LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Gil Brandt of NFL.com think SF will win NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.

i love people that talk s**t to people who back our players! Don't understand you know i don't want hill to start but, if some expert said hill is the next aikman. i def. wouldn't talk s**t.
[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smifunk:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.

Hey susweel, It's Brandt not Brand. Don't rip someone if you don't know his name.....

[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by dublniklz:

And aren't you the same one that thinks the team shouldn't be practicing yet?

Yah and I stand by that. I dont think there is any reason these guys need to practicing this time of year. All it does is open players up for more injuries (example Walt Harris). Besides I dont ever remember the great niner teams practicing in May and they did just fine.

But Bill Walsh DID have mini-camps back then, so I have to disagree that the great 49er teams werent practicing in April, May, june.( I remember them saying Roger Craig, Bubba Parris and Jerry Rice were the stars of their first mini-camps)..
All of you guys failed to note something very significant: When Gil Brandt expressed his opinion that the 9ers would win the west, he seemed to connect it with his favorable comments about Smith and he said he had spoken to Sing, who felt the same way about Smith. Connecting these dots, it sounds as if Sing believes that Smith will be the team's starter this year.

Let's see if that is how it plays out.
Here we go again with the hating and bashing. An article written about our team, and the qb they may think gives us the best chance to win. Now whether or not still seems to be seen, but i mean damn fellas, cant we have one post without saying f**k smith and hill for that matter. I mean say what you want but just like with Sing, with Scotty, and whoever else, no one is really sold on Hill. But i mean God damn, stop hating on the kid, if people still arent ready to give up on the kid. I mean it´s hilarious and sad at the same time. People are still writing articles, and topics on smith and not hill. I mean do a yahoo or google search and whether a bust or almost there, people are still more intrigued by what may or may not happen with smith, then the reality with hill. Itäs the unknown factor, and whats wrong with that. With hill we know what we get lets keep it real. With smith, we know what we have to some degree, but to what is still undetermined. and i honestly feel it´s that uncertainty of what smith can, can´t, will or wont do, that has some still wondering. its a feeling of hope.

It´s also funny how people get upset at everytime you hear the niners mentioned and no one and i mean NO ONE comes flat out and says hill will do this or does that, or capability to do this or that. with hill all we here is, yeah he helped them win at the second half of the season, 7-3 record over four years. Whether in articles by sac bee or press dem, or nfl.com, or yahoo.com, and pick any other site. In reality regardless if we like it or not, no one jumps up and even remotely thinks hill will get us to the playoffs. Just some of our faithful crazy ass fans. Some that look at the picture and say maybe this or that looking at it like the world does, optimistic, but not crazy. Then those that say oh yeah promise land superbowl, and all that. And i´ll be damn say all that hill s**t, and turn on the pc, and who´s mentioned in a new article? smith again.

Why is it that we niner fans, not all, but some, cant see what everyone else sees. I mean it´s like some hill fans have taken the red pill and wanna go back to la la land and those that say hey, i´ll take the blue pill, and he´s not bad, but nothing to get your hopes up about. Some even say smith fans are dick riders, or what have you ,but in reality as well, we arent the ones writing the articles about smith now are we.

Whether with a grain of salt, or taking it to the bank. Most are still intrigued by smith, more than hill, and you cant be mad at anyone for that, which is why you still see more articles about smith, than hill.

Either way go niners:)
Originally posted by hklar17:

Yah and I stand by that. I dont think there is any reason these guys need to practicing this time of year. All it does is open players up for more injuries (example Walt Harris). Besides I dont ever remember the great niner teams practicing in May and they did just fine.

I don't know if you noticed, but were not those great niner teams.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Here we go again with the hating and bashing. An article written about our team, and the qb they may think gives us the best chance to win. Now whether or not still seems to be seen, but i mean damn fellas, cant we have one post without saying f**k smith and hill for that matter. I mean say what you want but just like with Sing, with Scotty, and whoever else, no one is really sold on Hill. But i mean God damn, stop hating on the kid, if people still arent ready to give up on the kid. I mean it´s hilarious and sad at the same time. People are still writing articles, and topics on smith and not hill. I mean do a yahoo or google search and whether a bust or almost there, people are still more intrigued by what may or may not happen with smith, then the reality with hill. Itäs the unknown factor, and whats wrong with that. With hill we know what we get lets keep it real. With smith, we know what we have to some degree, but to what is still undetermined. and i honestly feel it´s that uncertainty of what smith can, can´t, will or wont do, that has some still wondering. its a feeling of hope.

It´s also funny how people get upset at everytime you hear the niners mentioned and no one and i mean NO ONE comes flat out and says hill will do this or does that, or capability to do this or that. with hill all we here is, yeah he helped them win at the second half of the season, 7-3 record over four years. Whether in articles by sac bee or press dem, or nfl.com, or yahoo.com, and pick any other site. In reality regardless if we like it or not, no one jumps up and even remotely thinks hill will get us to the playoffs. Just some of our faithful crazy ass fans. Some that look at the picture and say maybe this or that looking at it like the world does, optimistic, but not crazy. Then those that say oh yeah promise land superbowl, and all that. And i´ll be damn say all that hill s**t, and turn on the pc, and who´s mentioned in a new article? smith again.

Why is it that we niner fans, not all, but some, cant see what everyone else sees. I mean it´s like some hill fans have taken the red pill and wanna go back to la la land and those that say hey, i´ll take the blue pill, and he´s not bad, but nothing to get your hopes up about. Some even say smith fans are dick riders, or what have you ,but in reality as well, we arent the ones writing the articles about smith now are we.

Whether with a grain of salt, or taking it to the bank. Most are still intrigued by smith, more than hill, and you cant be mad at anyone for that, which is why you still see more articles about smith, than hill.

Agreed..... everyone knows what Hill can and can't do. Everyone see's his physical limitations and clearly Hill is not the long term answer. On the other hand, Smith has all the physical tools a very good to great Q.B. needs to display, is still young, is finally once again healthy and back in a Norv Turner similar offense in which he made his greatest improvement and finally has a very good supporting cast around him. This just may be his year to step up, shut everyone up and win everyone over....stay tuned!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

But Bill Walsh DID have mini-camps back then, so I have to disagree that the great 49er teams werent practicing in April, May, june.( I remember them saying Roger Craig, Bubba Parris and Jerry Rice were the stars of their first mini-camps)..

Yes. Walsh had off-season training and play-running. In fact, those 80's Niner players were some of the first to train year around. If you remember, Walter Payton came out to check out Jerry Rice's off-season training program. And, contrary to what some of the so-called "experts" think around here, off-season practice LOWERS the number of injuries during the season.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

The offense is learning a new system and in case you havent noticed the niners are a losing team. There is nothing wrong with OTAs in may there are plenty of other teams running the same practices. Who are you to declare when an NFL team should practice? If Singletary thinks they should practice no one cares what you think. Obviously if a guy gets injured practicing in shorts with no contact its a freak accident, nothing could prevent it. Or maybe they should stop practicing all together and keep everyone fresh for opening day.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Very well said. A lot of arm chair GMs on the board seem to really just parrot one another. I mean you have guys like Leatha or Afrikan and even D_Niner or ZRF who can make a constructive point and I can see there beef with Alex's play. But most of the others do the very same thing they accuse others of doing. Most of them have double standards and are hypocrites.

Again, I've said this over and over....how can ANY Niner fan, NOT be happy when you read something like this? And its not about Smith...just in general I'm asking. Hell, take out Smiths name and put Nate Davis or Damon Huard...I dont care. The fact that it IS Smith being talked about should be even more exciting considering the investment we have put in him.

Lets be honest, Hill will probably end up starting day one. That said, I cant see why ANY niner fan cant be happy that Smith is making big strides and is poised to take over at some point.

Its just good for our team...not the "Aleckx loverz dood."

Originally posted by excelsior:
All of you guys failed to note something very significant: When Gil Brandt expressed his opinion that the 9ers would win the west, he seemed to connect it with his favorable comments about Smith and he said he had spoken to Sing, who felt the same way about Smith. Connecting these dots, it sounds as if Sing believes that Smith will be the team's starter this year.

Let's see if that is how it plays out.

Duly noted.
  • ZRF80
If we win the NFC West, it will be in spite of, not because of, Alex Smith.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

you dont know that. its been 18 months since you saw him play. he couldve changed his mechanics, footwork, learned more about going through his progressions and each play. etc. you want to make an absolute statement about something that hasnt happened yet to make yourself look smart then go ahead, but it doesnt mean youll be right.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

you dont know that. its been 18 months since you saw him play. he couldve changed his mechanics, footwork, learned more about going through his progressions and each play. etc. you want to make an absolute statement about something that hasnt happened yet to make yourself look smart then go ahead, but it doesnt mean youll be right.

your right he coulda changed all of that. i doubt it but will see. I dont think anyone should be writing hill off just because all the articles are about smitty. Smith really has to win the starting job. But i will back hill until he loses the job. We all should be backing Hill right now. IMHO
Share 49ersWebzone