LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the setting of this stadium reminds me of the rose bowl
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who's building this thing, Snails??

Love seeing the progress they are making on the stadium!
Originally posted by Beeker:

Right there where you can peek in.....that's where the 50 foot golden statues of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice should be.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I might be wrong, but I remember reading about it, non-expanded the new stadium has an even smaller capacity than Candlestick Park. I just wonder why aren't we building the biggest stadium in the NFL when we have a chance to ??

Also, why open air ? Just to keep its tradition ? I would have thought a cover stadium would be far louder for the visiting team and will give us the chance to get used to it when we have to play in really loud stadiums such as the Century Link.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I might be wrong, but I remember reading about it, non-expanded the new stadium has an even smaller capacity than Candlestick Park. I just wonder why aren't we building the biggest stadium in the NFL when we have a chance to ??

Also, why open air ? Just to keep its tradition ? I would have thought a cover stadium would be far louder for the visiting team and will give us the chance to get used to it when we have to play in really loud stadiums such as the Century Link.

Why build a bigger stadium? So we can end up like the Cowgirls and have a blackout in our hometown every game because there are 20,000 empty seats? 70k is plenty and bigger isn't always better. Just like with the Giants, AT&T park isn't the biggest park but it is easily one of the nicest and best to see a game at and as a result we sell out almost every game. Quality over quantity.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who's building this thing, Snails??

lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:

Why build a bigger stadium? So we can end up like the Cowgirls and have a blackout in our hometown every game because there are 20,000 empty seats? 70k is plenty and bigger isn't always better. Just like with the Giants, AT&T park isn't the biggest park but it is easily one of the nicest and best to see a game at and as a result we sell out almost every game. Quality over quantity.

This is California, we don't do domes here.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 10, 2013 at 4:55 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Hey, you don't have to tell me that. I couldn't stand an ugly eye sore of a dome anyway.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

I haven't noticed the Cowboys stadium having 20,000 empty seats. I happen to like their stadium, they have that bar overlooking the field with podiums for the dancers to perform. Besides, our season tickets are always sold out.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

But, San Fran can get cold and wet. Plus, by the way, the NFL doesn't like to host the Super Bowl in cold markets.
I haven't noticed the Cowboys stadium having 20,000 empty seats. I happen to like their stadium, they have that bar overlooking the field with podiums for the dancers to perform. Besides, our season tickets are always sold out.

may i suggest a strip club to watch the games if you prefer to stand by a bar w/ dancers performing when watching the game
But, San Fran can get cold and wet. Plus, by the way, the NFL doesn't like to host the Super Bowl in cold markets.

the stadium is in santa clara...do u even live in the area? seems you don't know the weather patterns
Originally posted by iLL49er:

the stadium is in santa clara...do u even live in the area? seems you don't know the weather patterns

ILL, it's very obvious he doesn't ... he's a Cowpukes fan.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
may i suggest a strip club to watch the games if you prefer to stand by a bar w/ dancers performing when watching the game

No, before the game or at half time you can. Is about the overall experience. Otherwise, you might as well just watch the game on TV.
Share 49ersWebzone