There are 166 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
has anyone seen the proposed los angeles stadium they want to build to attract an nfl team? now that is a spectacle

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/images

yea if you wanna think about everything BUT the game

i like to look at it as a way to get rid of the raiders again

why can't the chargers get that place?
an entire offseason spent talking about what the team wears, and what the decor looks like:

GAYEST..

OFFSEASON..

EVER
has anyone seen the proposed los angeles stadium they want to build to attract an nfl team? now that is a spectacle

Take away the berm around the outside and the office buildings and it wouldn't look too different than the current Niner concept.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Take away the berm around the outside and the office buildings and it wouldn't look too different than the current Niner concept.

that place is practically universal city with a stadium in the middle
Originally posted by teeohh:

That stadium will never get built.

Plus, the fans in LA do not want the Chargers or Raiders moving in.
Originally posted by Extreme:
click to see a large picture of the cardinal's stadium

whoever said it didn't look great in person was right

It looks like an airbed.

god, what an eyesore
Originally posted by WestCoast:

That stadium will never get built.

Plus, the fans in LA do not want the Chargers or Raiders moving in.

I don't know, I like that design a lot more than the niner's proposed stadium. I would prefer it without the city walk mall, but I really like the way it's sunk into the hill.

I think both of them could do more with the design to bounce sound back onto the field. I feel the niners home field advantage is WAY less than other teams' because their stadiums were designed to be loud.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

yea if you wanna think about everything BUT the game

i like to look at it as a way to get rid of the raiders again

I live in LA and I want a team to come here, but I'd much prefer an expansion team. No one will top my Niners, but I'd like there to be a team and games here.

I like the sunken stadium design (or raised ground around it).

Our prospective stadium (Niners) does look a bit generic, but you know they're going to jazz it up and it'll look nice and unique. They're primarily just showing the core structure which emphasizes sightlines. The most recent pic gives an idea of how it won't be just a boring, simple, college type stadium, and there's no doubt it'll begin to look better and better as the details are designed and released.
kinda looks plain to me but im sure theyll add some stuff to it to make it nice. i dont care, as long as there is a winner inside those walls im good
I'll take Kezar over this detroit lyons copycat stadium anyday.

Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
I'll take Kezar over this detroit lyons copycat stadium anyday.

• ZRF80
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I think it's been pointed out in previous posts, but these basic renderings have been clipped from a 14 month old City of Santa Clara zoning variance application and IN NO WAY are presented in a form to sway public opinion on the final design.

Even if that's true it worries me that they're not at least trying to generate a little excitement by releasing some concept drawings that actually look good.

I'm not overly jazzed about the design either. But like some other people, I could care less what it looks like as long as:

1) It gets freaking built
2) The sight lines are great
[i]3) The design the stadium with acoustics in mind. Home field advantage is critical and any advantage you can get is worth it. [/i]
4) There is plenty of parking

Other than these things, I can quibble about my appreciation for the exterior design. It really doesn't matter.

Also, if these are just renderings, they might as well put some out that creates a little buzz. I agree that if the designs are just "placeholders" they they are approaching this project all wrong.

You make a very important point. Whereas the design gives great sightlines of the field from every seat, Im not so sure the open arena architecture takes advantage of honing in the crowd noise, something that the designers of Quest Field made sure of instilling in their stadium. All that noise from SC Stadium will not drown out the opposition; instead, it will escape into the beautiful breeze that all the fans can "enjoy" in our new stadium. Also, you're assuming that the 68K+ seats will sell out............I doubt it, considering that Candlestick looks barren at times during the season.

Point being, Santa Clara was always at a disadvantage because there's really nothing there that will attract the "casual" fan to come to the games. If we cant fill Candlestick, what makes you think that SC will be any different ? On top of that, we have a wide arena stadium that will allow all crowd noise to escape.

Bad idea, if you ask me...............

[ Edited by ZRF80 on May 31, 2009 at 11:10:22 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

^^^that looks cool actually.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on May 31, 2009 at 11:52:55 ]
why is there field turf on top of the boxes on the left of the stadium?

Share 49ersWebzone