LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by Fadetoblack:
That is a perfect stadium for the 49ers. Outdoors trumps fancy indoor facility 9 times out of 10, football is meant to be enjoyed outside. I think the personality of the franchise would be adversely effected if they went from a traditional field like the Stick to some crappy dome, no matter how nice.

Although I agree with the idea of an outdoor stadium, the advantage a dome stadium would offer us is the ability to amplify crowd noise. Lets be honest with ourselves. We dont exactly have the most vocal fanbase, and Ive never heard of any non-Niner player/team fear coming to Candlestick to play us. Im hoping the new stadium design will help "contain" the crowd noise within the stadium, making it tougher for opposite teams to play here. Supposedly the design team took all this into account.

Well look at Seattle they have an open air and it is bar none the loudest stadium in the NFL. Our stadium is designed similar. It wont be as loud as Seattle's but it will be leaps and bound louder than the baseball stadium we play in now.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
did the 49ers tell you where your brick might be placed?

through Pete Carroll's windshield hopefully

Lol
any new pics?
I love it, like it and sus, sorry bud, but that piece of spaceship krap they call a stadium in dallas looks like area 51...any aliens around. Be a helluva game. I love seeing the mountains thru one end zone, framing the video. I love the openness and I like the fact that it doesn't look like an alien took a lighted dump on jerry jones rocket ship. Ours looks like a well thot out wonderful park to go see a game. Dallas's stadium mirrors their team. Been to playoffs once in 15 yrs and then bombed out. That is what their stadium looks like, sorry sus.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by Fadetoblack:
That is a perfect stadium for the 49ers. Outdoors trumps fancy indoor facility 9 times out of 10, football is meant to be enjoyed outside. I think the personality of the franchise would be adversely effected if they went from a traditional field like the Stick to some crappy dome, no matter how nice.

Although I agree with the idea of an outdoor stadium, the advantage a dome stadium would offer us is the ability to amplify crowd noise. Lets be honest with ourselves. We dont exactly have the most vocal fanbase, and Ive never heard of any non-Niner player/team fear coming to Candlestick to play us. Im hoping the new stadium design will help "contain" the crowd noise within the stadium, making it tougher for opposite teams to play here. Supposedly the design team took all this into account.

2/3 of the seating is in the lower bowl. Think about the noise that will be generated from the East side of the stadium reverberating off the West side suite wall!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Seattle doesn't have a dome. They have large sound reflecting ceiling over the crowd that direct noise straight to the field.

edit: sorry, you probably meant the kingdome.

Still though. - that same design is happening for the 49ers stadium I believe. I wish I had a link but I remember reading it somewhere

2/3 of the seating is in the lower bowl. Think about the noise that will be generated from the East side of the stadium reverberating off the West side suite wall!
Originally posted by Beeker:
Seattle doesn't have a dome. They have large sound reflecting ceiling over the crowd that direct noise straight to the field.

Still though. - that same design is happening for the 49ers stadium I believe. I wish I had a link but I remember reading it somewhere

Exactly! We won't be the loudest stadium in the league but we will be in the top 1/3 as opposed the bottom 1/3 that we currently rank.
In all honesty I don't really care about having a loud stadium. It would be nice, but I'm not tripping on it.

All the teams I've seen who have that kind of advantage at home seem to have issues on the road when they DON'T have that advantage.

Look at Seattle. Atlanta. They are tigers at home and kittens on the road.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
In all honesty I don't really care about having a loud stadium. It would be nice, but I'm not tripping on it.

All the teams I've seen who have that kind of advantage at home seem to have issues on the road when they DON'T have that advantage.

An interesting point. I wonder how much those teams road woes is because of the drop off in fan support and how much of it is because of bad coaching/player toughness?
Originally posted by goodthings19:

An interesting point. I wonder how much those teams road woes is because of the drop off in fan support and how much of it is because of bad coaching/player toughness?

I think it's because those teams aren't as good as their record would indicate.

The home advantage is good for an extera win or 2 every year but when they get into the playoffs they don't get that advantage all the way through. When those teams have to play one of the big boys without the crowd behind them they crumble.

There is a reason why up until the Colts won a few years ago that no team that plays its home games in a dome had ever won the Super Bowl. Now I believe the Colts and Saints have, but that's it.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM ]

Originally posted by goodthings19:

The home advantage is good for an extera win or 2 every year but when they get into the playoffs they don't get that advantage all the way through. When those teams have to play one of the big boys without the crowd behind them they crumble.

There is a reason why up until the Colts won a few years ago that no team that plays its home games in a dome had ever won the Super Bowl. Now I believe the Colts and Saints have, but that's it.

Very true. And let's be honest, the Saints won that Super Bowl with a lot a smoke and mirrors. I do agree with the theory that a loud dome can spoil a team and make them less effective on the road. With that being said I think that the new Santa Clara stadium will be one of the louder outdoor stadiums in the league. This of course will be primarily do to the fact that more fans will be closer to the field than any other NFL venue.

We will be loud enough to make things more difficult on the opposing offense. Not so loud that we will be notorious for noise (Seattle, New Orleans)
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Feb 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:

There's a college stadium that has a similar design as the new SC stadium, with the suites all in one tower on one side of the field. I forget where it's at, but we talked about it somewhere in this thread. The fans of that team seem to think that the sound dissipates instead of amplifying on the tower. Granted I don't think that other stadium concentrated the majority of the fans in the lower bowl like SC, but its something to think about. We'll just have to wait and see how it actully sounds when the stadium is filled and rocking.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
There's a college stadium that has a similar design as the new SC stadium, with the suites all in one tower on one side of the field. I forget where it's at, but we talked about it somewhere in this thread. The fans of that team seem to think that the sound dissipates instead of amplifying on the tower. Granted I don't think that other stadium concentrated the majority of the fans in the lower bowl like SC, but its something to think about. We'll just have to wait and see how it actully sounds when the stadium is filled and rocking.

Good points, Stoney. and BTW, I went through the PS thread last night - you rock, dude! I look forward to seeing more of your work there soon!!

Corndogs, anyone?

Um the 1999-2000 Rams?
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

Um the 1999-2000 Rams?

oops...but they only won one of those.
Share 49ersWebzone