There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I've seen people post they thought stadium could be finished by 2013. I rolled my eyes when I read it. But, after looking at the stadium right now on the live cam it looks like they've accomplished a lot so far. I remember Jed York saying there were incentives if they finished early. Is it even possible for them to have it ready next season?

No. Steel will go up fast but once that is done it will slow way down.

yea, piping, ductwork, electrical, fire suppression will take a a long while to install correctly. Throw in field changes, engineering changes, etc and 2014 sounds about right.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I've seen people post they thought stadium could be finished by 2013. I rolled my eyes when I read it. But, after looking at the stadium right now on the live cam it looks like they've accomplished a lot so far. I remember Jed York saying there were incentives if they finished early. Is it even possible for them to have it ready next season?

No. Steel will go up fast but once that is done it will slow way down.

yea, piping, ductwork, electrical, fire suppression will take a a long while to install correctly. Throw in field changes, engineering changes, etc and 2014 sounds about right.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the precast concrete go up. ;-) Thats when it'll really start to look like a stadium.
i got this thing in the mail about the 49ers santaclara experience

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/125047-new-stadium-pics-info/page220/

Did anyone else get this invite?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i got this thing in the mail about the 49ers santaclara experience

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/125047-new-stadium-pics-info/page220/

Did anyone else get this invite?

Your link doesn't lead to anything.
Read what Troy Aikman said about the new Cowboys Stadium. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/troy-aikman-things-dallas-sports-183205221--nfl.html

I really hope the move to Santa Clara doesn't take away the middle class that make the environment. I just would hate to see half the stadium filled with corporate hobnobbers who won't get loud or into the game.
Read what Troy Aikman said about the new Cowboys Stadium. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/troy-aikman-things-dallas-sports-183205221--nfl.html

I really hope the move to Santa Clara doesn't take away the middle class that make the environment. I just would hate to see half the stadium filled with corporate hobnobbers who won't get loud or into the game.

Yeah, the new Cowboys stadium is more like a theme park / mall type experience. Im sure a lot of fans go there more for the "outing" rather than to support their team. Also, Jon Gruden said it best on MNF a couple weeks ago....the grandeur of Cowboys stadium is so apparent that opposing teams feel even more motivated to go in there and get a win.
Originally posted by Faraz80:

Yeah, the new Cowboys stadium is more like a theme park / mall type experience. Im sure a lot of fans go there more for the "outing" rather than to support their team. Also, Jon Gruden said it best on MNF a couple weeks ago....the grandeur of Cowboys stadium is so apparent that opposing teams feel even more motivated to go in there and get a win.

Exactly. That's why I'm going to miss Candlestick how can you focus on anything else but the game? lol Sure it will be nice to have matching seats for once but I just hope the Yorks keep the theme football. Sort of the way Green Bay did it.
Exactly. That's why I'm going to miss Candlestick how can you focus on anything else but the game? lol Sure it will be nice to have matching seats for once but I just hope the Yorks keep the theme football. Sort of the way Green Bay did it.

Yep, my twin brother is a cowboys fans so I hear a lot about Jerry Jones and the stadium. I've watched some of their games as well. It's more of an entertainment venue than a football stadium. They are putting in a victoria's secret for crying out loud. My brother said he wishes they could go back to the old one where it was just about football and the fans were better. The new one has a lot of corporate big wigs that aren't fans. Those sideline suites are cool but full of those types of fans. He talks about how him and many want Jerry to give up being GM and that he's more about the money and his ego than football. He needs to get out of his own way. Jed is pretty in touch with the fans... he uses twitter and interacts plus he gives away tickets/field passes all the time. I think he has an open door and will listen to fans which not all owners care about. I think he will be a little more grounded and realize it's about the average fan. I'd hate for us to lose our home field advantage that we just got back last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
nice
Bump.

After the s**tty day I spent in Candlestick yesterday. Horrible sight lines, 30 min (!!) wait in line for the men's bathroom. Once I got into the bathroom, got water leaked on my head from pipes in the ceiling. One way out of the parking lot, that many times that I've been there has been flooded.

f**k that place. I've been going there since 1970, and it's always been a s**thole. For my part, when they lay the wrecking ball to that place I will be the first one standing up and applauding. The s**tty experience of going there has overshadowed the great moments on the field. I can't wait until I'm sitting in the new stadium in 2014.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Bump.

After the s**tty day I spent in Candlestick yesterday. Horrible sight lines, 30 min (!!) wait in line for the men's bathroom. Once I got into the bathroom, got water leaked on my head from pipes in the ceiling. One way out of the parking lot, that many times that I've been there has been flooded.

f**k that place. I've been going there since 1970, and it's always been a s**thole. For my part, when they lay the wrecking ball to that place I will be the first one standing up and applauding. The s**tty experience of going there has overshadowed the great moments on the field. I can't wait until I'm sitting in the new stadium in 2014.

I'm happy with the progress of our stadium, and I hope it's a world beater technology wise. But the same design company just came out with the design for the Vikings stadium and architecturally it's pretty bad ass looking. Whether you think it's ugly or cool looking, it's unique. Jed must have only bought the gold package and not stepped up to the platinum.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10499766
Originally posted by niners_guy:
I'm happy with the progress of our stadium, and I hope it's a world beater technology wise. But the same design company just came out with the design for the Vikings stadium and architecturally it's pretty bad ass looking. Whether you think it's ugly or cool looking, it's unique. Jed must have only bought the gold package and not stepped up to the platinum.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10499766

Bleh - it's another ugly dome, IMO. I personally like clean, efficient and highly functional. SF stadium is exactly that.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM ]