There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by goodthings19:
Make fun of me if you want but I wish I had the spare change to buy one of those bricks. It would be cool to bring my kids to the stadium one day and show them that our family name is part of the stadium. Cool concept in my opinion.

did the 49ers tell you where your brick might be placed?
Niners don't need glitz...they need an open air, state-of-the art stadium, which is exactly what they're getting. What have either AZ or Dallas won lately? NOTHING!!
That is a perfect stadium for the 49ers. Outdoors trumps fancy indoor facility 9 times out of 10, football is meant to be enjoyed outside. I think the personality of the franchise would be adversely effected if they went from a traditional field like the Stick to some crappy dome, no matter how nice.
Originally posted by Fadetoblack:
That is a perfect stadium for the 49ers. Outdoors trumps fancy indoor facility 9 times out of 10, football is meant to be enjoyed outside. I think the personality of the franchise would be adversely effected if they went from a traditional field like the Stick to some crappy dome, no matter how nice.

Although I agree with the idea of an outdoor stadium, the advantage a dome stadium would offer us is the ability to amplify crowd noise. Lets be honest with ourselves. We dont exactly have the most vocal fanbase, and Ive never heard of any non-Niner player/team fear coming to Candlestick to play us. Im hoping the new stadium design will help "contain" the crowd noise within the stadium, making it tougher for opposite teams to play here. Supposedly the design team took all this into account.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:

Although I agree with the idea of an outdoor stadium, the advantage a dome stadium would offer us is the ability to amplify crowd noise. Lets be honest with ourselves. We dont exactly have the most vocal fanbase, and Ive never heard of any non-Niner player/team fear coming to Candlestick to play us. Im hoping the new stadium design will help "contain" the crowd noise within the stadium, making it tougher for opposite teams to play here. Supposedly the design team took all this into account.

I hear you on the crowd noise, but you don't build a dome in one of the most desirable climates in the entire world. Domes are for places that are crazy hot, and crazy cold.

The bay area might be the best weather city in football outside SD. A dome would be a terrible atmosphere. Weve been pretty successful without all the crowd noise over the years, so i think itll be fine.

Crowd noise is overrated. Seahawks, Cards, Lions, Vikings, Rams, Falcons, Saints, Texans, Colts, Chiefs, Cowboys, etc. All have domes or really loud crowds. In the last 17 years, they have a combined 3 SB titles.
^^^^This
Seattle doesn't have a dome. They have large sound reflecting ceiling over the crowd that direct noise straight to the field.

edit: sorry, you probably meant the kingdome.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM ]
seattles ghey
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seattles ghey

lol
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Seattle doesn't have a dome. They have large sound reflecting ceiling over the crowd that direct noise straight to the field.

Still though. - that same design is happening for the 49ers stadium I believe. I wish I had a link but I remember reading it somewhere
Originally posted by thuglife619:

through Pete Carroll's windshield hopefully
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by thuglife619:

through Pete Carroll's windshield hopefully

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Still though. - that same design is happening for the 49ers stadium I believe. I wish I had a link but I remember reading it somewhere

People assume that only a dome can create a lot of noise. A dome is a guaranteed way of making the stadium loud, but acoustics are not as simple as people think. Our stadium has a chance to be very loud with the way its designed.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]

Well look at Seattle they have an open air and it is bar none the loudest stadium in the NFL. Our stadium is designed similar. It wont be as loud as Seattle's but it will be leaps and bound louder than the baseball stadium we play in now.