There are 160 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has anyone gone by the construction site yet?
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Has anyone gone by the construction site yet?

Yeah...I took the tour.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/125047-new-stadium-pics-info-added-tour/page237/search=stadium

A number of pics on that page and more from my friend who came with me on the next.
this is crazy.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this is crazy.

?
Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Again, as I was told....that is only for Club Seat Holders (and I don't even think thats ALL the club seat holders either. That's not for every seat in the stadium.

If you are correct that would be awesome, but thats not how I was told it works.

"All seats that are sellable will include an SBL, a one-time payment that gives buyers control of their seats for 49ers games and is good for the life of the building. SBL owners will receive priority access to purchase tickets for other events at the new stadium as well."

I thought this meant superbowls too but looking at it using common sense I can see that it probably doesn't...DAMN YOU LOGIC! lol I guess I was just too juiced getting the ticekts and misheard my rep...lol

There will be a number of events that your SBL will give you rights to, but I think it states somewhere in the contract that Super Bowls are not on that list. I heard somewhere that there may be a lottery for people to get the option to buy seats, but that may just be for the lower tier Club Seats. I think the 80K seats automatically get the right to buy SB tickets.

The contract states that we do not have rights to any other NFL games other than 49ers games. So basically if the raiders play here or if there is a SB, we won't get those tickets.

Rights? No. But there will be lotteries. If I understand Superbowl lotteries correctly, season ticket holders at the stadium the Superbowl is hosted at are entered in a lottery for tickets....as well as there being lotteries for season ticket holders of the two teams being represented in the game. So if the 49ers make the Superbowl when it is actually IN Santa Clara, us season ticket holders will be entered into two lotteries for tickets.

Correct? Marv? lol
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Again, as I was told....that is only for Club Seat Holders (and I don't even think thats ALL the club seat holders either. That's not for every seat in the stadium.

If you are correct that would be awesome, but thats not how I was told it works.

"All seats that are sellable will include an SBL, a one-time payment that gives buyers control of their seats for 49ers games and is good for the life of the building. SBL owners will receive priority access to purchase tickets for other events at the new stadium as well."

I thought this meant superbowls too but looking at it using common sense I can see that it probably doesn't...DAMN YOU LOGIC! lol I guess I was just too juiced getting the ticekts and misheard my rep...lol

There will be a number of events that your SBL will give you rights to, but I think it states somewhere in the contract that Super Bowls are not on that list. I heard somewhere that there may be a lottery for people to get the option to buy seats, but that may just be for the lower tier Club Seats. I think the 80K seats automatically get the right to buy SB tickets.

The contract states that we do not have rights to any other NFL games other than 49ers games. So basically if the raiders play here or if there is a SB, we won't get those tickets.

Rights? No. But there will be lotteries. If I understand Superbowl lotteries correctly, season ticket holders at the stadium the Superbowl is hosted at are entered in a lottery for tickets....as well as there being lotteries for season ticket holders of the two teams being represented in the game. So if the 49ers make the Superbowl when it is actually IN Santa Clara, us season ticket holders will be entered into two lotteries for tickets.

Correct? Marv? lol

I only heard there might be a lottery, but I hadn't heard any of those details.
Yeah...I took the tour.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/125047-new-stadium-pics-info-added-tour/page237/search=stadium

A number of pics on that page and more from my friend who came with me on the next.

Nice! I was going to go down last weekend but some kid with a learner's permit drove up the front of my parked Acura Tl like he was a monster truck...completely destroyed it!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Correct? Marv? lol

I only heard there might be a lottery, but I hadn't heard any of those details.

I think each team gets like 12,000 ticekts for the Superbowl, that is for families, employees and their season ticket holders right?
There's still sweet club seats available in Section 113, all you need is about $160k for two PSL's.
How did they exist before PSLs? Cities built the stadiums. Teams were just tenants.

Cities (especially in California) don't do that anymore. Teams charge FANS for PSLs/SBLs because tax dollars are no longer an option. Did you think that teams always used to privately finance stadiums? That has never been the case.

I am not sure that I would call the deal private financing. Teams charge the license fee because they can get it.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM ]

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am not sure that I would call the deal private financing. Teams charge the license fee because they can get it.

The team doesn't get any of the SBL money. It is basically paying back the city.
How did they exist before PSLs? Cities built the stadiums. Teams were just tenants.

Cities (especially in California) don't do that anymore. Teams charge FANS for PSLs/SBLs because tax dollars are no longer an option. Did you think that teams always used to privately finance stadiums? That has never been the case.

Privately funded just means "not publically funded". IE, not built with Taxpayer money. SBLs would count as private financing. Cities don't want to foot the bill anymore. NFL teams have been turning to PSLs/SBLs for years now to get these buildings built. I don't understand why peeps are so surprised. It isn't like it was ever going to be some other way.

In fact, the SBLs are cheaper than I thought they would be for standard seats.

Your issue as that teams charge the money "because they can get it"? Uh...welcome to capitolism. Thats kinda true of everything ever.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

The team doesn't get any of the SBL money. It is basically paying back the city.

Or more accurately, the Stadium Authority which pays off the building loan. You are correct tho.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

I thought they were paying Santa Clara back the $850 million with $30 million per year payments but now I see that they are going to let Santa Clara use the SBL (but not the suite money) to pay off the $450 million that the city owes by 2015.

Privately funded just means "not publically funded". IE, not built with Taxpayer money. SBLs would count as private financing. Cities don't want to foot the bill anymore. NFL teams have been turning to PSLs/SBLs for years now to get these buildings built. I don't understand why peeps are so surprised. It isn't like it was ever going to be some other way.

In fact, the SBLs are cheaper than I thought they would be for standard seats.

Your issue as that teams charge the money "because they can get it"? Uh...welcome to capitolism. Thats kinda true of everything ever.

I like the fact that it that the city has a decent chance to eventually recoup most of the money that it borrowed to build the stadium but it isn't privately financed like Pac Bell was privately financed.
I have no problem with capitalism or with owners charging as much as the market will bear. $2k isn't all that bad for upper deck between the 30s tickets. If I was interested in watching that many games in the stadium I would have scraped it together and made it happen but I prefer to watch NFL games on television.
I guess this should just be merged with the original stadium thread now. lol

And just to ad, I asked my rep when I signed the contracts all about non 49er game events. The only thing we are not guaranteed is Super Bowl tix and Olympic tix. Everything else we will have first dibs on to get a seat. Not all events will guarantee you your exact seat. Some events may use the stadium in different ways. If they have a concert there and you're on the endzone behind the stage, they obviously won't expect you to sit behind the stage. You would then be relocated to a different section. All of this being available before the general public gets a chance to buy. I imagine there will be a list formed at the start of the year and you need to decide ahead of time what you plan to purchase.
Share 49ersWebzone