There are 170 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
if it's in SC in 2014 im hella going..gonna pick up so much ass

ahhh ghey

Actually...technically...2017. Its after the 2016 season. Niners have to play in the stadium for 2 years before a Super Bowl can be held there.

EDIT: oops......I was wrong...its Feb of 2016.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Do you guys know why the niners didn't get multiple stadium designs?

It seemed like HKS presented them with just one design an they went with that :/
[ Edited by ninermaniac on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/20574346/vikings-steelers-to-meet-in-london-2013-super-bowl-50-eyeing-san-francisco-miami

"The Vikings will host the Steelers in the second game in London in 2013.
San Francisco (in their new stadium) and South Florida are finalists for Super Bowl 50 -- aka Super Bowl L -- and those two, plus Houston, finalists for Super Bowl 51"

So really good shot we are hosting Super Bowl 50 or 51.

It goes SB 47 this year in New Orleans, SB 48 in the New York's new stadium for 2013 season, SB 49 in Arizona for 2014 season. Of course all the SBs will be played Feb of the next year so 47 is in Feb 2013, 48 is Feb 2014, 49 is Feb 2015. If we win SB 50 which would be a huge huge deal it would be Feb 2016 (2015 season). Or SB 51 which would be the 2016 Season played Feb 2017. So earliest we can get it is this season plus 2 more. But tha'ts ok because it would only be the stadium's 2nd seson if we got #50. It won't be open until the year of SB 49 but that was already decide for Arizona so 50 would be our 1st shot.

My only question though I looked it up and is about 60-65 the average weather for February. Is that about right... what is the night and day average? We won't have a roof... is it a little bit cold for a game? I mean not to the average fan or people from Wisconsin but what about all these big wig? It would be at night by half time although I guess there would be a lot of body heat plus the stadium lights.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM ]
I cant imagine with Gideon Yu and Jed York leading the way that we would lose any bid for a super bowl. Yu seems like a financial heavyweight with massive connections and York is very business savvy.
Originally posted by izrath:
I cant imagine with Gideon Yu and Jed York leading the way that we would lose any bid for a super bowl. Yu seems like a financial heavyweight with massive connections and York is very business savvy.

Originally posted by ninermaniac:

It seemed like HKS presented them with just one design an they went with that :/

I think if they were presented with multiple designs, they certainly wouldn't want that knowledge to be available to the public. Nothing good could come out of it for the 49ers franchise. Most people would complain that they didn't pick the "best" design, and boo-hoo "if only" they picked their favorite design everything would have been perfect.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninermaniac:

I think if they were presented with multiple designs, they certainly wouldn't want that knowledge to be available to the public. Nothing good could come out of it for the 49ers franchise. Most people would complain that they didn't pick the "best" design, and boo-hoo "if only" they picked their favorite design everything would have been perfect.

Yeah I am no architect or anything but I feel like you dont spend, what, almost 40 million just to design something and only have one design to show for it
i wonder if we do the London trip to help us with the SB L bid?

i think so
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:

i think so

quid pro quo
would be f**kin insane if were playing in that superbowl at home. i would without hesitation sign over the rights to my first born son and kidnap macully kulkin to hold for ransom to get tickets to that!

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
would be f**kin insane if were playing in that superbowl at home. i would without hesitation sign over the rights to my first born son and kidnap macully kulkin to hold for ransom to get tickets to that!

Does anyone know what rights season ticket holders have to superbowl tickets for the game when its in your home stadium? Is there some sort of lottery, or would we just be on our own?
[ Edited by dcsham on Oct 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:

Does anyone know what rights season ticket holders have to superbowl tickets for the game when its in your home stadium? Is there some sort of lottery, or would we just be on our own?

We aren't guaranteed tickets to the Super Bowl or Olympics. Everything else we have rights on. I believe there's a lottery for the season ticket holders of all teams that play in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

We aren't guaranteed tickets to the Super Bowl or Olympics. Everything else we have rights on. I believe there's a lottery for the season ticket holders of all teams that play in the Super Bowl.

SBL owners will be in a very limited lottery for SB tickets too.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:

i think so

quid pro quo

This
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

SBL owners will be in a very limited lottery for SB tickets too.

I heard the 80K seats get a shot at SB, 30K and 20K tix are in a lottery and I've heard nothing about the rest.
Share 49ersWebzone