There are 186 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers

#49ers CEO @JedYork and President @gideonyu recently discussed their #SCStadium vision with the @WSJ. http://bit.ly/VANP7h

"Most of the team's fan experience ideas involve smartphones. York looks forward to the ability to mobilize fans and increase crowd noise through apps or text messages. Yu said the plan is for the new stadium to feature the option to use your smart phone to order food or merchandise, which would then be delivered to your seat."

thats all fine and dandy but does anyone how big the jumbotron is ?

Dunno the actual sqare footage and it won't be like the one in Dallas, but they are pretty damn huge and sit above either endzone.
  • Happs
  • Veteran

Played a round at Santa Clara Golf and Tennis Club today. Here's a shot I took from the 18th green.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i wouldve loved to see Apple and 49ers

I want Intel or Microsoft.

FAIL....that's f**ken Seattle crap!!! }:/
Originally posted by Happs:

Played a round at Santa Clara Golf and Tennis Club today. Here's a shot I took from the 18th green.

What a great picture. Thanks Doot.

Isn't that the parking garage on the right?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yes that is the parking garage. I am not from the area, is that golf course any good?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49

#49ers announce @Sony as consumer electronics partner at #SCStadium & sponsor of team's 20,000 sq-ft Hall of Fame. http://bit.ly/T4Wnou

just read about it. I was hoping for Samsung but Sony is cool too. Based on the interviews I've watched on Fortune it sounds like they are seriously considering building in monitors or tablets into the seats somehow so its surprising to see Sony get the nod over Samsung. They keep talking about giving the customer a chance "rewatch a play from any angle right from their seat" i.e. a personal TV or tablet to view media content, or it could be a very terrible way of phrasing "we're going to have a ton of cameras and replay it on the jumbo screens".

The "rather then Hardware we want Software driven and open source stadium" comment from York in one of the interviews really intrigues me as well. Is York just spouting off young "hipster" techie language or does he actually know what he is saying because it would be dope if they had a lot of hardware and software built into the game day experience.

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2012/11/27/t-york-nfl-49ers-stadium.fortune/

link to one of the interviews and this is the caption for it

"49ers plan $1 billion high-tech stadium San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York talks about his team's plan to build a software-driven stadium that will let fans to go online at an NFL game."

Which screams your going to have a tablet at your seat or at minimum a legitimate game day app for your personal cell phone to use during the game.

Nice info. Sure hope I can make out to a game at the new stadium when it is built.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Must be why there are 6 big buildings off 101 in Mt View and Sunnyvale with Microsoft on them huh?
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Yes that is the parking garage. I am not from the area, is that golf course any good?

No, it's crap. They should tear it down and make a parking lot for the stadium. Unrealistic obviously, but that's how crap that course is.

If there's a way to get access, they should open that golf course for tailgating like they do the course next to the Rose Bowl. Down in Pasadena they have it all roped off and fans drive on to the course just like a parking lot. I did it once and it was pretty cool. I'm guessing the course could charge enough and get enough cars on the course to pay for a one day shut-down and clean-up costs and still make a nice chunk of change.

• Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

No, it's crap. They should tear it down and make a parking lot for the stadium. Unrealistic obviously, but that's how crap that course is.

I like the course, but I'm a muni course type of golfer. Only get to play good courses a few times a year. Lots of doglegs here that force you to shape your shots. I may get the a pregame round in every now and then before tailgating. Or just might drink up at the golf course bar before the games.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Must be why there are 6 big buildings off 101 in Mt View and Sunnyvale with Microsoft on them huh?

Yes, but Paul Allen, the owner of the Seahawks is a CO-FOUNDER of Microsoft.
I would like to know how exactly does the stadium "expand" from a seating capacity of 68,500 to >68,500 for big events such as the Superbowl and concerts. I studyed the whole new stadium website and you would think they would explain that minor detail about the logistics of their plan.

Parking and access looks very convenient and spacious with highways fanning out in all directions from the stadium which is great.
I would imagine you could order food and drinks from your seat and they call you to go pick it up when it is ready.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I would like to know how exactly does the stadium "expand" from a seating capacity of 68,500 to >68,500 for big events such as the Superbowl and concerts. I studyed the whole new stadium website and you would think they would explain that minor detail about the logistics of their plan.

Parking and access looks very convenient and spacious with highways fanning out in all directions from the stadium which is great.

this video will pobably answer your question pretty clearly. its about JerryWorld, but the 49ers will do something similar.

[ Edited by THEB on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
jed is a pretty smart dude
Share 49ersWebzone