Gil Brandt of NFL.com think SF will win NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hklar17:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dublniklz:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.

And aren't you the same one that thinks the team shouldn't be practicing yet?

Yah and I stand by that. I dont think there is any reason these guys need to practicing this time of year. All it does is open players up for more injuries (example Walt Harris). Besides I dont ever remember the great niner teams practicing in May and they did just fine.

I don't know if you noticed, but were not those great niner teams.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by smifunk:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.

Hey susweel, It's Brandt not Brand. Don't rip someone if you don't know his name.....

I spelled it just the way it was spelled in the title. So dont be such a grammar queen.
Maybe i'm crazy but didn't this dude just have the Niners ranked close to last a week or so ago.

K...

What's your point? Didn't know a players career path is dictated in his early twenties. San Fran must be an alias for some magical parallel universe.

But then again I guess it's cooler and much easier to safety net your opinions with pessimism. This whole board is full of sheep.

Baaaa-aaaa-aaaa

I'll take Gil Brandt's opinion over most the lackeys on here anyday. He actually has
been successful in the Football profession.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on May 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by smifunk:

Hey susweel, It's Brandt not Brand. Don't rip someone if you don't know his name.....

I spelled it just the way it was spelled in the title. So dont be such a grammar queen.

That's vocabulary actually.

You have to practice to get good,that has been a big part of the problem under Nolan,the team ran a play,f**ked it all up,and instead of getting it right,they'd move on to the next play.
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

I'll tak Gil Brandt's opinion over most the lackeys on here anyday. He actually has
been successful in the Football profession.

• mars49er
  • Info N/A

Didnt Aikman suck his 1st 4 years?
[ Edited by mars49er on May 23, 2009 at 5:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

K...

What's your point? Didn't know a players career path is dictated in his early twenties. San Fran must be an alias for some magical parallel universe.
But then again I guess it's cooler and much easier to safety net your opinions with pessimism. This whole board is full of sheep.

Baaaa-aaaa-aaaa

Are you a Bizarro 49ers fan?

[ Edited by vermonator on May 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM ]

Randy B, Clovis, CA 02:35 PM ET.
Hi Gil. Roger Staubach or Joe Montana? Gil Brandt, NFL.com.

Well, Montana has more rings. And he was drafted higher ... but if I had to pick one guy, for one game, I'd still pick Roger.

Well, there goes that argument.
In his 70's, a former GM of the Cowgirls, now an analyst for NFL.com, Gil Brandt covers all the draft talent at the combine and school pro-days. In the process, he talks to lots of GMs and Coaches from around the league.

If he thinks the 49ers will win the division, we should be delighted that a 50 year observer of the grid iron, has assessed our potential so positively. Given his greater depth of knowledge, and exposure to all the teams in the league he must know something that we don't.

While some on this forum believe they know more about the 49ers than he does, this prediction requires knowledge of all 4 teams on the NFC West. Who on the forum has more knowledge about all the teams in our conference than Gil?
It shows the national media is still hating on 9ers. The NFC is ours to lose, not just NFC west. When will they ever learn?
Originally posted by Tyler82:
I saw this question asked on his chat at nfl.com

Gil's chat

ryan, manteca 02:21 PM ET
what do you think of the 49ers this year and do you think smith is a bust or that he just hasn't had the opportunity to succeed because of the 7 oc's in 7 years

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Hi Ryan. I have always liked Alex Smith a lot. He's still pretty young, he just turned 25. I don't think he's had a chance to develop because of all the different systems, and his injuries. I talked with Mike Singletary at the Combine, and I think he feels the same way. I think Smith will surprise some people, and the 49ers will win the NFC West.

Nice!
Thanks, it's for those reasons that I'm a little nervous about our offense this year. I'm hoping we don't have ANOTHER Jim Hostler type offense.
Share 49ersWebzone