LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chavez49er255:

there are 26 pages in this thread and most of them are devoted to arguing whether or not the new stadium is beautiful.

ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE.

just as long as the place has a football field, seats, and the 49ers im happy.

is anyone with me??

Hell yea! Just build the stadium so our lovely 49ers can play and we can enjoy!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
All the details you could ever want about the design of the new Santa Clara Stadium...

It looks like they actually moved the site tho. It was supposed to be on the other side of that creek (the treeline in the lower left of the first pic). They moved it right next to the existing 49ers Facility....4949 Centennial. It now looks like one big complex.

I know there are alot of people who don't like it because it kinda bland, but I personally like it. It reminds me of Lincoln Financial in Philli.

Below is the presentation to the city.

http://santaclaraca.gov/pdf/collateral/49ers-20080813-Project-Description.pdf

Absolutely beautiful, I wish the 9ers every luck in finishing this deal
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Anyone and everyone who has been to the stick for a game will really appreciate this image. This is the plan of the man concourse. Look at how BIG and OPEN it is. The stick is narrow crowded and you are walled away from the field.

ok, I have to ask.. what the HELL is the concourse?
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Really??

It's that big open area everyone circulates in with the bathrooms and concessions. The stick really doesn't even have a proper one, so this could be part of the confusion.

there are 26 pages in this thread and most of them are devoted to arguing whether or not the new stadium is beautiful.

ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE.

just as long as the place has a football field, seats, BEER and the 49ers im happy.

is anyone with me??

Fixed it for ya!
Originally posted by DJD:

Really??

It's that big open area everyone circulates in with the bathrooms and concessions. The stick really doesn't even have a proper one, so this could be part of the confusion.

oh, so that is what that is called? I just considered that like the walkway type of thing. didnt know its specific name. So this stadium wont have cement walls blocking the view, right? is that what I'm reading?
the stadium is'nt ugly... But, it does'nt look like 900+ million dollars at all..

Really??

oh, so that is what that is called? I just considered that like the walkway type of thing. didnt know its specific name. So this stadium wont have cement walls blocking the view, right? is that what I'm reading?

Correct. It also means that it wil have WIDE concourses on multiple levels with views of the field.

ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE.

just as long as the place has a football field, seats, and the 49ers im happy.

is anyone with me??

I agree.. Plus, as old and broke down the stick may be.. i still enjoy the fog and the swiring winds.. the stick feels like football, nothing pretty.. just f*ing football..Prissy 49ers fans is not a good look

Really??

Correct. It also means that it wil have WIDE concourses on multiple levels with views of the field.

Seriously, this is one awesome aspect of the design...no more looking at 19 in monitors at the concession stands for updates. Instead, just turn around and see what is happening before your very eyes while you wait for that order of beer and garlic fries!

Now that is what I am talkin' 'bout!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Really??

Seriously, this is one awesome aspect of the design...no more looking at 19 in monitors at the concession stands for updates. Instead, just turn around and see what is happening before your very eyes while you wait for that order of beer and garlic fries!

Now that is what I am talkin' 'bout!!!!

i think they still mite those moniters up at the new stadium.. hopefully big LCD's.
  • JaaDogg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Xestenz:

I hate the Cardinal stadium because:
1. It's ugly
2. It's exterior design is all about FORM FOR THE SAKE OF FORM.

Our proposed new stadium is:
1. Beautiful
2. It's exterior design is a result of it's intended function.
3. It will blow the Cardinal stadium out of the water in terms of gameday experience.

You sited Gillette stadium as something you liked. Why is it so much better?

I didn't cite Gillette Stadium as one that I liked - was refuting another poster who claimed it lacked distinctiveness. It is, in fact, on the blander end of the newer stadiums.

What excactly, in your opinion, is beautiful about the proposed 49ers design? (Other than it looks like it will actually be built?) It is just a bowl of seats with a Marriott Hotel on one side.

The Cards stadium might be ugly on the outside, but if your argument is that the gameday fan experience is most important then this stadium should be a favorite of yours.

Sitting in a giant tin can of recycled air is NOT my idea of a great gameday experience.

Modern. Pefectly suited for it's use and location. Open. Steel and Glass. Not ornamental. Innovative. Green.

Now, what is YOUR example of a beautiful stadium?

Don't go and stay at home. I'll take your ticket.

That is what I am saying... When we were the greatest franchise on the planet we played in one of the worst stadiums on the planet. All I am saying is better late then never. I dont need a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" stadium. I want a new stadium that reps the area and the team. Clean, sophisticated and the true look meaning of wut the future holds. Feel free to pass your tickets my way and maybe they can do something closed circuit at the stick for you guys who wanna stay there....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's not symmetrical.

If two sides were identical to each other, I think more people will like it.
Originally posted by JaaDogg:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by Xestenz:

I hate the Cardinal stadium because:
1. It's ugly
2. It's exterior design is all about FORM FOR THE SAKE OF FORM.

Our proposed new stadium is:
1. Beautiful
2. It's exterior design is a result of it's intended function.
3. It will blow the Cardinal stadium out of the water in terms of gameday experience.

You sited Gillette stadium as something you liked. Why is it so much better?

I didn't cite Gillette Stadium as one that I liked - was refuting another poster who claimed it lacked distinctiveness. It is, in fact, on the blander end of the newer stadiums.

What excactly, in your opinion, is beautiful about the proposed 49ers design? (Other than it looks like it will actually be built?) It is just a bowl of seats with a Marriott Hotel on one side.

The Cards stadium might be ugly on the outside, but if your argument is that the gameday fan experience is most important then this stadium should be a favorite of yours.

Sitting in a giant tin can of recycled air is NOT my idea of a great gameday experience.

Modern. Pefectly suited for it's use and location. Open. Steel and Glass. Not ornamental. Innovative. Green.

Now, what is YOUR example of a beautiful stadium?

Don't go and stay at home. I'll take your ticket.

That is what I am saying... When we were the greatest franchise on the planet we played in one of the worst stadiums on the planet. All I am saying is better late then never. I dont need a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" stadium. I want a new stadium that reps the area and the team. Clean, sophisticated and the true look meaning of wut the future holds. Feel free to pass your tickets my way and maybe they can do something closed circuit at the stick for you guys who wanna stay there....

Sure - just take whatever this ownership gives you. With that attitude, you are likely happy with the product on the field the past few years as well, no?

I think the stadium could have been much better, has nothing to do with my pride or love of the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone