LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/20574346/vikings-steelers-to-meet-in-london-2013-super-bowl-50-eyeing-san-francisco-miami

"The Vikings will host the Steelers in the second game in London in 2013.
San Francisco (in their new stadium) and South Florida are finalists for Super Bowl 50 -- aka Super Bowl L -- and those two, plus Houston, finalists for Super Bowl 51"

So really good shot we are hosting Super Bowl 50 or 51.

It goes SB 47 this year in New Orleans, SB 48 in the New York's new stadium for 2013 season, SB 49 in Arizona for 2014 season. Of course all the SBs will be played Feb of the next year so 47 is in Feb 2013, 48 is Feb 2014, 49 is Feb 2015. If we win SB 50 which would be a huge huge deal it would be Feb 2016 (2015 season). Or SB 51 which would be the 2016 Season played Feb 2017. So earliest we can get it is this season plus 2 more. But tha'ts ok because it would only be the stadium's 2nd seson if we got #50. It won't be open until the year of SB 49 but that was already decide for Arizona so 50 would be our 1st shot.

My only question though I looked it up and is about 60-65 the average weather for February. Is that about right... what is the night and day average? We won't have a roof... is it a little bit cold for a game? I mean not to the average fan or people from Wisconsin but what about all these big wig? It would be at night by half time although I guess there would be a lot of body heat plus the stadium lights.
That is why I can't wait for the one in NY. It could be played in the rain or snow.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
would be f**kin insane if were playing in that superbowl at home. i would without hesitation sign over the rights to my first born son and kidnap macully kulkin to hold for ransom to get tickets to that!

Does anyone know what rights season ticket holders have to superbowl tickets for the game when its in your home stadium? Is there some sort of lottery, or would we just be on our own?

The contract I signed for the SBL specifically says that we do not have rights to any other NFL games. The only way we have a shot is if our team is in the super bowl and then we are put in a lottery.
To clear it up found this...

NFL owners will vote next May between San Francisco and South Florida for the 50th Super Bowl in 2016. The loser of that race will then compete with Houston for hosting the 2017 game.

So odds are we get one of them. I think we have a good shot at 50 which would be a lot bigger. Miami might have the better weather although it was raining there for the last one. The 49ers will have a much better stadium though. As for atmosphere hard to beat Miami although San Jose is close to Santa Clara.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
Our new stadium is hideous
Originally posted by fister30:

Why do you say that?

At least it actually LOOKS like a stadium, unlike that barn in Indianapolis or the spaceships in Dallas and Glendale.
  • Happs
  • Veteran

NFL owners will vote next May between San Francisco and South Florida for the 50th Super Bowl in 2016. The loser of that race will then compete with Houston for hosting the 2017 game.

So odds are we get one of them. I think we have a good shot at 50 which would be a lot bigger. Miami might have the better weather although it was raining there for the last one. The 49ers will have a much better stadium though. As for atmosphere hard to beat Miami although San Jose is close to Santa Clara.

As I understand it, the 49ers bid focuses on the city of San Francisco as the host city rather than where the stadium is located. The events associated with the Superbowl will be held in San Francisco according to what I've read on it.

good don't go
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Why do you say that?

It's drab, boring. I understand costs but it should offer some visually pleasing aspects. Honestly it looks like a division II football stadium.
[ Edited by fister30 on Oct 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

good don't go

Post your seat number so I can sit next to you. I won't be too annoying. I'll only talk about CK & Smith, maybe civil liberties between plays. We can be bestest friends!

• THEB
  • Veteran
It's drab, boring. I understand costs but it should offer some visually pleasing aspects. Honestly it looks like a division II football stadium.

Youre crazy if you actually believe that. Our stadium will look great, and it will look like a football stadium, not a concert venue like in dallas. If i wanted to watch the game on a huge TV i would stay at hom and scoot really close to the screen.
Originally posted by THEB:
Youre crazy if you actually believe that. Our stadium will look great, and it will look like a football stadium, not a concert venue like in dallas. If i wanted to watch the game on a huge TV i would stay at hom and scoot really close to the screen.

Originally posted by THEB:

Thank You! I like how the sadium looks like a football stadium and not some futuristic alien-like bowl... Like the Farmers Field concept for LA.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Why do you say that?

You = nuts.

Its isn't the coolest looking piece of artwork when you look at it from space, but it will be a BEAUTIFUL stadium. It's the OPENNESS (sp?) of the design that makes it awesome. Views of the field and area around the stadium from almost everywhere and not a bad seat in the house (largest lower bowl in the NFL).

Peeps who want a space age looking stadium are missing the point entirely...those places are in Arizona, or Texas, or soon to be Minnesota. What do they have in common? HUGE portions of the year where you really just don't want to be outside. The biggest selling point of SC is the WEATHER. Warm, but not humid like Florida.

I thought that was already clear...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Happs:

As I understand it, the 49ers bid focuses on the city of San Francisco as the host city rather than where the stadium is located. The events associated with the Superbowl will be held in San Francisco according to what I've read on it.

I think because it is the 50th Superbowl, Miami will get the game. They have more experience with Super Bowls and I don't see SF getting it because of that same reason. We should get the 51st, though.
Share 49ersWebzone