LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49

#49ers announce @Sony as consumer electronics partner at #SCStadium & sponsor of team's 20,000 sq-ft Hall of Fame. http://bit.ly/T4Wnou

Have Sony camcorder, hdtv, bluray player and (2) PS3s, since they support the Niners, I'll continue to buy their products.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
When he says software over hardware he means that people will use their own personal devices at their seats to re-watch things. They will provide the wireless and content but you have to bring your own phone/tablet/etc. They aren't going to put devices at each seat.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
As I last read on the topic, the seats will NOT have screen attached, but will have clips or a holder to hold something should you bring it yourself. The "watch all angles" thing was intended to be an app of some sort that would run on your own device if you brought it into the stadium.

The "Software instead of Hardware" comment does tell me its an Application BUT a tablet could still be implemented at a hefty but relatively small cost, as a more then adequate tablet to run only stadium-centric software such as video playback, access to NFL.com, order food, etc could likely be implemented at $50 a seat or $3.25 Million or less then 0.25% of the total cost of the stadium for every seat. I based this off that more then capable Android tablet sold in India for less then $50 USD(even though a stadium partner like Sony would probably field more beefy products for the same price because of the advertising). The annual cost of it does seem to be too much to bear but if they made it a feature available to PSL or season ticket holders only, I personally wouldn't have a problem paying them an extra $50-200 a year to give me a tablet I could pick up at the stadium (I dont mean to generalize but especially PSL owners as people who can afford to throw down 60-80K+ for a PSL are more likely to afford the "chump change" of $50-200 annually) - I dont think attaching them to the seats would work very well unless it was completely built into the seat to prevent theft.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
When he says software over hardware he means that people will use their own personal devices at their seats to re-watch things. They will provide the wireless and content but you have to bring your own phone/tablet/etc. They aren't going to put devices at each seat.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
As I last read on the topic, the seats will NOT have screen attached, but will have clips or a holder to hold something should you bring it yourself. The "watch all angles" thing was intended to be an app of some sort that would run on your own device if you brought it into the stadium.

The "Software instead of Hardware" comment does tell me its an Application BUT a tablet could still be implemented at a hefty but relatively small cost, as a more then adequate tablet to run only stadium-centric software such as video playback, access to NFL.com, order food, etc could likely be implemented at $50 a seat or $3.25 Million or less then 0.25% of the total cost of the stadium for every seat. I based this off that more then capable Android tablet sold in India for less then $50 USD(even though a stadium partner like Sony would probably field more beefy products for the same price because of the advertising). The annual cost of it does seem to be too much to bear but if they made it a feature available to PSL or season ticket holders only, I personally wouldn't have a problem paying them an extra $50-200 a year to give me a tablet I could pick up at the stadium (I dont mean to generalize but especially PSL owners as people who can afford to throw down 60-80K+ for a PSL are more likely to afford the "chump change" of $50-200 annually) - I dont think attaching them to the seats would work very well unless it was completely built into the seat to prevent theft.

They don't want to drop that money for a product that will be obsolete in 3 years. It isn't just 3 Mil...it'll be that much money everytime they upgrade. The solution they are looking at it giving ACCESS to people who bring their own device.

Its a much smarter solution.

As for connecting them to the seats...I'm not saying that as my own idea...I read that somewhere that they were going to do that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers

#49ers CEO @JedYork and President @gideonyu recently discussed their #SCStadium vision with the @WSJ. http://bit.ly/VANP7h
49ers & Sony???

A match made in Heaven for me.

Sony will have their latest Tech in that Stadium. Most advanced Screen...and I bet they will have type of glassless 3D stuff in the 49ers Hall of Fame exhibit.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
49ers & Sony???

Sony will have their latest Tech in that Stadium. Most advanced Screen...and I bet they will have type of glassless 3D stuff in the 49ers Hall of Fame exhibit.

Will it be called Sony stadium?
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
49ers & Sony???

Will it be called Sony stadium?

No. Stadium naming rights have not yet been sold.
nice SONY is the best!
i wouldve loved to see Apple and 49ers
wow i really thought it was gonna be google park

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rxrunner:

I want Intel or Microsoft.
Originally posted by rxrunner:

nah they woulda charged you an extra $500 for the same s**t

#49ers CEO @JedYork and President @gideonyu recently discussed their #SCStadium vision with the @WSJ. http://bit.ly/VANP7h

"Most of the team's fan experience ideas involve smartphones. York looks forward to the ability to mobilize fans and increase crowd noise through apps or text messages. Yu said the plan is for the new stadium to feature the option to use your smart phone to order food or merchandise, which would then be delivered to your seat."

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by captveg:

"Most of the team's fan experience ideas involve smartphones. York looks forward to the ability to mobilize fans and increase crowd noise through apps or text messages. Yu said the plan is for the new stadium to feature the option to use your smart phone to order food or merchandise, which would then be delivered to your seat."

thats all fine and dandy but does anyone how big the jumbotron is ?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by captveg:

thats all fine and dandy but does anyone how big the jumbotron is ?

that would be sick if you could watch replays on your phone
Share 49ersWebzone