There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,040
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Full details on the sales pitch San Francisco will make to owners on Super Bowl L during Tuesday's Spring Meeting:

San Francisco is the bid city, not Santa Clara. Vast majority of events will be in SF, with the game 45 miles away:

The San Francisco host committee arrives in Boston tonight, with the Niners brass joining them tomorrow night.

Also, worth mentioning that South Florida's failure to land SB 50 or 51 could signal them falling out of the rotation, like San Diego did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204470/article/super-bowl-l-san-francisco-in-the-drivers-seat
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Full details on the sales pitch San Francisco will make to owners on Super Bowl L during Tuesday's Spring Meeting:

San Francisco is the bid city, not Santa Clara. Vast majority of events will be in SF, with the game 45 miles away:

The San Francisco host committee arrives in Boston tonight, with the Niners brass joining them tomorrow night.

Also, worth mentioning that South Florida's failure to land SB 50 or 51 could signal them falling out of the rotation, like San Diego did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204470/article/super-bowl-l-san-francisco-in-the-drivers-seat

Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.
so sf has a chance to host a superbowl?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
so sf has a chance to host a superbowl?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe

That makes no sense, what-so-ever. lol
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe


LOL wut?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe


LOL wut?

That's where they use have some big concerts
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe


LOL wut?

That's where they use have some big concerts

I'm guessing they'll pitch using the temp concert space they're building for the America's cup.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Makes sense. They'll set up a concert stage on Market or Treasure Island or somewhere picturesque. Do all the press row stuff in SF and just play the game in SC.

They will use redwood amphitheater at great America for a pregame concert probably doe


LOL wut?

That's where they use have some big concerts

What I meant was something that could be utilized for a small concert for like VIPs, but also something the TV network can pan to during the hours long pregame to show an event actually near the stadium and not 45 miles away.....or maybe NFL network can set up stage there or the network broadcasting the game (CBS I believe).....my whole point is, you have a decent amphitheater 20 minutes walk away from the stadium, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't used for some pregame event at the Super Bowl
Where does that little red Levi tag go? Flown like flag? Or just painted on the field in the corner of one of the end zones.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Where does that little red Levi tag go? Flown like flag? Or just painted on the field in the corner of one of the end zones.

I imagine this picture released by the 49ers gives a clue.



One on each scoreboard and probably a couple tags painted on the field.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know alot of people think that....but I think your just too used to seeing the new Space Age stuff in Dallas and Phoenix.

Ya know what...we don't NEED that stuff. Phoenix is the desert and Dallas is humid as hell.

The best part about a stadium in Nor Cal is the Weather.

I like this stadium alot because it puts whats most important first...Fan Experience...not looking pretty in pictures and paintings.

Ya know what pretty? A full stadium and the Niners bound to the Bay Area for another 30 or 40 years.

All good points. Dallas and Arizona weather just sucks *ss next to South Bay weather. Besides, I don't think it's ugly at all. I'm not even sure what these guys are talking about. It looks like an awesome experience for fans - the promenade around the circumference, the large windows where walkers can see in like AT&T, the big wide entrance on the corner, the closeness of the lower seats to the field itself, the huge tower of corporate suites on one side, the giant screens. Looks great.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know alot of people think that....but I think your just too used to seeing the new Space Age stuff in Dallas and Phoenix.

Ya know what...we don't NEED that stuff. Phoenix is the desert and Dallas is humid as hell.

The best part about a stadium in Nor Cal is the Weather.

I like this stadium alot because it puts whats most important first...Fan Experience...not looking pretty in pictures and paintings.

Ya know what pretty? A full stadium and the Niners bound to the Bay Area for another 30 or 40 years.

All good points. Dallas and Arizona weather just sucks *ss next to South Bay weather. Besides, I don't think it's ugly at all. I'm not even sure what these guys are talking about. It looks like an awesome experience for fans - the promenade around the circumference, the large windows where walkers can see in like AT&T, the big wide entrance on the corner, the closeness of the lower seats to the field itself, the huge tower of corporate suites on one side, the giant screens. Looks great.

The weather in Phoenix during the meat of the NFL sched is pretty stinkin nice. Phoenix in the winter is fantastic imo. I loved it the 2 years I lived there.
KTVU ‏@KTVU 21m #BREAKING Santa Clara Police confirm with #KTVU that a body has been discovered at the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. More on #MO2