LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I would like to know how exactly does the stadium "expand" from a seating capacity of 68,500 to >68,500 for big events such as the Superbowl and concerts. I studyed the whole new stadium website and you would think they would explain that minor detail about the logistics of their plan.

Parking and access looks very convenient and spacious with highways fanning out in all directions from the stadium which is great.

this video will pobably answer your question pretty clearly. its about JerryWorld, but the 49ers will do something similar.

I was also thinking that temporary sections could be built in the corners. Shown below where the big dots are on the corner concourses:

Also on the 3rd level in the endzones, above the narrow rows, there's some room for temp sections.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Reminds me of my hometown stadium (The Linc in Philly)

[ Edited by cools on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM ]
Originally posted by cools:

Eerily similar.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Eerily similar.

Agreed.
Originally posted by cools:

Ya...I've been saying that since I saw the first renderings.
From the 49ers forums:
http://newsantaclarastadium.com/headlines/new-stadium-site-aerial-video
[ Edited by 9erReign on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM ]
Lot of talk lately about sharing with the Raiders.

On 95.7 the game they did a segment (and I have always felt that station is more pro Raider than 49er) on it and the hosts were loving the idea of the Raiders coming into our stadium, pulling down the 49er logos, etc and throwing up the black and grey. It made me sick. No way in hell I want the Raiders sharing our stadium. Even if they do kick in and rebate some of my PSL (which we all know won't happen anyway).
Originally posted by SportsFan:

On 95.7 the game they did a segment (and I have always felt that station is more pro Raider than 49er) on it and the hosts were loving the idea of the Raiders coming into our stadium, pulling down the 49er logos, etc and throwing up the black and grey. It made me sick. No way in hell I want the Raiders sharing our stadium. Even if they do kick in and rebate some of my PSL (which we all know won't happen anyway).

I heard the same segment, but took it an entirely different way. They weren't advocating "taking over". The question they were asking was which fanbase would have more to be upset about should the stadium be shared.

The portion of the conversation you were talking about was when one of the hosts said that Raider fans should like this idea because they are RAIDERS. IE, Pirates. They don't make their own stuff, they take other people stuff. That was the point. It was a joke. It was funny too.

I also wouldn't call them more pro-Raiders BTW. I listen to them every day and there is ALOT of Niner talk. It just isn't 90% Niner talk like it is on KNBR.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM ]

Lol, made you sick. Calm down.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

This

Originally posted by Marvin49:

This

He's canadian. They get all chest puffy about stuff, but he's all talk.

Actually I would say that his reaction was appropriate. Makes me sick as well. 49ers fans stand nothing to gain by sharing the SC Stadium with the Raiders.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Actually I would say that his reaction was appropriate. Makes me sick as well. 49ers fans stand nothing to gain by sharing the SC Stadium with the Raiders.

I say again, lol, calm down. Business wise, there are worse decisions.
I say again, lol, calm down. Business wise, there are worse decisions.

But we aren't involved with the business side. We are just the fans. It would suck to drive by stadium and see it decked out in Raiders colours because they are home that week.

Forget that. Raiders can go to LA.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He's canadian. They get all chest puffy about stuff, but he's all talk.

Now now...

No one is more willing to drop the gloves than a Canuck
Share 49ersWebzone