LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
What's the deal with that steel beam rusting so fast?

That's a common thing during construction. It's just a small layer of oxidation and it has nothing to do with whether the steel is from China or the U.S.A. When the structure is complete, they go over everything with sanders and then apply a layer of primer to fix the entire surface before applying the final paint.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by mayo49:
What's the deal with that steel beam rusting so fast?

That's a common thing during construction. It's just a small layer of oxidation and it has nothing to do with whether the steel is from China or the U.S.A. When the structure is complete, they go over everything with sanders and then apply a layer of primer to fix the entire surface before applying the final paint.

Good, I thought we got some cheap material or something.
lol.. area49
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
lol.. area49

lol.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?

Yes! It was called Kezar Stadium.

He's a seahawk fan. He don't know about kezar. lol

Kezar Stadium, home to the 49ers from 1960 to 1971, playing the last NFL game there in 1971 against the Dallas Cowboys, a playoff game. Amazing what the Google machine can tell you. Interesting that the Oakland Raiders played at Candlestick before the 49ers did, wouldn't have guessed that.

btw, I didn't know because I'm not a San Francisco fan, not because I'm a Seahawks fan, there is a difference. Ass.
Am I the only person who'll be weirded out seeing the 49ers play home games in a stadium actually designed for football? Has that ever happened?

Kezar Stadium, home to the 49ers from 1960 to 1971, playing the last NFL game there in 1971 against the Dallas Cowboys, a playoff game. Amazing what the Google machine can tell you. Interesting that the Oakland Raiders played at Candlestick before the 49ers did, wouldn't have guessed that.

btw, I didn't know because I'm not a San Francisco fan, not because I'm a Seahawks fan, there is a difference. Ass.

@NavyHawk

With that handle, you'll have to excuse anyone around here mistaking you for a Seahawks fan. That should be pretty obvious to you.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Iowa

GO HAWKS!!! Damn hoosiers!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

being a Seahawks fan means you're not an SF fan. so, yes, it is the same thing. and there is no need to attack another poster. what he said was completely true.
Hard to believe they have gone so far so fast. As for the design, it is just lovely and doesn't remind me of jerry jones and his "rocket ship with jaws" stadium, which i find to be particularly ugly. Beautfiul inside, but outside it is ugly. A couple of the new downtown stadiums are ok, but not to my liking. The "Thing" in the desert, AZ, just looks like an afterthought. Our stadium allows one to see mountains from one perspective, and fits in with California laid back style perfectly. Good on Jeb, the DeBartolos, architects, and builders. SB there in a few short yrs, and it would be nice if we hosted it with the 49ers as the participants..and winners. Hopefully we will have a SB or two before that, with good fortune.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

Shots from inside 49ers' new stadium http://es.pn/Zet6Iz
Originally posted by Jcool:

the one showing the suite is nice !

Very nice pics!

personal attack.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers

The view from the #SCStadium suite tower. http://instagram.com/p/WNtIF5CenF/

Excellent photo. Good to see the lower bowl structural looks to be almost complete. In fact, I think I see where Marvin's seats are!!!!!!

I can see where my seats will go in that pic!

where are your seats?
Share 49ersWebzone