LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I say again, lol, calm down. Business wise, there are worse decisions.

But we aren't involved with the business side. We are just the fans. It would suck to drive by stadium and see it decked out in Raiders colours because they are home that week.

Forget that. Raiders can go to LA.

Do you want your team to be successful? Do you go to games? Do you buy merchandise? Then you are involved with the business because you are a consumer if the product. You want your team to be successful on and off the field and ensure they last. In that sense, having the Raiders as a co-Tennant wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides, it's the Raiders fans that have to stomach the stadium being red gold, and white.

So I say again, calm down.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Lot of talk lately about sharing with the Raiders.

On 95.7 the game they did a segment (and I have always felt that station is more pro Raider than 49er) on it and the hosts were loving the idea of the Raiders coming into our stadium, pulling down the 49er logos, etc and throwing up the black and grey. It made me sick. No way in hell I want the Raiders sharing our stadium. Even if they do kick in and rebate some of my PSL (which we all know won't happen anyway).

Lol, made you sick. Calm down.

Actually I would say that his reaction was appropriate. Makes me sick as well. 49ers fans stand nothing to gain by sharing the SC Stadium with the Raiders.

Sure they do....

Raiders pay RENT and fans will pay for SBLs. You don't think the Niners will pocket a significant amount of that money? Where does that money go? ALOT of it will be ON THE FIELD in signing bonuses, etc. Thats what getting the new stadium is about to begin with...new revenue streams.

I would rather the Raiders got their own place or moved to LA, but the Niners do have something to gain from sharing the stadium.

Why would it be a good business choice?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sure they do....

Raiders pay RENT and fans will pay for SBLs. You don't think the Niners will pocket a significant amount of that money? Where does that money go? ALOT of it will be ON THE FIELD in signing bonuses, etc. Thats what getting the new stadium is about to begin with...new revenue streams.

I would rather the Raiders got their own place or moved to LA, but the Niners do have something to gain from sharing the stadium.

Our SBL's don't go to the 49ers they go to the Stadium Authority. The 49ers don't own the stadium so we won't get the rent money. Unless it lowers our rent there isn't a ton of incentive.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Let me ask this question: is there 2 Silver beams atop the stadium with Raider signatures on them? Are the construction workers wearing safety vests with the Raider shield on them?

This is OUR stadium and the Raiders are not moving in.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Sure they do....

Our SBL's don't go to the 49ers they go to the Stadium Authority. The 49ers don't own the stadium so we won't get the rent money. Unless it lowers our rent there isn't a ton of incentive.

Incorrect. The SBLs go to the Stadium Authority to build the stadium, but they have enough funding to build the stadium WITHOUT the Raiders. If the Raiders play in the stadium there is a whole new round of SBLs and all sorts of other revenue that WILL stream to the 49ers. The 49ers WILL get rent from the Raiders. Obviously, a very large portion of these funds will go to the SCSA, but the 49ers are partners in this venture with the city and will make money on concerts, etc and other NFL games.

But we aren't involved with the business side. We are just the fans. It would suck to drive by stadium and see it decked out in Raiders colours because they are home that week.

Do you want your team to be successful? Do you go to games? Do you buy merchandise? Then you are involved with the business because you are a consumer if the product. You want your team to be successful on and off the field and ensure they last. In that sense, having the Raiders as a co-Tennant wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides, it's the Raiders fans that have to stomach the stadium being red gold, and white.

News flash, the 49ers will be financially successful with or without the Raiders. 49er FANS stand nothing to gain by sharing the stadium. Your attempt to paint this picture that we as fans should be concerned about whether or not the 49ers can stay financially viable is completely false. The NFL is the most financially healthy professional sports league in the world. The Raiders are on their own. I see no reason to "calm down".
From the 49ers forums:
http://newsantaclarastadium.com/headlines/new-stadium-site-aerial-video

Nice

News flash, the 49ers will be financially successful with or without the Raiders. 49er FANS stand nothing to gain by sharing the stadium. Your attempt to paint this picture that we as fans should be concerned about whether or not the 49ers can stay financially viable is completely false. The NFL is the most financially healthy professional sports league in the world. The Raiders are on their own. I see no reason to "calm down".

Missig the point.

Its not that the 49ers won't be viable WITHOUT the Raiders. We are saying there will be a bigger revenue stream for them if the stadium is shared. That goes into signing bonuses and the like when the Niners are trying to resign players or get big name free agants.

I remember a story from back in the day when Art Modell had to take out a loan with the bank in order to give Andre Rison a signing bonus.

There will be no such problems here.

I would rather the 49ers kept that building all to themsleves and theRaiders can go screw themselves, but to say there is nothing in it for the team or the fans is incorrect. Its not obvious, but it's there nontheless.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
From the 49ers forums:
http://newsantaclarastadium.com/headlines/new-stadium-site-aerial-video

Nice

Yeah, thanks for that.

Missig the point.

Its not that the 49ers won't be viable WITHOUT the Raiders. We are saying there will be a bigger revenue stream for them if the stadium is shared. That goes into signing bonuses and the like when the Niners are trying to resign players or get big name free agants.

I remember a story from back in the day when Art Modell had to take out a loan with the bank in order to give Andre Rison a signing bonus.

I would rather the 49ers kept that building all to themsleves and theRaiders can go screw themselves, but to say there is nothing in it for the team or the fans is incorrect. Its not obvious, but it's there nontheless.

I understand your concern with being able to go after free agents and hand out signing bonuses. But the reality of the situation is that we will be pushing the salary cap year in and year out regardless of whether or not the Raiders share the new stadium. I supported the concept of sharing back when we were struggling to secure financing for the new stadium. But that ship has sailed. Santa Clara is home to the San Francisco 49ers.
Missig the point.

I understand your concern with being able to go after free agents and hand out signing bonuses. But the reality of the situation is that we will be pushing the salary cap year in and year out regardless of whether or not the Raiders share the new stadium. I supported the concept of sharing back when we were struggling to secure financing for the new stadium. But that ship has sailed. Santa Clara is home to the San Francisco 49ers.

Geez people, so possessive. "This is our stadium, he's my quarterback, whaaaaaaaa!"

I just think it would be hilarious to see raiders fans having to use a red and gold stadium. "You're team isn't good enough to play in their own stadium, but you can use our shiney new, red and gold stadium..."
Merry Christmas lol. Got my bill in the mail today for a payment on my seat licenses...
Originally posted by dcsham:
Merry Christmas lol. Got my bill in the mail today for a payment on my seat licenses...

Yep. If anyone wants to unload SBL's feel free to PM me.
anything new?
Share 49ersWebzone