LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
ILL, it's very obvious he doesn't ... he's a Cowpukes fan.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise it was a pre-requisite to live in Santa Clara to be a 9ers fan.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Andy Dolich hears the 49ers are closing in on a naming-rights deal for the Santa Clara stadium, set to open in 2014. http://bit.ly/ZMSmoN
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I might be wrong, but I remember reading about it, non-expanded the new stadium has an even smaller capacity than Candlestick Park. I just wonder why aren't we building the biggest stadium in the NFL when we have a chance to ??

Also, why open air ? Just to keep its tradition ? I would have thought a cover stadium would be far louder for the visiting team and will give us the chance to get used to it when we have to play in really loud stadiums such as the Century Link.

Why build a bigger stadium? So we can end up like the Cowgirls and have a blackout in our hometown every game because there are 20,000 empty seats? 70k is plenty and bigger isn't always better. Just like with the Giants, AT&T park isn't the biggest park but it is easily one of the nicest and best to see a game at and as a result we sell out almost every game. Quality over quantity.

This is California, we don't do domes here.

Hey, you don't have to tell me that. I couldn't stand an ugly eye sore of a dome anyway.

My favorite part about this stadium is the open, clean modest look. Looks like the stadium of a secure team, no need for fancy grander.
Originally posted by Beeker:
ILL, it's very obvious he doesn't ... he's a Cowpukes fan.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise it was a pre-requisite to live in Santa Clara to be a 9ers fan.

No, but it is clear by your comments that you don't live here.

Candlestick Point (where Candlestick is) is usually a good 10-20 degrees colder than anywhere else in the Bay. The new Stadium is in Santa Clara where this will not be an issue. Its also pretty clear that you have never been here if you are referring to the Bay Area as a "Cold Weather City". The NFL has just been waiting for Northern California to build a suitable stadium in order to have it host MULTIPLE Super Bowls. Weather is not an issue here.

As for why they didn't do a Dallas style stadium in terms of size and such....

...again...Its harder to fill a stadium in Northern California every week. Yes, the 49ers have sold out since 1979 I believe, but they most likely wouldn't do so in an 80,000 seat venue. In Dallas, you are stuck in freakin' Dallas. Alot less to do. Here, you are in the Bay Area...SF, Santa Cruz, Napa, Monterey....and hell only 3 hours from Tahoe...all sorts of places to go. That doesn't even talk about 2 baseball teams, another football team, a basketball team and a hockey team.

Finally....that Stadium in Dallas would be well north of 2 Billion to build here and thats if they even had the space. There is no reason to put a roof on the building.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]
No, before the game or at half time you can. Is about the overall experience. Otherwise, you might as well just watch the game on TV.

tv doesn't have 70k screaming fans around u last i checked

sorry man, i'm glad our stadium doesn't in any way resemble that circus known as jerry world
Originally posted by iLL49er:

sorry man, i'm glad our stadium doesn't in any way resemble that circus known as jerry world

This.

I don't want to pay that much to be in s stadium where the jumbotron is so large you just end up watching the game on that screen. Most of the people I've talked to say that people tend to not even look at the field.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

This.

I don't want to pay that much to be in s stadium where the jumbotron is so large you just end up watching the game on that screen. Most of the people I've talked to say that people tend to not even look at the field.

All sports are meant to be played outside..and jumbotrons are for replays only !
Originally posted by Jcool:

Andy Dolich hears the 49ers are closing in on a naming-rights deal for the Santa Clara stadium, set to open in 2014. http://bit.ly/ZMSmoN

i wonder what's going to be the name?!?!
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yahoo Field

Originally posted by zillabeast:

Yahoo Field

Dad Gum Yahoo! Field
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Yahoo Field

Dad Gum Yahoo! Field

Still holding out hope for the GooglePlex!
Niner stadium

But, San Fran can get cold and wet. Plus, by the way, the NFL doesn't like to host the Super Bowl in cold markets.

Like New York?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

But, San Fran can get cold and wet. Plus, by the way, the NFL doesn't like to host the Super Bowl in cold markets.

Like New York?

...and in what world is the Bay Area a "cold market".
Share 49ersWebzone