There are 154 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's not symmetrical.

If two sides were identical to each other, I think more people will like it.

Perhaps, bro GEEK, but some would say

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." -M. Hungerford

and

“Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds” -Walt Whitman

It is symmetrical if you mirror the stadium along the transverse axis rather than the longitudinal axis.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's not symmetrical.

If two sides were identical to each other, I think more people will like it.

Perhaps, bro GEEK, but some would say

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." -M. Hungerford

and

“Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds” -Walt Whitman

It is symmetrical if you mirror the stadium along the transverse axis rather than the longitudinal axis.

bingo!
is there another theme park in the area? i been coming from out of state for a few years via the airport, bart, taxi what ever but this year i visited someone in sacramento and drove down for a game and drove past a theme park that does not resemble what i had thought where we were going into. first issue being, i don't think i drove thru the south bay to get to the game...

all that said, candlestick is a dump...i live in az and i went for whatever niner game i could go to at asu stadium when the cardys were there and that stadium beats candlestick. i graduated from uofa down in tucson and that stadium beats candlestick...i am not doing backflips over the new design but anything, absolutely anything would be better then candlestick...and in saying that, i am saying it in the vein of removing one's self from the history that place holds in all our hearts...

if real estate and team's financial health dictates we have to move to santa clara and have a half bleeped stadium to be relevant again, so be it...the bottom line in any stadium irregardless of its bells and whistles are its luxury suites. its where the team makes money and man oh man can candlestick not have crap for luxury suites...i will never consciously decide to sit in one wheather i can afford it or not but i do know thats what pays the bills so half bleeped or not, build it and i will come....so will all of you....
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
In my opinion the asymmetry of the design gives it character. Of the new stadiums going up, this is my favorite and I say that completely objectively. The new stadiums in Arizona, Dallas, and NY with their superfluous retractable roofs, shopping malls, glitter concrete, etc do nothing for me despite their billion dollar price tags.

Our stadium is unapologetic about being outdoors and in the elements. Plus, I think it is badass that the 49er headquarters and practice facility are attached, and I personally love that I don't have to go into SF to get to it.

It screams, "This is a football stadium and football will be played here."

[ Edited by the_woad on Jun 5, 2009 at 23:45:13 ]
Originally posted by ssahnan:
is there another theme park in the area? i been coming from out of state for a few years via the airport, bart, taxi what ever but this year i visited someone in sacramento and drove down for a game and drove past a theme park that does not resemble what i had thought where we were going into. first issue being, i don't think i drove thru the south bay to get to the game...

Most likely, you drove by this:
http://www.sixflags.com/discoveryKingdom/index.aspx
Originally posted by 09etihW:

i've got to rediscover my perspective on it then...i thought that six flags location was sweet, well as much as you could like it by driving by it ont he freeway...jeez, how the heck does northern cali support two theme parks?

i've got to rediscover my perspective on it then...i thought that six flags location was sweet, well as much as you could like it by driving by it ont he freeway...jeez, how the heck does northern cali support two theme parks?

they both suck now, or maybe it's just more fun when you're a kid
Originally posted by teeohh:

they both suck now, or maybe it's just more fun when you're a kid

so how much of a car drive is it from candlestick to the new location? how far from downtown sf? still fine with the choice, need a new home bigtime....candlestick is way too ghetto, who the heck has a stadium anymore that doesnt have local retail bars and shops close by? i hate the cardinals and frankly i think the new stadium looks like a can of tuna fish with the label peeled off but the local offerings next to it are stellar and frankly before that stadium, alls it was, was farming land...now for those that live on the west side of town, its a definitive place to kick it without driving over to my side in scottsdale
Anyone see the front page article? Jed talks about Oakland a place if santa clara doesn't work.

thats retarded, even if that was an option , he shouldn't have said that to the public
Yea i dont want to get shot at everytime i take my family to a niner game in oakland
wtf I just stopped listening to this interview with him: http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/8272.mp3

where he spends almost 5 minutes talking about renovating candlestick if santa clara doesn't work out.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=20366

Share 49ersWebzone