There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)

should be done for opening day
  • Happs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 595
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Santa Clara could get a new downtown-style entertainment district right across the street from the under-construction San Francisco 49ers Stadium.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/04/05/49ers-stadium-neighbor-massive.html?page=all

Wow.

Nice.

That'll change things supstantially. MORE hotels. MORE restraunts. MORE bars. Going to a game now will be totally different with places to eat and such all around the stadium.

Very nice.
Reminds me of the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. I was back there in 2006 and is was a very cool area. The Ravens and the Orioles have adjacent parks and the area has really built up/been renewed around them.

um. wow.

I was just thinking the exact. same. thing.

LOL.

My Father lives in Northern Virginia and we've been up to the Inner Harbor a few times. Took the boat out to see Fort McHenry a few years back (where the National Anthem was written).

We had a sales meeting in the old converted brick warehouse that is behind the right field fence. We could sit in our conference room and watch the groundskeepers preparing the field and the players go through their pre-game routine. It was very cool.

Santa Clara could create a major entertainment draw if they can get past all the enviro stuff that will have to be settled.

They should also build a parking lot on some of it since only the club seats get to park in the stadium/great america lot. Would be cool for tailgating or bar hopping. Would have your choice of either.

Hope it happens. Seems it would be a few years away from the stadium opening though. Maybe they could get a parking lot built sooner followed by the rest.
Originally posted by Happs:
They should also build a parking lot on some of it since only the club seats get to park in the stadium/great america lot. Would be cool for tailgating or bar hopping. Would have your choice of either.

Hope it happens. Seems it would be a few years away from the stadium opening though. Maybe they could get a parking lot built sooner followed by the rest.

Indeed, part of using that land will be for more parking. The 49ers have known all along 10K spots at GA wasn't near enough parking, and the "local office buildings" idea is simply that - and idea, a stop-gap if you will. It hasn't been stated yet, but it's a fair bet that the soccer fields get moved, too, for more "VIP" parking. It might not all happen before opening day 2014, but it will happen. I've long thought the golf course was in jeopardy, and that was BEFORE I knew it was a public/civic course. I'm sure there are far more intelligent people on this site, who live in the area, that have been thinking that golf course was toast since day one of the project becoming reality.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)


Won't be too much longer before Marvin can see his seats
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)


Won't be too much longer before Marvin can see his seats

You mean plastic seats? His precast risers are already in that pic.
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Santa Clara could get a new downtown-style entertainment district right across the street from the under-construction San Francisco 49ers Stadium.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/04/05/49ers-stadium-neighbor-massive.html?page=all

Wow.

Nice.

That'll change things supstantially. MORE hotels. MORE restraunts. MORE bars. Going to a game now will be totally different with places to eat and such all around the stadium.

Very nice.
Reminds me of the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. I was back there in 2006 and is was a very cool area. The Ravens and the Orioles have adjacent parks and the area has really built up/been renewed around them.

um. wow.

I was just thinking the exact. same. thing.

LOL.

My Father lives in Northern Virginia and we've been up to the Inner Harbor a few times. Took the boat out to see Fort McHenry a few years back (where the National Anthem was written).

We had a sales meeting in the old converted brick warehouse that is behind the right field fence. We could sit in our conference room and watch the groundskeepers preparing the field and the players go through their pre-game routine. It was very cool.

Santa Clara could create a major entertainment draw if they can get past all the enviro stuff that will have to be settled.

They should also build a parking lot on some of it since only the club seats get to park in the stadium/great america lot. Would be cool for tailgating or bar hopping. Would have your choice of either.

Hope it happens. Seems it would be a few years away from the stadium opening though. Maybe they could get a parking lot built sooner followed by the rest.

I'd bet real money that it's operational before Super Bowl L or LI.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)


Won't be too much longer before Marvin can see his seats

You mean plastic seats? His precast risers are already in that pic.

yup.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)


Won't be too much longer before Marvin can see his seats

You mean plastic seats? His precast risers are already in that pic.

yup.

Yes, I meant actual seats LOL
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Looks like they finally started the lower section precasts. ;-)


Won't be too much longer before Marvin can see his seats

You mean plastic seats? His precast risers are already in that pic.

yup.

Yes, I meant actual seats LOL

If it is anything like the Cowboys stadium those will be the very last thing installed.
Biggest question that I need answered...



Will there be cup holders?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Biggest question that I need answered...



Will there be cup holders?

Yes ..... look at your hands ... there they are!!!
who's building this thing, Snails??
Originally posted by susweel:
should be done for opening day

the setting of this stadium reminds me of the rose bowl