LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
For things to do I think they have a good start there is a golf course to the top left of that picture. There are a few tennis courts... not sure if these are both for members only though. For the 1st month to month and a half until the park closes there is Great America which would be great for families. There is the Santa Clara Convention Center right there. They can probably hold a bunch of 49ers related stuff there. Also, maybe they will give tours of the stadium/let people see the HOF on Saturdays (plus other days) for people traveling for the weekend. Are there any shopping areas around? I'm sure they will have a 49ers shop inside the stadium. Looks like there are a few movie theaters in the area as well. Also that little rectangular area above the point of the yellow "N" (for North) arrow there.... "Montana and his investor group (eddie d is in on it as well) will start negotiating with the city for a lease and proceed with their plans to build an upscale hotel, sports bar and restaurants on seven acres of land in the city, the report says." Would give people more stuff to do if they built a big sports bar and even another hotel. If I was a business in that area I would look into something like go carts or mini golf as well. Who knows maybe they could negotiate with the park and keep them open longer or have some sort of deal with 9ers tickets to get a % off admission to the park.

Actually the front of the stadium on the Tasman (North) side has retail space designated for lease. The 49ers store can already be seen in the drawings (front doors are beneath the escalator on the Northwest corner).

The 49ers HOF will be open year round and is being handled by the same company that did the Patriots in-stadium HOF.

I'm sure there will be a partnership between Great America and the Stadium Authority and the NFL. There is a reason Cedar Fair decided to hang onto the right instead of selling to the Yorks. They see cross-promotion opportunities as well.

The Montana/DeBartolo project will go hand-in-hand with the Stadium. My guess is a very large Bar and Restaraunt to capture the outpour of fans after the game (similar to Bars near AT&T). That hotel will be there and there is also a Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott very close by.

I dunno where they can find space, but my guess is that they will fill every square inch of available land they can find with businesses who want to be near the stadium.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, for the pics, Marv.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Actually the front of the stadium on the Tasman (North) side has retail space designated for lease. The 49ers store can already be seen in the drawings (front doors are beneath the escalator on the Northwest corner).

The 49ers HOF will be open year round and is being handled by the same company that did the Patriots in-stadium HOF.

I'm sure there will be a partnership between Great America and the Stadium Authority and the NFL. There is a reason Cedar Fair decided to hang onto the right instead of selling to the Yorks. They see cross-promotion opportunities as well.

The Montana/DeBartolo project will go hand-in-hand with the Stadium. My guess is a very large Bar and Restaraunt to capture the outpour of fans after the game (similar to Bars near AT&T). That hotel will be there and there is also a Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott very close by.

I dunno where they can find space, but my guess is that they will fill every square inch of available land they can find with businesses who want to be near the stadium.

Thanks for the info.... definitely going to be a lot of stuff to do around there for people that go and want to spend a weekend. I think the coolest part would be a huge sports bar with a ton of memorabilia. Would be great for people who didn't get tickets to watch the game there and then coming in afterwards to celebrate with fellow fans. Wish I lived out there. :(
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Thanks for the info.... definitely going to be a lot of stuff to do around there for people that go and want to spend a weekend. I think the coolest part would be a huge sports bar with a ton of memorabilia. Would be great for people who didn't get tickets to watch the game there and then coming in afterwards to celebrate with fellow fans. Wish I lived out there. :(

I live 20 minutes away and I'm already thinking of getting a room sometimes on gamedays. How awesome would that be!
Originally posted by ni9er:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
utility/electric company (Silicon Valley power?) would probably throw a fit....last thing we need are more power outtages @ a brand new stadium (how embarassing would that be!) basically more headaches than its worth

Power outages are more likely when the power line is exposed. I'm sure the power company will be resistant and the cost might be prohibitive to bury the line and integrate it into the shopping center. I'm just impressed by Patriots Place, it adds value to the franchise and makes going to the stadium more enjoyable.

That looks like a substation. Undergrounding that would require en entirely new underground facility. Not so easy.
Sweet pics.
Will Bart run through Santa Clara for the new stadium? That would really benefit me and alotta people coming from the eastbay area.
Originally posted by sizzle86:
Will Bart run through Santa Clara for the new stadium? That would really benefit me and alotta people coming from the eastbay area.

Vta (south bays poor mans version of Bart), stops right by there. Bart is planning on extending fremont line to San Jose. But it won't be anywhere near the stadium and won't be built (if it is at all) for many years
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by sizzle86:

Vta (south bays poor mans version of Bart), stops right by there. Bart is planning on extending fremont line to San Jose. But it won't be anywhere near the stadium and won't be built (if it is at all) for many years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley_BART_extension

looks like the terminus would be near santa clara university (about 6 miles from the stadium site, also near where the SJ earthquakes new soccer field will be near SJ airport)....i know the ACE train track goes further north from santa clara station to another station right next to great america, but if and when that is ever converted for BART, we're talking minimum 15 years down the line. knowing CA, don't hold your breath.

as stated, more than likely there will be a VTA light rail "shuttle" from either (or all) of the montague station (near the great mall of the bay area), the downtown SJ station, or the terminus at santa clara station.

the phase 1 extension from fremont to milpitas and a terminus berryessa (SJ flea market site) is scheduled to be done by 2016, so if you're planning on taking BART to a game in 4-5 years, you'd probably have to get off at montague station and transfer to VTA to get to the stadium.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley_BART_extension

looks like the terminus is near santa clara university (also near where the SJ earthquakes new stadium will be)....i know the ACE train track goes further north from santa clara station to another station right next to great america, but if and when that is ever converted for BART, we're talking minimum 15 years down the line. knowing CA, don't hold your breath.

as stated, more than likely there will be a VTA light rail "shuttle" from either (or all) of the montague station (near the great mall of the bay area), the downtown SJ station, or the terminus at santa clara station.

The milpitas station would work very nicely. Fans could catch Vta and be a couple miles from the stadium. Never heard of the Santa Clara subway plan and sounds unlikely. Only way I see it working is is the A's stadium happens and San Jose dumps millions into the infrastructure. It would be awesome if Bart does finally come down here, but like you said it would be years down the road.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
The milpitas station would work very nicely. Fans could catch Vta and be a couple miles from the stadium. Never heard of the Santa Clara subway plan and sounds unlikely. Only way I see it working is is the A's stadium happens and San Jose dumps millions into the infrastructure. It would be awesome if Bart does finally come down here, but like you said it would be years down the road.

yup, the A's stadium would be right net to Diridon station (just south of HP pavilion AKA SJ arena).
Anyone get their upgrades processed yet?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Anyone get their upgrades processed yet?

upgrades ? do you mean relocation ?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is it done yet ?
Originally posted by susweel:
is it done yet ?

no, they extended the cut off date from the 17th to the 31st.

Seat relocation begins on Sept 6th
Share 49ersWebzone