Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by area49:
it's already rusting away....cheap chinese materials...just move to LA already

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

lol damn bro..... Next thing will be pics of the upper deck collapsing. I hope that is just poop somebody rubbed on that beam.... lol
Originally posted by BayArea:
lol damn bro..... Next thing will be pics of the upper deck collapsing. I hope that is just poop somebody rubbed on that beam.... lol

The steel hasn't been painted yet. That's a thin coat of sealer, not paint.
Area49 lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'll just keep buying my Sunday Ticket. Maybe some day I can win the lottery and actually come to a game. By the rich, for the rich...

Where do you live?

Iowa
Originally posted by BayArea:

Those areas will be sandblasted and painted. No damage there.
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?

Yes! It was called Kezar Stadium.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:

Yes! It was called Kezar Stadium.

He's a seahawk fan. He don't know about kezar. lol

Pics like this always amaze me. The things man can construct when they have a blueprint and a bunch of bodies is incredible. And these stadiums go from a dirt lot to architectural masterpiece in just a couple years.

I think the same things when I see stuff like the Golden Gate Bridge or the Empire State Building. Its amazing what precise mathematical design and building materials can produce.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Pics like this always amaze me. The things man can construct when they have a blueprint and a bunch of bodies is incredible. And these stadiums go from a dirt lot to architectural masterpiece in just a couple years.

I think the same things when I see stuff like the Golden Gate Bridge or the Empire State Building. Its amazing what precise mathematical design and building materials can produce.

when did they start constuction-less than a year ago?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
when did they start constuction-less than a year ago?

Started last April.

lol you had me there for a minute, I was thinking "Damn, I'm sure I had banned that dude...."
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What's the deal with that steel beam rusting so fast?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
What's the deal with that steel beam rusting so fast?

That's a common thing during construction. It's just a small layer of oxidation and it has nothing to do with whether the steel is from China or the U.S.A. When the structure is complete, they go over everything with sanders and then apply a layer of primer to fix the entire surface before applying the final paint.