LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Do those mountains in the background get snow in the winter like socal does?

That's a negative, ghostrider.

Mission Peak, the peaks on Mount Hamilton and most of the other peaks around that area get snow almost every year and sometimes it sticks for a few weeks.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Do those mountains in the background get snow in the winter like socal does?

That's a negative, ghostrider.

Mission Peak, the peaks on Mount Hamilton and most of the other peaks around that area get snow almost every year and sometimes it sticks for a few weeks.

I know. Most people don't realize that though because it's not easy to see those peaks, and in the winter, clouds, fog etc obstruct the view.
Most natives don't even realize the historical significance of the Mount Hamilton observatory.
I drove by the stadium today and it's HUGE!!!!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I know. Most people don't realize that though because it's not easy to see those peaks, and in the winter, clouds, fog etc obstruct the view.
Most natives don't even realize the historical significance of the Mount Hamilton observatory.

I commuted from West San Jose to downtown and worked in a high rise with sweeping views of the east foothills for many years. The peaks are lovely when snow-capped.
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
I drove by the stadium today and it's HUGE!!!!!

It does dominate the area. Not much else is more than a few stories tall in that area.
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

[ Edited by susweel on May 29, 2009 at 11:28:31 ]

Domes suck balls I prefer our spread out open air stadium any day. f**k those eye sores you posted.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

Domes suck balls I prefer our spread out open air stadium any day. f**k those eye sores you posted.

Yeah I've been to that stadium in az. It looks like a big can of tuna. That picture does a wonderful job of making it look cooler than it is.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yeah I've been to that stadium in az. It looks like a big can of tuna. That picture does a wonderful job of making it look cooler than it is.

Yup, that stadium in AZ is NOT that cool at all. Ugly as hell irl, it looks very "cheap" from the highway, and the inside is very warehouse like according to a few AZ fans I knew when I lived there.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by WINiner:
Yup, that stadium in AZ is NOT that cool at all. Ugly as hell irl, it looks very "cheap" from the highway, and the inside is very warehouse like according to a few AZ fans I knew when I lived there.

repost .......
For the record - living in Phoenix, and having been to UoP stadium several times, the place is not as nice as you think. First, the design for the outside SUCKS. It's supposed to resemble a coiled snake???? The interior is dark, except in the field area. The upper deck corners suck for watching a game. The only really "cool" thing about this stadium is the roll out field. As far as Jimmy's Palace in Arlington goes - no thanks. Too many issues from the moment it opened. The new 49ers stadium is a model of designed in and purpose built Silicon Valley tech and environmental advances. The game day experience for fans will be better than at any other stadium in America. Want to take your tablet to the game and watch replays? Want to be able to choose a camera angle to watch? Want to have free wifi for whatever reason? All built in to the new stadium. Solar panels? Yeah. it has 'em - even on top of the 3 pedestrian bridges from the Great America lot to the stadium. The design makes it so that the stadium will actually be energy neutral - what is uses on game days, it generates in kind when the stadium is not in use. It should be LEED certified - first stadium in the U.S. to achieve that distinction. 2/3 of the seating is in the lower bowl. Think about the noise that will be generated from the East side of the stadium reverberating off the West side suite wall! The Seachicks ain't got NUTTIN' on us!
Of their first 39 games at University of Pheonix Stadium the roof was open for 11 of them. Cardinals fans are pussies.

Of their first 39 games at University of Pheonix Stadium the roof was open for 11 of them. Cardinals fans are pussies.

Couldn't agree more. THey still pine for Kurt Warner, and you should have heard them when they started the year 4-0 LMAO
Originally posted by Beeker:

Couldn't agree more. THey still pine for Kurt Warner, and you should have heard them when they started the year 4-0 LMAO

LOL trust me when I say these people thought they had the best team in the NFC. I had a buddy of mine say "We could be 7-0 when we play you guys. It could be for rights to the division!"

When I went to the game here in AZ and the Niners romped them, one depressed Cardinal fan said to another, "Remember when we were 4-0?". The team just lost their 4th in a row at that point.
Here's your chance to literally be part of the San Francisco 49ers new stadium: And it'll only cost you a couple hundred bucks.

Santa Clara officials on Friday said the 49ers will begin selling "commemorative bricks" that will be installed throughout the $1.2 stadium slated to open in 2014. Fans can inscribe their names and messages on the bricks.

The bricks are expected to go on sale on March 1, and will cost $175 to $375 depending on size and the length of inscription on the brick. The year-long sales campaign is expected to raise $2.5 to $3 million, with the proceeds going toward funding ongoing construction of the stadium.

Other bricks can be bought for fans to keep -- and come with their own display cases.

Make fun of me if you want but I wish I had the spare change to buy one of those bricks. It would be cool to bring my kids to the stadium one day and show them that our family name is part of the stadium. Cool concept in my opinion.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Make fun of me if you want but I wish I had the spare change to buy one of those bricks. It would be cool to bring my kids to the stadium one day and show them that our family name is part of the stadium. Cool concept in my opinion.

what they should have done is include this brick with the SBLs !
Share 49ersWebzone