There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it is going up at a real nice pace. Can't wait for the die-casts to start going up.

You mean the precast concrete risers? They already are.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,558
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it is going up at a real nice pace. Can't wait for the die-casts to start going up.

You mean the precast concrete risers? They already are.


Yeah, I meant the risers. Where are they up at?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it is going up at a real nice pace. Can't wait for the die-casts to start going up.

You mean the precast concrete risers? They already are.


Yeah, I meant the risers. Where are they up at?

Look at the Great America view on the website....you can see big section of them in the bowl.
So how do you guys think the parking will work out? We are trying to host a Superbowl too. Those familiar with the area, are there going to be traffic issues?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,558
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it is going up at a real nice pace. Can't wait for the die-casts to start going up.

You mean the precast concrete risers? They already are.


Yeah, I meant the risers. Where are they up at?

Look at the Great America view on the website....you can see big section of them in the bowl.


Thanks, didn't realize that was the precast. Coming along very nicely I must say.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
So how do you guys think the parking will work out? We are trying to host a Superbowl too. Those familiar with the area, are there going to be traffic issues?

There will always be traffic issues with a stadium this size, but it should be much better than Candlestick for several reasons...

1) MUCH more access via public transit: VTA Light Rail drops off right in front of the stadium, Heavy Rail within walking distance.
2) Large roads all around (4-6 Lane roads in most directions).
3) VERY close to 2 Freeways (237 and 101) and several entrances/exits.

The negatives are that there isn't as much surface parking immediately adjacent to the stadium. Much more parking will be in business lots in the area and a bit of a longer walk to get to the stadium.

As for hosting a Super Bowl, that's the beauty of the site. Many events during SB week could have everyone on foot the entire week. A number of hotels, the Convention Center, and the Stadium are all within a block of each other. IE...less cars in the area to begin with.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM ]
New Stadium Aerial Photo Gallery

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/11/09/new-stadium-aerial-photo-gallery/
Originally posted by Muggins:
New Stadium Aerial Photo Gallery

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/11/09/new-stadium-aerial-photo-gallery/
































coming along quickly
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 785
Surprised this hasn't degenerated into a QB1 thread. For instance "That is where they are putting the sideline, where Alex has trouble hitting the deep fade."
is the field gonna be lower than ground level ?
Originally posted by Nuns:
Surprised this hasn't degenerated into a QB1 thread. For instance "That is where they are putting the sideline, where Alex has trouble hitting the deep fade."

....why even bring that up?
Originally posted by susweel:
is the field gonna be lower than ground level ?

Well, "ground level" isn't static. The north side of the sadium is actually higher than the south east corner...so the field is below the street on the north side but equal on the south side.

Kinda hard to explain.
Great pics of the stadium!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
is the field gonna be lower than ground level ?

Well, "ground level" isn't static. The north side of the sadium is actually higher than the south east corner...so the field is below the street on the north side but equal on the south side.

Kinda hard to explain.

Sorry, I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on that one, Marv. The field obviously has to be level, so what do you mean?