the blimp overhead shots during broadcasts

finally given the location on the southern tip of the Bay and literally a football field's distance from what was once former landfill (the golf course across the street) I think I'll trust that the stadium architects and designers were more concerned with placing a premium safety and structural integrity over superfluous aesthetics, especially massive brick edifices...hello earthquakes! when those factors are balanced along with the higher construction costs in CA and you'll understand their judgement.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't blame HNTB, it's the 49ers that ok'd the design.

the stick is one of the most hideous, foul smelling decrepit stadiums i've ever been to. baseball parks are completely different than football stadiums and euro soccer stadiums. comparing them is like apples and oranges. not saying you have to like how the new stadium looks but I think it's really nice.

it wasn't candlestick park that people were fond of, it was the memories that it held.
will the real area49 please stand up

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I would right back at your assessment, but hey you're entitled to your opinion. If you notice, both ballparks you cited as having "more personilty" are/were baseball parks (we all know candlestick originally conceived as one) and baseball by nature is a sport that encourages the appreciation of ambience and a more lesiurely atmosphere than the more hectic, violent game of football where nearly all of one's attention will be riveted to the game action....tailgating might be the the only occasion for most when they would appreciate a built-for-football stadium's exterior aesthetics--that and the blimp overhead shots during broadcasts

finally given the location on the southern tip of the Bay and literally a football field's distance from what was once former landfill (the golf course across the street) I think I'll trust that the stadium architects and designers were more concerned with placing a premium safety and structural integrity over superfluous aesthetics, especially massive brick edifices...hello earthquakes! when those factors are balanced along with the higher construction costs in CA and you'll understand their judgement.

Exactly this. Plus I like the tie in of the structure with the surrounding area and the emphasis on tech and being friendly to the environment and net neutral to the grid. The simplistic white and glorious red and the focus being on football and the game day experience
Share 49ersWebzone