There are 220 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol there will be better public transport than the crap at candlestick. I cant wait to be out of that dump lol
  • CRUD
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
lol there will be better public transport than the crap at candlestick. I cant wait to be out of that dump lol

Candlestick was indeed a dump I don't disagree and it kept a lot of people from going to games BECAUSE of the public transport issues (in part) but to move the team to the South Bay was absurd. The owners don't care or understand because they're not from the Bay Area. The team should have been kept centralized in the Bay Area and on land that could have made it possible to build a top notch stadium not some eye sore practice squad field. I think Hayward is as far south as they should've gone but silicon valley is where the money is so let the wine and cheese flow. Be sure to keep those pesky poor people out as well, which is going to happen with absurd ticket prices and travel time. I'm not sure what happened with the waterfront property in San Fransisco/Hunters Point- I think it was too 'contaminated' for niner fans? Not too contaminated for public housing though is it? Whatever, my main complaint is the design anyhow. It looks like a college stadium. It's ugly.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Went to the GB/SF playoff game and it took us almost 3 hours just to get to the highway like a mile away. Gonna be nice having better traffic flow in Santa Clara.
@CRUD

Okay, one more time: since most of the season packages are going to corporations and the people holding them will be basically getting them for free, the best prediction is that on Stubhub, Craigslist, etc., tickets will be available probably at prices equal to or even less than you tend to pay now to get to the Stick. So your "keeping the pesky poor people out" thing is nonsense.

It's been pointed out above that it takes a couple hours to get in and out of the Stick on game day so your "travel time" thing is nonsense.

All I can say to your problems with design is

If you can show us ONE college stadium that looks like the new Niners stadium, maybe you have some kind of point, but I don't think you can.
Did he just say Hayward?

Yeah, move the team to the east bay, and put it in a ghetto that has absolutely nowhere to put a stadium, nor the means to make it happen.

Originally posted by GNielsen:

If you can show us ONE college stadium that looks like the new Niners stadium, maybe you have some kind of point, but I don't think you can.

Well..........there is Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium:

There's a slight resemblance.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Florida Gators

Hayward.............
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Hayward.............

There's a nice salt pond, north of 92, that you can put a stadium
  • CRUD
Originally posted by modninerfan:
There's a nice salt pond, north of 92, that you can put a stadium

I know, think of all those dirty poor people of color you'd have to deal with while you sat in a premier state of the art stadium with affordable ticket prices. Obviously you ignore what I said, the team should have stayed centralized in the Bay Area preferably in San Fransisco or Oakland but yes I'd take a stadium worthy of an NFL team in Hayward rather than some overpriced shack in Santa Clara any day of the week. 49er ownership and the city of Santa Clara should be embarrassed to pass this stadium off as worthy of the 49er dynasty. This is it. This is the new stadium. It's ugly. Bland. No curb appeal. Lazy and or cost cutting architecture and it's about 40 miles further out of reach for most east bay and north bay fans. As far as price?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/09/come-2014-niners-fans-will-need-plenty-of-gold/
[ Edited by CRUD on May 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM ]

Originally posted by CRUD:
I know, think of all those dirty poor people of color you'd have to deal with while you sat in a premier state of the art stadium with affordable ticket prices. Obviously you ignore what I said, the team should have stayed centralized in the Bay Area preferably in San Fransisco or Oakland but yes I'd take a stadium worthy of an NFL team in Hayward rather than some overpriced shack in Santa Clara any day of the week. 49er ownership and the city of Santa Clara should be embarrassed to pass this stadium off as worthy of the 49er dynasty. This is it. This is the new stadium. It's ugly. Bland. No curb appeal. Lazy and or cost cutting architecture and it's about 40 miles further out of reach for most east bay and north bay fans. As far as price?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/09/come-2014-niners-fans-will-need-plenty-of-gold/

Most of the 49er fan base in the bay area is located in the south bay....we've been over this a million times
  • CRUD
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Most of the 49er fan base in the bay area is located in the south bay....we've been over this a million times

And if I eat paper I can poo out gold. See, I can also make unsubstantiated claims. I don't even want to step foot in the place if people such as the ones posting in this thread fill the stadium. Have at it guys. Do your thing. I'll be at home on the couch hoping it rains.
You've probably been to 1 game your entire life. Please go on ahead and become a Raiders fan like you said you would.

And if I eat paper I can poo out gold. See, I can also make unsubstantiated claims. I don't even want to step foot in the place if people such as the ones posting in this thread fill the stadium. Have at it guys. Do your thing. I'll be at home on the couch hoping it rains.

Good. Don't enjoy the new stadium then.

Earlier states he can't afford to go to games.

Later proclaims he won't step foot in the place because of the people in this thread. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone