LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by rodbeezy:
Rivermark and North First Street (Chipotle, Five Guys, Fresh and Easy) plazas be forewarned, the traffic you see during the normal lunch rush will astronomically rise after this stadium is up and running. That's the first thing I thought of today as I was struggling to find parking during lunch yesterday. I hope they'll be able to scale with an influx of NFL fans.

Football is mainly played on Sundays. And the weeknight games are few and at night. Not sure how that will affect the normal lunch rush.

There might be more of a rush now while you have all of these construction workers around... but even then most of their lunches are either catered or they bring it. And I dont see how it will affect parking during the season...

Normal weekday lunch rush won't be any worse, but I think I should've clarified that these plazas aren't capable handling that Sunday influx that's about to ensue. I imagine a lot of these fans will opt to grab a pre-game meal at these plazas after paying an arm and a leg for nosebleeds. Then again, I could be wrong in that a majority of fans will opt to tailgate now that they'll have the opportunity to do so in constant mid 60s-low/mid 70s weather.
Was bored at lunch again today so took more shots of the stadium as I drove by. Nothing too new here. This is for the benefit of those who aren't local. All of these shots are me driving west on Tasman past the stadium site.

Just driving over the bridge (Train Tracks run under it), You can see the Light Rail Tracks in the foreground. You can see the Southeast portion of the stadium construction. That row of trees just t the left of the construction blocks the view of the practice fields from this bridge.

Southeast Portion seen between the trees and bushes in the center of Tasman, You can also see the Rollercoasters from Great America on the far right.

Going through the intersection of Tasman and Centennial. Damn...look at those Cranes. LOL. You can see that they have started with those white exterior beams on the northeast Corner.

ANother shot of that Northeast Corner. White beams more visable. You can also see the start of the wall that makes it hard to see the construction from the street.

Put this one in just so peeps could see the wall. ;-)

Just for the "Furure Home" line. ;-)

This one is actually a bit farther down and is the top of the Northwest Corner (Suite Stack). This will be the stadiums main entrance from Tasman.

Anyway...I'll probably make this drive ever so often just to see the construction from a different angle than the webcams. ;-)
Great pics Marvin49...thanks...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Marvin is on point, good job with the pics.
Originally posted by susweel:
Marvin is on point, good job with the pics.

This for sure! Great job!
Marv,

infiltrate the construction zone as a worker !

or Cop, sailor, Biker, indian etc
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Marv,

infiltrate the construction zone as a worker !

or Cop, sailor, Biker, indian etc

Pull the Chris Farley move from Tommy Boy. Just walk in and start saying stuff like "I'm going to check the end line specs on the rotary girder. LOL

Thanks for those great pics Marvin. Love the ones with the crane straight up... I bet they are even more impressive in person.

Why not create a shopping place like patriots place. Its easy to bury power lines.
Originally posted by ni9er:

Why not create a shopping place like patriots place. Its easy to bury power lines.

I'm all for it!

Originally posted by tohara3:

I'm all for it!

utility/electric company (Silicon Valley power?) would probably throw a fit....last thing we need are more power outtages @ a brand new stadium (how embarassing would that be!) basically more headaches than its worth

like i've said before, i see those youth soccer fields being bought out eventually and used by the team....soccer moms be damned!

also the public golf course across the street could be bought out & paved eventually for more parking/tailgating space...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
utility/electric company (Silicon Valley power?) would probably throw a fit....last thing we need are more power outtages @ a brand new stadium (how embarassing would that be!) basically more headaches than its worth

Power outages are more likely when the power line is exposed. I'm sure the power company will be resistant and the cost might be prohibitive to bury the line and integrate it into the shopping center. I'm just impressed by Patriots Place, it adds value to the franchise and makes going to the stadium more enjoyable.
Power outages are more likely when the power line is exposed. I'm sure the power company will be resistant and the cost might be prohibitive to bury the line and integrate it into the shopping center. I'm just impressed by Patriots Place, it adds value to the franchise and makes going to the stadium more enjoyable.

closet pats fan???

the focus right now should be on finishing the stadium itself by 2014 (on track). any other peripheral things in the surrounding area can/will be addressed within the stadium's first decade (probably after the first couple years of ironing out the stadium's teething problems)....CA is more prohibitive and litigous though, so don't expect a massive sports/entertainment complex to sprout up overnight (unless suck a project is integrated into say, a Bay Area Olympics bid, which will expedite things)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]

Why?
For things to do I think they have a good start there is a golf course to the top left of that picture. There are a few tennis courts... not sure if these are both for members only though. For the 1st month to month and a half until the park closes there is Great America which would be great for families. There is the Santa Clara Convention Center right there. They can probably hold a bunch of 49ers related stuff there. Also, maybe they will give tours of the stadium/let people see the HOF on Saturdays (plus other days) for people traveling for the weekend. Are there any shopping areas around? I'm sure they will have a 49ers shop inside the stadium. Looks like there are a few movie theaters in the area as well. Also that little rectangular area above the point of the yellow "N" (for North) arrow there.... "Montana and his investor group (eddie d is in on it as well) will start negotiating with the city for a lease and proceed with their plans to build an upscale hotel, sports bar and restaurants on seven acres of land in the city, the report says." Would give people more stuff to do if they built a big sports bar and even another hotel. If I was a business in that area I would look into something like go carts or mini golf as well. Who knows maybe they could negotiate with the park and keep them open longer or have some sort of deal with 9ers tickets to get a % off admission to the park.
Share 49ersWebzone